Thread: Luang Prabang to Hanoi Suggestions Needed!!!

Talking Luang Prabang to Hanoi Suggestions Needed!!!

Hi!! Any suggestions for the abovementioned route? Still deciding which route to take..

1) Luang Prabang - Nong Khiaw - Xam Neua - Mai Chau - Hoa Binh - Hanoi

or

2) Luang Prabang - Phonsavanh - Nam Nuan - Xam Neua - Mai Chau - Hoa Binh - Hanoi

or

3) Luang Prabang - Nong Khiaw - Nam Nuan - Phonsavanh - Xam Neua - Mai Chau - Hoa Binh - Hanoi

Heard that Plaine de Jarres is not worth going. Not sure if I'll give it a miss.. Anyone who has been there can give me recommendations??

Thanks in advance
    When I do right, no one remembers. When I do wrong, no one ever forgets.

Phildate
    Guests

Default Re: Luang Prabang to Hanoi Suggestions Needed!!!

I considered doing this but land travel in Laos is a nightmare, particularly on local buses. The locals don't travel well and half the bus will be travel sick if my previous experience is anything to go by.

I would pay the extra and fly from Luang Prabang to Hanoi (via Vientiane) and then spend the time you've saved in Sa Pa instead - much nicer!

Default Re: Luang Prabang to Hanoi Suggestions Needed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phildate
    I considered doing this but land travel in Laos is a nightmare, particularly on local buses. The locals don't travel well and half the bus will be travel sick if my previous experience is anything to go by.

I would pay the extra and fly from Luang Prabang to Hanoi (via Vientiane) and then spend the time you've saved in Sa Pa instead - much nicer!
    Thanks, I'm aware of that.. But I'll be travelling to upnorth from Vientiane to Luang Prabang and I'm not keen on travelling downsouth back to Vientiane in order to get to Hanoi.. Guess I'd have to bear with the smell then..

Any advice on Plaine de Jarres? Is it overated?
    Last edited by GDSNP; 26th October 2005 at 02:22 PM.
    When I do right, no one remembers. When I do wrong, no one ever forgets.