Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any fans/players of the ultima series of games?

Default any fans/players of the ultima series of games?

hey!

just wondering...

i loved the whole ultima 7 thing. and also the underworld ones. and am giddy at the prospect of arx fatalis.

Default Re: any fans/players of the ultima series of games?

Originally posted by Que Lynn
    hey!

just wondering...

i loved the whole ultima 7 thing. and also the underworld ones. and am giddy at the prospect of arx fatalis.
    I love especially Ultima 6. I remember spending 3.5 months to complete the game, without resorting to Cluebooks!

i love ultima 5... the BEST! ;-)

Played Ultima I to VII. Feel that U6-The False Prophet was the best of all due to its open ended gameplay.

Didn't like VII-IX due to the msg choice interface and extremely linear gameplay.

Played Ultima Online as well.

cool!!

i haven't played ultima vi yet... i guess now that i have an ultima collection cd, i should really try it out (and read adam's thread on how to run classic games on xp...). ultima vii is my favorite, i guess simply because it's the first one i started with. ultima viii lacked the soul of u7, and u9 was just a disappointment. i can't wait till all those fan-created ultima remakes and rewrites start getting released.

i think i played and replayed u7-pt1 fully about four times already, and u7-pt2 two times. talk about desperate. if i play u6, wouldn't i have to play u4 and u5 first (since they are part of that trilogy)??

I play Ultima Online

Originally posted by Jason Ho
    I play Ultima Online
    wow, how good is it? wasn't lord british killed on UO once? big story, that one. gosh.

anyway, to the UO players: what sort of broadband are you on? adsl? cable? comp specs?

thinking of trying it out i guess

I started off with Ultima 4, then was hooked and went on to 5 & 6. Didn't manage to finish 7 though. Overall, i think i love ultima 4 the best of them all.
    Whilst Ultima 6 awed me with its graphics at that time.

wah
    din know there are so many ultima fans here too! hehe

I started with ultima 4....played thru 9...8 sucked big time....9...din get to complete it cuz my PC could not tahan the graphics requirement at that time.

I think in terms of story and interface the ultima series was definately up there as one of the best....really had good memories with that game

name
    job
    bye

lol
    |EOS, Fuji X and Leica M Systems | Need more good pictures to justify gear | www.ef2pt8.com |

Originally posted by BraveHart
    name
    job
    bye

"Away with thee!"
    "Brittania for a fan!"

u9 sucked big time for me... and it was disorienting because in u7 and u8, you have the avatar talking in old english style, and then comes u9 where he speaks american english.

"Stop! Thief!"
    "Keep your day job."
    "Who opened the windows?"
    "Ghost!"
    Haha loved the npc schedules, and splashing water at animals... have you tried diapers? they are better than glass swords in that they repel ANYTHING...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Originally posted by denizenx
    Haha loved the npc schedules, and splashing water at animals... have you tried diapers? they are better than glass swords in that they repel ANYTHING...

yah, i loved trying them on my partymates as well... i think there were plenty at that lake in... was it cove?

Originally posted by Que Lynn
    if i play u6, wouldn't i have to play u4 and u5 first (since they are part of that trilogy)??
    Nah...you won't have to. Each of the Ultimas are pretty much self-contained. No prior knowledge of prequels are needed.

Search -> "Thou dost find worms!"

Arh? I din know u could use diapers in U7!

hmmm....miss that ger in cove though...when I was bored always go there give her a kiss lol

There was this old trick in u6 u could use where u take a valuable item (say magic plate)....u animate it..den u start cloning...den kill all of em..hey presto! instant duplication of items ahahaha
    |EOS, Fuji X and Leica M Systems | Need more good pictures to justify gear | www.ef2pt8.com |

Ultime 6 was my favourite! Excellent gameplay, plus decent graphics. 7,8 and 9 weren't that great.

JaDe
    Guests

Used 2 play Ultima online for awhile...counted ?
    hahaha...switched to D2 then Darkages then WC3 now playing elancia...i'm on Cable
    =)

Originally posted by BraveHart
    Arh? I din know u could use diapers in U7!

hmmm....miss that ger in cove though...when I was bored always go there give her a kiss lol

There was this old trick in u6 u could use where u take a valuable item (say magic plate)....u animate it..den u start cloning...den kill all of em..hey presto! instant duplication of items ahahaha
    hehe well I cut my teeth on U7... if you hacked strength to 255 you could carry a cannon on urself and ball n keg.. the ball n keg wd never expire and u have a VERY POWERFUL weapon... of cos it's a mundane weapon cannot kill ghosts...

U7 was really immersive.. I would spend hours just walking around watching the things move... watch them wake up, open windows, light lights, go to the inn for meals, talk to each other, attend the Fellowship, have clandestine affairs (LOL), and people talk with feelings n personality ("I *am* a guard. Are you deaf?").

You could paint (dab the palette drub the canvas, although all same pictures...); make potions; sleep on beds ("It's a bit early for that, Avatar"; sit on chairs; have chatty party members; npcs smart enough to use doors; day/night schedules; street lamps u can light ("who left these on?"); weird encounters (the nudist couple, the [must hack] software pirate playing U8, wow)

gushing gushing gushing... u8 was so functional although it was as pretty, their first attempt at using 3d painted sprites... u9 was long awaited although I must say Morrowind is the u9 that u9 isn't...

never tried uo, since I like to wander without being jumped on by pkers...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

sigh with all those systems requirments, i could just never keep up with the game...

always had to go over to a friends' place to play (rather watch him play it)

can never get enuff of the game.. just keep coming back for more (plot real interesting)

one of my fav parts was that there was actually space age technology in ancient times...

darn just the computer upgrades are enuff to kill me..

Heh heh The space age thingy was actually a Kilrathi from Wing Commander and his space ship in a field.

Origin produced both Wing Commander and Ultima 7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast