Thread: Paypal question

Default Paypal question

hi....just need some advice here. hope someone can help me. if happen that i need to do some kind of $$ transcation between UK and here and is going to be thru paypal......how will i go about after creating a paypal account?
    meaning locally here how should I get it link up with my bank? or the ways to get $$ after the transcation and transfer $$ to UK?.....sorry i'm very new in this form of transcation, just wish to know more infor regarding this before get started. thanks.

Default Re: paypal

Paypal will require you to 'authenticate' your credit card by returning a code listed in the merchant's details when they make a mininal charge to your card (they will return this amount to you as credit to your next payment transaction). This will obviously take a while if you're not an online banking subscriber and can't view your electronic statement.

You will need the bank code and branch code for the adding of bank also.

Thanks......so....which bank supports paypal locally......besides paypal, what other alternatives I have to do transcations with UK? many many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jesser
    Thanks......so....which bank supports paypal locally......besides paypal, what other alternatives I have to do transcations with UK? many many thanks.

if your other partner has PayPal then go ahead and use it. however you need to have a merchant account in order that the sending party can charge to their credit card (vs drawing from a linked bank account). pretty much all the banks in Singapore can be linked to PayPal (yes, since years ago when they started) and all the bank and branch codes are available on their website somewhere.

on the other hand if you are dealing with good sized sums, or if the other party do not have PayPal, then go the traditional TT way loh.

Or you can try Bidpay... transfers are done by Western Union via a money order. If you are the seller, the admin fees are borne by the buyer.

Default Re: Paypal question

thanks everyone here for the precious informations.