Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 132

Thread: Nikon D500

  1. #61

    Default Re: Nikon D500

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    A little too late in my case. I was waiting for the D400 back then but came to the decision that it will never come about back in 2012 and jump on the D4. This D500 is impressive with the new features but having moved on to the FX, I see little reason to consider it. The added bells and whistles taken away, the improve IQ due to a new processor..etc, a camera like even a D7000 is able to do the job. For 90% of shooting situations that don't need the fastest action AF speed, tracking very complicated subject ..etc The Nikon Df is more then up to the task for a few years to come if you buy one now.

    At even this point in time, I think the D810/D4s are still good enough cameras for pros.

    But as someone also mentioned here, the D500 will be popular with wildlife shooters looking to save on lens price versus focal length issue.
    As a Canon user who used to own the 7D2, I can see that the image quality from a FF and crop sensor are non-comparable, so actually a crop sensor cannot be used to replaced focal length directly IMO.
    I would say that serious hobbyists/photographers should look at the D5.
    Serious hobbyists/photographers usually are more particular and are willing to pay more for those "extras" but ofcourse for many the slight difference in IQ and features is nothing compared to the price difference between D500 and D5

  2. #62

    Default Re: Nikon D500

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbonetics View Post
    haha...these are stickers leh..furthermore cannot see the image up close to check the focus accuracy.
    By looking at the wings there are sharp la. Just that eye contact is lacking. Seriously it is easy to shoot continuously against the cloudless blue background, just open all the 153 focus points everyone should be able to get it. But against varied background, it is different story.

  3. #63

    Default Re: Nikon D500

    Quote Originally Posted by Ted888 View Post
    By looking at the wings there are sharp la. Just that eye contact is lacking. Seriously it is easy to shoot continuously against the cloudless blue background, just open all the 153 focus points everyone should be able to get it. But against varied background, it is different story.
    the size of the bird is consider small so any place is in focus will make the whole bird look "sharp",even at F2.8, but to check precisely which part of the bird's body was in focus then have to zoom in to see.
    this shot is obviously a "stickers" shot as we can see the tree branches are "still".
    so for stickers shots,it may not be taken at one time but maybe a few times if she knows the Eagle will always go back to the same perch and just wait for it to fly and shoot again

  4. #64

    Default Re: Nikon D500

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbonetics View Post
    the size of the bird is consider small so any place is in focus will make the whole bird look "sharp",even at F2.8, but to check precisely which part of the bird's body was in focus then have to zoom in to see.
    this shot is obviously a "stickers" shot as we can see the tree branches are "still".
    so for stickers shots,it may not be taken at one time but maybe a few times if she knows the Eagle will always go back to the same perch and just wait for it to fly and shoot again
    wah lao action sequence must sharp everywhere also
    This is her public page can take a look on one of the serpents. I believe first image with still tree is static to complete the action sequence. (I did that last night with my SBKF sequence as well

    http://wildlife.cslingphotography.co...flight-csling/

  5. #65
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Nikon D500

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbonetics View Post
    As a Canon user who used to own the 7D2, I can see that the image quality from a FF and crop sensor are non-comparable, so actually a crop sensor cannot be used to replaced focal length directly IMO.
    I would say that serious hobbyists/photographers should look at the D5.
    Serious hobbyists/photographers usually are more particular and are willing to pay more for those "extras" but ofcourse for many the slight difference in IQ and features is nothing compared to the price difference between D500 and D5
    Better with both! when need more, mount the D500!

  6. #66

    Default

    The release of the D500 got me thinking about DX again. I never had a problem with DX, having been waiting for the fabled D400 since giving up my D300s... Held onto a D7000 while waiting, then switched to a D750 since the price was right. FX is certainly amazing, but the allure of D500 is great too... I'd probably stay put though. I'm quite comfortable with the D750, and I suspect it's good enough for the next few years.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

  7. #67
    Senior Member Dfive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore lah....
    Posts
    3,085

    Default Re: Nikon D500

    SGD $2395 is my Guess....
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

  8. #68

    Default Re: Nikon D500

    One feature that interests me is FLICKER reduction for video. Whenever I take action high shutter speed shots in hawker centers, the lighting flickering will affect my video. D500 cliams it will adjust it to match previous frames..

    We shall see.

  9. #69

    Default Re: Nikon D500

    damn... was suppose to get a D750 in feb, and now this is out...
    but still they are both marked at the same price on the US site and for D500 16-80mm f2.8 kit, it was marketed at 3069.95usd...
    D750 with 24-120 kit $2.8k +/- in singapore...

    hard choice...

  10. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fastfrag View Post
    damn... was suppose to get a D750 in feb, and now this is out... but still they are both marked at the same price on the US site and for D500 16-80mm f2.8 kit, it was marketed at 3069.95usd... D750 with 24-120 kit $2.8k +/- in singapore... hard choice...
    Different sensor cam, one is DX and one is FF.

  11. #71

    Default Re: Nikon D500

    Quote Originally Posted by NikF601 View Post
    Different sensor cam, one is DX and one is FF.
    yeah... had already set my mind to get FF... now this devil is making me think twice lol

  12. #72
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,525

    Default Re: Nikon D500

    One is pro and one is semi pro...

    Pro one is bad to the bone...bah bah bah badddd...
    Expand your mind or get left behind

  13. #73

    Default Re: Nikon D500

    Quote Originally Posted by fastfrag View Post
    yeah... had already set my mind to get FF... now this devil is making me think twice lol
    As mentioned DX and FX.
    Maybe u still do not know what u really want?

  14. #74
    Senior Member richiemccaw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbonetics View Post

    As mentioned DX and FX.
    Maybe u still do not know what u really want?
    Thats what happens when one won the CNY toto last year. Donno what to buy!

  15. #75

    Default Re: Nikon D500

    Any news when this and the d5 will come to sg?

  16. #76

  17. #77
    Senior Member Dfive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore lah....
    Posts
    3,085

    Default Re: Nikon D500

    Quote Originally Posted by peterchia41 View Post
    Any news when this and the d5 will come to sg?
    Will come when you place order.... IF you wanna be in the first to own / first to find bugs group.

    Expect MARCH.
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

  18. #78

    Default Re: Nikon D500

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbonetics View Post
    As mentioned DX and FX.
    Maybe u still do not know what u really want?
    maybe... but im pretty incline on moving to FX

  19. #79

    Default Re: Nikon D500

    Quote Originally Posted by richiemccaw1 View Post
    Thats what happens when one won the CNY toto last year. Donno what to buy!
    LOL i will buy both D5 and D500 if that happens

  20. #80

    Default Re: Nikon D500

    Quote Originally Posted by Dfive View Post
    Will come when you place order.... IF you wanna be in the first to own / first to find bugs group.

    Expect MARCH.
    the showroom and svc centre is literally beside me... like a 1 min walk... no issue for me hahaha

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •