Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Monitor/LCD: Recommend

  1. #1

    Default Monitor/LCD: Recommend

    Hi all, I've a budget of about $1.5k to be use for purchasing a new monitor (CRT or LCD).
    The monitor will be used for design work and preferably I would prefer a 19 inch and above monitor.

    Any good recommendation?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Monitor/LCD: Recommend

    Quote Originally Posted by scanner
    Hi all, I've a budget of about $1.5k to be use for purchasing a new monitor (CRT or LCD).
    The monitor will be used for design work and preferably I would prefer a 19 inch and above monitor.

    Any good recommendation?

    Thanks in advance.
    Apple Cinema Display 30"

    Ooops.. blew your budget.

    20" ACD - $1488.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    home
    Posts
    620

    Default Re: Monitor/LCD: Recommend

    dell 20" or 24", $1152 and $1623 currently

  4. #4
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Monitor/LCD: Recommend

    I would prefer wide screens for now, the 20" ACD would able to help me position my windows side by side. If 30" I can position 6 windows across the screen.

    It helps in my workflow for photos, don't know about scanner.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Monitor/LCD: Recommend

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    I would prefer wide screens for now, the 20" ACD would able to help me position my windows side by side. If 30" I can position 6 windows across the screen.

    It helps in my workflow for photos, don't know about scanner.
    The most important thing is its should faithfully reproduce the color, contrast, etc on the screen.

    BTW, is there any requirements on the graphic card so as to capitalize on the monitor display?

    What do you guys think of Dell 2005 FPW as compared to 20" ACD?

  6. #6
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Monitor/LCD: Recommend

    Quote Originally Posted by scanner
    The most important thing is its should faithfully reproduce the color, contrast, etc on the screen.

    BTW, is there any requirements on the graphic card so as to capitalize on the monitor display?

    What do you guys think of Dell 2005 FPW as compared to 20" ACD?
    Yup, Matrox graphic cards are good for pictures, but I hardly see any around anymore, nowadays I just use a cheapo GeForce 4 MX card.

    I've seen the ACDs, they're very good in colours & contrast, details inclusive, go try the screens at the display houses, can see the blacks etc, quite good, Just that it's expensive.

    I don't have the Dell 2005 FPW and never seen it before, so cannot comment, think a few people using it.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    home
    Posts
    620

    Default Re: Monitor/LCD: Recommend

    Comparison of both ACD 20" and Dell 2005FPW : http://www.anandtech.com/displays/showdoc.aspx?i=2400

  8. #8

    Default Re: Monitor/LCD: Recommend

    Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    Comparison of both ACD 20" and Dell 2005FPW : http://www.anandtech.com/displays/showdoc.aspx?i=2400
    Thanks, I've already read it.
    I'm still open for more inputs and best to get feedback from users using it.

  9. #9
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Monitor/LCD: Recommend

    Quote Originally Posted by scanner
    Thanks, I've already read it.
    I'm still open for more inputs and best to get feedback from users using it.
    PRO, you might want to check the screens out, and see what they can deliver before you decide.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Monitor/LCD: Recommend

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    PRO, you might want to check the screens out, and see what they can deliver before you decide.

    Thanks PRO, will check it out.
    BTW, I'm just a newbie...

    Anymore inputs? Do keep coming!

    BTW, what is the price range for ACD and 2005FPW?
    Last edited by scanner; 26th October 2005 at 01:48 PM.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Monitor/LCD: Recommend

    If you want to use it solely for photoshop, get 2 cheaper screens instead. It will make your life alot easier.

  12. #12
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Monitor/LCD: Recommend

    Quote Originally Posted by Poon
    If you want to use it solely for photoshop, get 2 cheaper screens instead. It will make your life alot easier.
    Not that only, he's very concerned about the accuracy of the colours too I'm sure.

    I know I am

  13. #13

    Default Re: Monitor/LCD: Recommend

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Not that only, he's very concerned about the accuracy of the colours too I'm sure.

    I know I am
    Color off? Its A NO...NO.....
    Displayed Image quality is very important to me.

    So any more inputs?
    Any review from these 2 groups of user?

  14. #14

    Default Re: Monitor/LCD: Recommend

    A 17" inch lCD which costs $480 will be enough for me.

  15. #15
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Monitor/LCD: Recommend

    As mentioned, colour reproduction, bit depth(24, 16.7Mil), is very important to him. I don't think a 17" at $480 will fulfill scanner de PRO'z need that easily.

  16. #16
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Monitor/LCD: Recommend

    a 20" Apple ACD first

    http://store.apple.com/1800-MY-APPLE...y&mco=66F2EF27

    and then buy another smaller not so good (2nd Hand) 15" LCD for the toolbox, super setup for Photoshop work

  17. #17

    Default Re: Monitor/LCD: Recommend

    I will recommend a 19 inch SHARP LCD.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Monitor/LCD: Recommend

    Get a Eizo CRT ... u will never regret it.

  19. #19
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Monitor/LCD: Recommend

    Erm , he already bought his 24" LCD.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Monitor/LCD: Recommend

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Erm , he already bought his 24" LCD.
    Thanks guys, I've already bought the Dell 24" LCD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •