Dubbed the "Masterpiece" craftsmanship camera, Pen F combines the best of image quality with classic design (taking some design off the classic 1963 Pen F), and promises a fast, snappy experience. Digital Pen F rather takes a rangefinder style design with EVF on left rear side of the camera
It's so clean that you can't find a single screw on the body even at the bottom, and possibly a nightmare for the repair guys.
Pen F is designed to be a new premium range, rather than replacing the Pen Series E-P5, targeting at documentary, reportage and travel photographers.
Let's take a quick look at the key highlights and some new functions which I will mainly be focusing on in the review.
1. Classic design styling with masterpiece"craftsmanship and finish quality
2. New 20 megapixel Live MOS sensor
3. 5-axis VCM Image Stabilisation (in-built) with up to 5 EV*1 stability
4. New Creative Dial allows quick access to:
a) Monochrome Profile – simulate B&W films
b) Colour Profile - simulates characteristics of classic colour films
c) Art Filter
d) Colour Creator
5. New High-res Shot captures 50MP JPEG or 80MP RAW shots
6. Shortest shutter release lag*2 in the compact system camera class of 44ms
7. 2.36M dot OLED electronic viewfinder with aspherical optics for ultra-low viewing distortion (100% view; 0.62xmagnification)
8. Swivel 3.0 inch Touchscreen LCD with 1037k dots
9. Full-HD movie with 5-axis IS stability(24, 25, 30 or 60 fps frame rates)
10. Silent Mode for stealth shooting
11. Built-in Wi-Fi when coupled with OI.Share app for smart devices (iOS & Android) enables camera remote control; image and video transfer for social sharing