Thread: Piercing Storm

Default Piercing Storm

Hi all. 1st time posting in this thread. Hope to hear some comment.
    (NB: pic is resized & auto-contrasted in PS)
    ~ 迷失的我仍在努力寻找属于自己的蓝天 ~

Default Re: Piercing Storm

Quote Originally Posted by limkopi

Hi all. 1st time posting in this thread. Hope to hear some comment.
    (NB: pic is resized & auto-contrasted in PS)
    what is the bar code doing in the upper right hand corner?
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

the pic is a tad oversharpened...

the barcode is part of his signature i think...

If the bar code is part of the signature, it is very distracting.

The imagae appeared to be highly PSed, which actually suits me fine, except, why not make the storm above a bit more dramatic? Add a bit of separation between the storm cloud above and the skyline? The 2 buildings in the back ground apperared to be merged, too cluttered. Not sure what to do? PS one of them out of the pic?
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

If the idea is to have the esplande pierce the storm clouds, I would've gone lower, and shoot upwards so that you get more of the storm and parts of the esplanade's "thorns". Forget about the pots and grass patch at the bottom.

Just my 2cts.

I don't think the foreground is necessary for the shot, it's distracting. Storm clouds should be more dramatic too. Learn to adjust contrast manually instead of letting the computer decide.

Thx for all the comments...

Ya, the barcode is part of my signature on all my pix... Guess I'll make it smaller or reposition it elsewhere to minimalise distraction...

The pic wasn't sharpened, guess the auto-contrast made the pointed parts look over-sharpened... Not sure how to do a separation (as mentioned by deadpoet)... maybe some expert here can give a few pointers on tt? Agree on the cluttered bldg at the back, but it was actually a quick snap shot b4 leaving the place so din really have time to think abt the composition...

I've included the foregrd green cos I thot the colours wld be a contrast against the grey skies & buildings. Guess it din wk out then...
    ~ 迷失的我仍在努力寻找属于自己的蓝天 ~

Wat didnt work out? Tats your picture.
    The dark dark sky, the far far away blue glass building between the two spiky "durian", the small porch of green turf, etc etc. Tats wat your picture tells me. This picture is wat it is. Cant help it if your viewer cant Imagine more than tat. Wat you can do is go back to that same spot and take another shot but it will tell you a different story now. You'll never be able to take a same shot with the same feeling as the original picture. original means only once... ...

seems kinda tight ah, maybe a wider angle lens would have worked.