Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 119

Thread: what has happen to clubsnap

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,719

    Default what has happen to clubsnap

    i have been away from clubsnap a few years. log in once a few years.

    there is much less activities in kopitiam.
    less questions, less sharing.

    Much less posting of pictures in the different sections.

    the forum layout now only show very current post.
    need to specially choose to display old threads to see more threads.

    What happen? Where has everyone gone?

  2. #2
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: what has happen to clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by zekai View Post
    i have been away from clubsnap a few years. log in once a few years.

    there is much less activities in kopitiam.
    less questions, less sharing.

    Much less posting of pictures in the different sections.

    the forum layout now only show very current post.
    need to specially choose to display old threads to see more threads.

    What happen? Where has everyone gone?
    in the smartphone and mobile device era, most people go hangout at facebook, instagram nowadays.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  3. #3
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: what has happen to clubsnap

    it is Not a ClubSNAP issue.

    every old school type of photography forums facing the same thing.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  4. #4
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: what has happen to clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by zekai View Post
    i have been away from clubsnap a few years. log in once a few years.

    there is much less activities in kopitiam.
    less questions, less sharing.

    Much less posting of pictures in the different sections.

    the forum layout now only show very current post.
    need to specially choose to display old threads to see more threads.

    What happen? Where has everyone gone?
    I am still here waiting for you to post after so many years and water under the bridge.

    These days the Forumers have become more meditative and introspective. But you still can find them if you know where to look.

    Last edited by Sion; 25th January 2016 at 03:14 PM.

  5. #5

    Default Re: what has happen to clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by zekai View Post

    What happen? Where has everyone gone?

    video kills radio
    Facebook kills forum
    Objection !!!

  6. #6

    Default Re: what has happen to clubsnap

    yeah I haven't posted anything here for damn long, just FB groups and IG liao.

  7. #7

    Default Re: what has happen to clubsnap

    only sion posts in clubsnap. This forum should rename to Sionsnap
    Objection !!!

  8. #8
    Member SurrealDreamWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Outer Limits
    Posts
    1,565

    Default Re: what has happen to clubsnap

    Uncle Sion is da BEST

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I am still here waiting for you to post after so many years and water under the bridge.

    These days the Forumers have become more meditative and introspective. But you still can find them if you know where to look.

    "There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trials and errors."

  9. #9
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: what has happen to clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    only sion posts in clubsnap. This forum should rename to Sionsnap
    That's because I don't have an iPhone and still use an old computer.


  10. #10

    Default Re: what has happen to clubsnap

    I miss the clubsnap chatroom. Full of PROs!
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

  11. #11
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: what has happen to clubsnap

    The PROs miss you too.


  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    1,776

    Default Re: what has happen to clubsnap

    3 obvious and frequent observations

    When a newcomer to clubsnap start a new thread: The old birds will say "This issue has already been discussed to death, did you use the search function of the forum?"

    When a person post a question: The old birds will say "Do you expect us to spoonfeed you? Google and you will easily get the answer!"

    When a newcomer post a picture for critique: The old birds will say "Dude, did you read the guidelines, you can only post 1 picture. Dude, your picture sux, hand chop half, head chop half, might as well junk the picture away."

    Will the person/newcomer feel welcomed? Or will the person/newcomer leave for good?
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

  13. #13

    Default Re: what has happen to clubsnap

    Yeap. Not muxh photography discussion going on compare to other forums. One thing clubsnap isexceptionally good is the bns.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,797
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: what has happen to clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunworkz View Post
    Yeap. Not muxh photography discussion going on compare to other forums. One thing clubsnap isexceptionally good is the bns.

    .....Yes, it is sexceptional .........
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  15. #15
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Re: what has happen to clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by zekai View Post
    i have been away from clubsnap a few years. log in once a few years.

    there is much less activities in kopitiam.
    less questions, less sharing.

    Much less posting of pictures in the different sections.

    the forum layout now only show very current post.
    need to specially choose to display old threads to see more threads.

    What happen? Where has everyone gone?
    Now that's a familiar name.

    Were you expecting something?
    What were you expecting?
    Why do you have expectations?
    Would you have started this thread is you didn't have any expectations?
    Would you be happier without expectations?

    I joined CS 14 years ago. Back then, ICQ was cool. Then MSN took over. How many of you still chat in front of the computer screen? This is the internet, it's impermanence. If something as basic as the way we communicate can change with time, how would you expect CS to standstill? CS doesn't run the way I like it to be or the way i remembered it to be. To be quite honest, it's beyond anyone's control really. Just look at the critique section. It's pathetic but can anyone step up to resuscitate it? Even if that someone do bring it back to life, can it be sustained? How? I'd move on and find something which suits me better.

    You asked "What happen? Where has everyone gone?"
    I ask "Where have you been?"

    If you want to relive the good old days, I'd suggest you try private messaging those you know. They might still lurk around.

  16. #16

    Default Re: what has happen to clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2 View Post
    3 obvious and frequent observations

    When a newcomer to clubsnap start a new thread: The old birds will say "This issue has already been discussed to death, did you use the search function of the forum?"

    When a person post a question: The old birds will say "Do you expect us to spoonfeed you? Google and you will easily get the answer!"

    When a newcomer post a picture for critique: The old birds will say "Dude, did you read the guidelines, you can only post 1 picture. Dude, your picture sux, hand chop half, head chop half, might as well junk the picture away."

    Will the person/newcomer feel welcomed? Or will the person/newcomer leave for good?
    Also to add, members who post a lot of controversy, quarrels, kick up a lot of actions, etc, are banned, because either they are too hard to handle or people dont like what they are saying but now looking back, the sai stirrers brings in the traffic lol.

    Other points are ease of mobile phone technology, shoot and post to social media, edit on phone apps, less people playing with heavy dslr, which means less value in traditional methods of photography knowledge, which means less value in visiting clubsnap. Llittle breakthroughs in products but major increases in pricings continues to drive people away from DSLR. Slowing economy didnt help.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

  17. #17

    Default Re: what has happen to clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by sjackal View Post
    Also to add, members who post a lot of controversy, quarrels, kick up a lot of actions, etc, are banned, because either they are too hard to handle or people dont like what they are saying but now looking back, the sai stirrers brings in the traffic lol.

    Other points are ease of mobile phone technology, shoot and post to social media, edit on phone apps, less people playing with heavy dslr, which means less value in traditional methods of photography knowledge, which means less value in visiting clubsnap. Llittle breakthroughs in products but major increases in pricings continues to drive people away from DSLR. Slowing economy didnt help.
    Good observations.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  18. #18
    Moderator nitewalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,628
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I think rashkae and the tolerance of some mods of him contributed a part to the demise.
    Last edited by nitewalk; 30th January 2016 at 02:25 PM.

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    553

    Default Re: what has happen to clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by nitewalk View Post
    I think rashkae and the tolerance of some mods of him contributed a part to the demise.
    hmm... care to explain more?

  20. #20
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: what has happen to clubsnap

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkersNg View Post
    hmm... care to explain more?
    He has broken many hearts here. However those left because of him had found new loves.

    I guess Love is all aroud us:

    Last edited by Sion; 30th January 2016 at 04:45 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •