Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 106

Thread: I am still fat.

  1. #81
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,392

    Default Re: I am still fat.

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Some times when I brought food, counter staff might gives me more than other. I also don't like to waste food, I finish all. Need to work double liao!
    Ask for 'half rice' instead, more veggies, less curry dishes. Soups are also a nice way to 'eat less'. It starts in your mind, not with the counter staff who fills your plate.
    EOS

  2. #82
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Ask for 'half rice' instead, more veggies, less curry dishes. Soups are also a nice way to 'eat less'. It starts in your mind, not with the counter staff who fills your plate.
    Less rice can't last me long for night shift which is 12 hours. I don't eat or drink often after midnight, till I go back then eat. Will be back for more bowling for time being. 10 games enough for me to cut some calories.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  3. #83
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,392

    Default Re: I am still fat.

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Less rice can't last me long for night shift which is 12 hours. I don't eat or drink often after midnight, till I go back then eat. Will be back for more bowling for time being. 10 games enough for me to cut some calories.
    Eat when you need it. Eating after night shift will trigger the body to convert it into fat because all the energy is not needed during sleep. Have a meal at work but apply the same rule as for normal working schedule: no heavy meal 5h or less before sleep.
    EOS

  4. #84
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default

    from Facebook, heh heh!

    Name:  FB_IMG_1456461590334.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  34.2 KB
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  5. #85

    Default Re: I am still fat.

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    from Facebook, heh heh!

    Name:  FB_IMG_1456461590334.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  34.2 KB
    Dun b too happy.. "" means half of the organs are gone liao

  6. #86
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default

    Around end of July, I went to Malaysia. Out of sudden, I cannot see well. Thought maybe due to tiredness and ignore it as gone after a well. I then having this symptoms for a week or so, and body feeling weak.

    Went to GP, he referred me to nuh eye center. Over there, the nurse notice that I looks pale. The doctor says that my eye sight shouldn't be up by 200+! They send me to have my blood sugar tested. It's 32 and super high! They send me to A&E and I stays 2 nights over there.

    My weight drops to 111kg when measure at the hospital as during my Malaysia trip, it's 118kg. After that, I went to UAE for 10 days and the weight drops another 5kg. Recently walk a lot for Pokémon Go, I am at 100kg now. Still need to walk more, and my blood sugar count this morning, is at 6.8 and I have stopped the medication before I went to UAE.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  7. #87
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,392

    Default Re: I am still fat.

    For 120kg weight you need to be around 2.30m tall to have a healthy BMI of 22, taking into account that for Asian people the green range is a bit lower.
    1) Do not stop medication unless the doctor told you so.
    2) Go for a thorough check up. There seems to be something fundamentally wrong with your body that these symptoms (body weight fluctuations, eye sight problems, blood sugar spikes) occur.
    Put some money on the table and go for a proper check. A private hospital might be a better choice than the GP next door.
    EOS

  8. #88
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    For 120kg weight you need to be around 2.30m tall to have a healthy BMI of 22, taking into account that for Asian people the green range is a bit lower.
    1) Do not stop medication unless the doctor told you so.
    2) Go for a thorough check up. There seems to be something fundamentally wrong with your body that these symptoms (body weight fluctuations, eye sight problems, blood sugar spikes) occur.
    Put some money on the table and go for a proper check. A private hospital might be a better choice than the GP next door.
    I stands at 1.85m. Ideal weight is around 80kg. If lost 3kg monthly, next yr June should be around there.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  9. #89
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,392

    Default Re: I am still fat.

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    I stands at 1.85m. Ideal weight is around 80kg. If lost 3kg monthly, next yr June should be around there.
    Likely too fast for a healthy and sustainable weight reduction.
    Where do you get this "ideal weight" from?
    EOS

  10. #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Likely too fast for a healthy and sustainable weight reduction.
    Where do you get this "ideal weight" from?
    BMI chart. Btw, I was 106kg around mid September. Roughly 3kg lost for each month.
    Last edited by BBTM; 29th November 2016 at 12:35 PM.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  11. #91

    Default Re: I am still fat.

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    BMI chart. Btw, I was 106kg around mid September. Roughly 3kg lost for each month.
    I'm not trying to make light of your problem...pardon the unintended pun.I see this as a blessing in disguise. I point to a radical solution with a story of a reporter who asked a zen buddhist master what is the secret or way to enlightenment. Of course being human he expected a long and serious answer and was stumped when the master simply replied, " No self, no problem."

    Please be patient as I suspect/trust you will know the answer in time. Peace.
    Last edited by one eye jack; 29th November 2016 at 03:02 PM.

  12. #92
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default

    Update of my blood sugar level. Avg is under 6 which is normal. Whenever I sees 4.x, I pump with sugar stuffs. Weight wise, didn't went down but up 5kg. Will workout more for next yr trip which about an month. Soft drink really a must to stay away else body sure suffer from it. Stays healthy and take more photos.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  13. #93
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,544

    Default Re: I am still fat.

    Maybe you are a victim of western diet habits. I'm curious if your ethnic origin is mainly Oceania in background. If so that would make some sense of your story.

    I just buried one of my better friends. This friend was 100% Native American Indian...quiet rare folks really but not so much where I live. Dead at 36 the past ten years he had went through many of the exact same things you describe happening with you. Turns out had mylema and by time of diagnosis he was well beyond getting better. It was a terrible thing to watch happen to a good man. I think it had everything to do with diet and exercise.

    Take care of yourself!
    Last edited by Nikonzen; 9th June 2017 at 08:55 AM.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

  14. #94
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: I am still fat.

    ....... you are just a victim of an affluent lifestyle ..............just need to lose a bit of weight ......When was your last in camp training?..
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  15. #95

    Default Re: I am still fat.

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Update of my blood sugar level. Avg is under 6 which is normal. Whenever I sees 4.x, I pump with sugar stuffs. Weight wise, didn't went down but up 5kg. Will workout more for next yr trip which about an month. Soft drink really a must to stay away else body sure suffer from it. Stays healthy and take more photos.
    Time to try what the women know...Green coffee and HCA aka Garcinia Cambogia extract (from Indian mangosteen).

    Note: People who are on medication for serious ailments such as heart disease or diabetes should also avoid green coffee capsules.Also read the pros and cons of HCA.

  16. #96

    Default Re: I am still fat.

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Update of my blood sugar level. Avg is under 6 which is normal. Whenever I sees 4.x, I pump with sugar stuffs. Weight wise, didn't went down but up 5kg. Will workout more for next yr trip which about an month. Soft drink really a must to stay away else body sure suffer from it. Stays healthy and take more photos.
    I sympathize with you. It's really not easy for someone who has had a certain habit to change.

  17. #97
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hmjt View Post

    I sympathize with you. It's really not easy for someone who has had a certain habit to change.
    No choice else goes blind n cannot see liao. Now my eye power decrease by 70 after blood sugar back to normal. Maybe 1 month trip next yr regain my fitness back.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  18. #98
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,544

    Default Re: I am still fat.

    Not maybe and not just because of trip...MUST do or die early. I pray for you. You can do it!
    Expand your mind or get left behind

  19. #99
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikonzen View Post
    Not maybe and not just because of trip...MUST do or die early. I pray for you. You can do it!
    I stop the bad habit of drinking sugar water that much already. But also will monitor the blood sugar level as ever drops to 4.*, lower than 4 might faint. Now is to eat less oily food but I mostly 3 to 4 veg to 1 meat meal.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  20. #100
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,392

    Default Re: I am still fat.

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    I stop the bad habit of drinking sugar water that much already. But also will monitor the blood sugar level as ever drops to 4.*, lower than 4 might faint. Now is to eat less oily food but I mostly 3 to 4 veg to 1 meat meal.
    1) Eat less overall.. just reduce your portions by 25%. Ask for smaller rice servings. You will get used to it
    2) Skip meat on 5 days per week, or replace with fish.
    3) No sugar in tea, coffee. Plain water is perfectly fine.
    4) Exercises. Get a fitness watch (2nd hand about $50 or less), set the limits and start.
    5) Go for regular full medical checkup with complete blood work (once a year). Ask two doctors about their opinion when you get the results.
    Without knowing your exact medical conditions it can become risky to experiment. As you already know: low blood sugar is no fun. But there might be other factors that can cause problems along the way.
    EOS

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •