Thread: How to open D610 raw files on CS6?

Default How to open D610 raw files on CS6?

Hi, recently upgraded to D610 and was trying to retrieve my raw files in CS6. However, it does not recognise D610 raw files but OK with Jpg files.

I did try to do a search here but it didn't flag out anything. Google for solutions and was given some softwares to download but still no idea how to do it . Some sites recommend saving the raw files from the SD card to the computer using another non Nikon software. Won't this be very tedious? Any good simple solution you guys know of?

Thank you.

Default Re: How to open D610 raw files on CS6?

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    Hi, recently upgraded to D610 and was trying to retrieve my raw files in CS6. However, it does not recognise D610 raw files but OK with Jpg files.

I did try to do a search here but it didn't flag out anything. Google for solutions and was given some softwares to download but still no idea how to do it . Some sites recommend saving the raw files from the SD card to the computer using another non Nikon software. Won't this be very tedious? Any good simple solution you guys know of?

Thank you.
    I have no problem retriving with Adobe Photoshop CC, perhaps you can try this software

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post

Thank you.
    I'm assuming u have Adobe Bridge CS6.

Use Adobe Bridge to download updates to CS6. The newest Camera Raw will also be downloaded so that u can use Camera Raw to open D610's NEF files.

Hi, I think I found the way to do this. You can use this software to convert the Raw files to DNG files. Download the software here.

https://www.adobe.com/support/downlo...94&fileID=5707

this video is helpful as a guide on how to do it. when you select the file folder, you wouldn't be able to see the raw files in the folder where your raw files are stored. Just click on the folder anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D91BkQWWxug

I have tested it and it works fine. Hope this helps.

Read more: http://nikonites.com/d600-d610/35111...#ixzz3yvKG2RIy