Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 106

Thread: I am still fat.

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default I am still fat.

    I still having the same size even I posted a thread on reducing weight. I know why my weight still like that. I eat everything which I ordered till the last bits of it. Where my friends either pass me their potion in the beginning or didn't finish all the food. I don't like to waste, I don't mind been called fat as I know I still healthly as I did have a lot of vegetable in my meal.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  2. #2

    Default Re: I am still fat.

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    I still having the same size even I posted a thread on reducing weight. I know why my weight still like that. I eat everything which I ordered till the last bits of it. Where my friends either pass me their potion in the beginning or didn't finish all the food. I don't like to waste, I don't mind been called fat as I know I still healthly as I did have a lot of vegetable in my meal.
    If you write about it means you are bothered.I watch a food show on tv and it feature foods that are good for slimming.The show featured 3 types:

    1- Slimming fruit from India can't remember the name (do a search).Don't think you can find in
    little india.

    2- White snow tea from China. Plant found high up in the mountains of Yunan.

    3- Banana from philipines.The short variety or the small ones from Malaysia.Cheapest.

    Take care of your health if you don't want to suffer the consequences.

  3. #3

    Default Re: I am still fat.

    Happy can Liao .. Just eat what you like and exercise

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default Re: I am still fat.

    Apart from what I wrote, I also lack of exercise but I still willing to walk long distance only. Then I work shift, got to work night and so, metabolism also becomes bad
    Will try to slim down a bit but not much. If really back to my 70-80kg on my 185cm height, impossible liao, haha!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Apart from what I wrote, I also lack of exercise but I still willing to walk long distance only. Then I work shift, got to work night and so, metabolism also becomes bad
    Will try to slim down a bit but not much. If really back to my 70-80kg on my 185cm height, impossible liao, haha!
    Then u know your exact problem - lack of exercise.

    Since u know yr problem, do something abt it.

    Typing here ain't gonna to make u slim

  6. #6

    Default Re: I am still fat.

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    I still having the same size even I posted a thread on reducing weight. I know why my weight still like that. I eat everything which I ordered till the last bits of it. Where my friends either pass me their potion in the beginning or didn't finish all the food. I don't like to waste, I don't mind been called fat as I know I still healthly as I did have a lot of vegetable in my meal.
    go cycling. it is a proven sport to slim down..
    Objection !!!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    go cycling. it is a proven sport to slim down..
    Used to but stopped. I still walk for some distance. Like for 2 bus stops distance, I walk. If not will grow more! Maybe need to sleep more, adjust back the metabolism first.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  8. #8
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: I am still fat.

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    I still having the same size even I posted a thread on reducing weight. I know why my weight still like that. I eat everything which I ordered till the last bits of it. Where my friends either pass me their potion in the beginning or didn't finish all the food. I don't like to waste, I don't mind been called fat as I know I still healthly as I did have a lot of vegetable in my meal.
    if you are happy as what you are now, than I don't see any issue with that.

    and if you are concern of your health, than do something about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Apart from what I wrote, I also lack of exercise but I still willing to walk long distance only. Then I work shift, got to work night and so, metabolism also becomes bad
    Will try to slim down a bit but not much. If really back to my 70-80kg on my 185cm height, impossible liao, haha!
    the will power is more important than any workout programme than you can find, it is the driving force of everything in our life.
    without will power, what is left with us only excuses.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default Re: I am still fat.

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    if you are happy as what you are now, than I don't see any issue with that.

    and if you are concern of your health, than do something about it.



    the will power is more important than any workout programme than you can find, it is the driving force of everything in our life.
    without will power, what is left with us only excuses.
    It's not that I don't want to do but once wake up, feeling like going back to sleep again. Will work on my sleeping time asap, cause sleeps at 1+, wake up 6 for work. Then if night shift, almost 12 then awake to do things. I having some bad habits, haha!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  10. #10
    Senior Member richiemccaw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,101

    Default Re: I am still fat.

    I feel the night shift is one of the main reasons of your inability to maintain or lose weight. One of the key drivers to keeping weight in check is getting good quality sleep, i.e. sleep at by 11pm thereabouts and getting 7 hours of sleep. Obviously there are the exercise and food intake portion factors too.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default Re: I am still fat.

    Quote Originally Posted by richiemccaw1 View Post
    I feel the night shift is one of the main reasons of your inability to maintain or lose weight. One of the key drivers to keeping weight in check is getting good quality sleep, i.e. sleep at by 11pm thereabouts and getting 7 hours of sleep. Obviously there are the exercise and food intake portion factors too.
    Work for almost 18 yrs on same job as it's quite easy for me to do. Work place near my house also, save some $ on transportation. Since it's near my place, when I got the mood, I will walk back from there, about 7km. Maybe due to army training, few years back, I ever walked 14km with my colleague but she give up before reaching the destination while I still ok to carry on to the MRT station, have a nice meal before heading home.

    The one thing which don't makes me sleep well is the curtain in the room could not block out sunlight that much and so, I could be waking up easily. Diet wise, I still consider alright on it, just that some time over eat but rare. Even with my current size, I couldn't eat much, just finish off whatever I order and no more, even it's free. If I need to cut down my weight, it's regular exercise and food control, both also hard for me. Not sure when I will do it but I might, maybe need some one to "push" me for it
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post

    Work for almost 18 yrs on same job as it's quite easy for me to do. Work place near my house also, save some $ on transportation. Since it's near my place, when I got the mood, I will walk back from there, about 7km. Maybe due to army training, few years back, I ever walked 14km with my colleague but she give up before reaching the destination while I still ok to carry on to the MRT station, have a nice meal before heading home.

    The one thing which don't makes me sleep well is the curtain in the room could not block out sunlight that much and so, I could be waking up easily. Diet wise, I still consider alright on it, just that some time over eat but rare. Even with my current size, I couldn't eat much, just finish off whatever I order and no more, even it's free. If I need to cut down my weight, it's regular exercise and food control, both also hard for me. Not sure when I will do it but I might, maybe need some one to "push" me for it
    It's all in the mind, I tell u

    Whether u wan to do it or not.

    As for diet, maybe u eat while u r on night shift, which is bad for health.

    So u need to adjust the kind of food. Less carbo, more vege and fruits. Less oil. For breakfast, just take fruits and yogurt, oats, etc.

    I suspect u r taking in alot of bad food.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,544

    Default Re: I am still fat.

    If you drink pop stop that now...drink sports drinks hydration. Start taking in proteins (meat milk egg and angelfood cake) and walk all the time do some pushups situps chinups on regular basis. In no time at all you'll be looking good and feeling better. Enough rest is essential...lots of photo time too...
    Last edited by Nikonzen; 1st February 2016 at 10:09 AM.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

  14. #14

    Default Re: I am still fat.

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    go cycling. it is a proven sport to slim down..
    I enjoyed cycling so much that I lost weight without trying to lose weight (10kg+), it just a consequence of cycling.
    However, now I am always hungry, and always eating. I eat whatever I want, as much as I want.
    Another downside is that inlaws might think my wife is starving me, but in fact, I do eat a lot.
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

  15. #15

    Default Re: I am still fat.

    u are lazy to workout and you are fat. so what do u want us to say?
    Objection !!!

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default Re: I am still fat.

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    u are lazy to workout and you are fat. so what do u want us to say?
    I did minor workout only, therefore no grow more. Maybe due to over eating last time.
    Now time to go and take photos, also consider some workout.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  17. #17

    Default Re: I am still fat.

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    I did minor workout only, therefore no grow more. Maybe due to over eating last time.
    Now time to go and take photos, also consider some workout.
    What TS need is a reality check. While it's alright to say be happy
    and live the way you want is like the proverbial ostrich burying it's head in the sand.
    The fact is TS is overweight or at least not in the ideal body mass index to indicate
    a healthy state free from potential life threatening problems.A time bomb in the making.
    Yes we all will die someday but TS does not live in a vacuum,he did not come from under
    a rock.He has family or a family of his own.To live for oneself may be selfish but TS
    actions or lifestyle have an impact on his family whether he realise it or not.

    Let's play out the worst senario, TS has high blood pressure and diabetes. One or
    both legs are amputated because of diabetic conditions ( typical) and have to be on
    dialysis machine 2 times a week.He can no longer work so income stream is zero.
    His family takes over or worst his wife who is a housewife and now need to work to support
    family.Stresses build up everyone is affected even his children.Apart from TS' physical
    pain and stress he may even go into depression it's a downhill viscious cycle.All are
    impacted even society too ( the yearly charity donation drive on tv).That's why goverment's
    stress on all of the people to look after themselves.

    We certainly do not wish this on ourselves much less on others but this is life.
    Even people who so call plan out the life they want to live at times it does not
    work out as we think it should. LL lor. Whatever happens we should face it bravely
    because we are the captains of our own ship.If we don't who will? Destiny is in
    our own hands.I know this first hand as one of my organs has failed to function.
    Luckily they work in pairs but I do not know when the other will conk out or if it
    will last till I kick the bucket..haha.

    What practical advice can I offer TS? As it is TS is a ticking timebomb.People who
    do insurance know that ( I don't sell insurance and I don't have any).
    When things happens (usually unexpected) we have to face the music as they say.Rather
    than be unprepared since TS already knows his game is up why not do something to change
    the inevitable right now? Is it difficult? Well consider this if one is facing death's door
    what will you do? You try with all your might..it may be too late like me.

    There is a way to live..in peace and equanimity.If things come to pass let it be.
    Don't make any judgements for as you judge so will others judge of you.They say
    love yourself as that will make you discover your true reality and from that true
    peace and happiness.Life is transient as the buddha said "Your thoughts create your
    reality." Be mindful of your thoughts, do not be negative like the glass half full
    or half empty. It's your perspective of how you want to see life.Love and honor your
    parents as they give you life.Stop and smell the roses..life have much to offer.
    Be positive and give your fellow man the benefit of the doubt.Whatever good or blessings
    that you think you have recieved give thanks and offer gratitude for what your life have
    brought you to this stage in life.Learn and teach/guide others..pass it on.
    Last edited by one eye jack; 1st February 2016 at 01:14 PM.

  18. #18
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: I am still fat.

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    I did minor workout only, therefore no grow more. Maybe due to over eating last time.
    Now time to go and take photos, also consider some workout.

    don't worry, when the day you able to understand the "healthy body is everything to you", you will find the drive to do more work out by than.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: I am still fat.

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    u are lazy to workout and you are fat. so what do u want us to say?

    .....can try this .;....... you are so chubby and cute ...............
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  20. #20

    Default Re: I am still fat.

    Don't feel sad.
    A simple theory to loose weight is

    less Input and more Output

    1. Reduce portion of food intake and definitely no supper. Try to brush teeth early like 8pm.
    2. Eat Healthy breakfast like oat meal.
    3. Do regular exercise or any form of ball game to make your sweat
    4. Sleep early
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •