OTC

Default Re: The Pentax K and M42 lens club

Quote Originally Posted by maverickh View Post
    A requests from a friend for a picture of a beauty from FA 85 f/ 1.4

DSC08233 by maverick_h, on Flickr
    Nicole , with water wheel as background. FA 85 f/1.4

IMGP8398 by maverick_h, on Flickr
    fa 85 will be my lens if i am into portraits....nice shots.

otc

Quote Originally Posted by otc View Post
    fa 85 will be my lens if i am into portraits....nice shots.

otc
    marcus, you can join franz for some xmm photoshoots

Quote Originally Posted by oceanpriest View Post
    marcus, you can join franz for some xmm photoshoots

i want to exchange my macro lens for portraits lens..

otc

i want to exchange my macro lens for portraits lens.. otc
    Lol Lai Lai my fa85 for ur A200. So you can shoot pretty XMM
    K3(Silver)

Quote Originally Posted by doyle View Post
    Hahahahahahaha!!! Awesome trade.. :P
    Pentax Kr, Pentax Super A
    K105/2.8, Fa*24/2, A28/2, A35/2, A50/1.4, A*85/1.4, A100/2.8, A135/2.8

i want to exchange my macro lens for portraits lens..

otc
    u still have your rokkor 58mm f1.2 rite?

Quote Originally Posted by oceanpriest View Post

u still have your rokkor 58mm f1.2 rite?
    Marcus also hv this lens? Wahhh.....

Quote Originally Posted by jaiyen View Post
    Marcus also hv this lens? Wahhh.....
    YES LA.

Forgotten about this lens..somewhere in the cabinet one bulky one

IMAM, tat one not converted yet to k mount.

otc

Quote Originally Posted by doyle View Post

Now i have 58 f1.2 for xmmm...

otc

YES LA.

Forgotten about this lens..somewhere in the cabinet one bulky one

IMAM, tat one not converted yet to k mount.

otc
    Minolta md/mc lens can convert? I got a minolta mc 85mm f1.7 can? Let me know if anyone can do....thx

Minolta md/mc lens can convert? I got a minolta mc 85mm f1.7 can? Let me know if anyone can do....thx
    can be done to k mount.. but must have the mount from old lens or buy from ebay. i also want to convert to k this rokkor f1.2

otc

can be done to k mount.. but must have the mount from old lens or bought from ebay. i also want to convert to k this rokkor f1.2

otc
    I guess i hv old lens pk mount....

I guess i hv old lens pk mount....
    try pm fatique a filipino. there was another guy here who can do it but i lost the contact aldy.

otc

Don't waste your time converting to PK as you won't have infinity focus.( Lens film/sensor plane is shorter than PK).You may have seen online conversion of 58mm f1.2 to canon eos but need machine shop lathe to cut.In this case it's because minolta film plane is longer than canon by only 0.5mm. ( need to shorten distance by cutting).Your best bet is using M4/3 adapter ( minolta md to m43) and buy a used olympus with in body stabalisation like Nikonzen.Since m43 lens registration distance is shorter almost all old manual film camera lens can be used on M43 save for the 2X focal length doubling. 85mm = 170mm.

Quote Originally Posted by one eye jack View Post

Don't waste your time converting to PK as you won't have infinity focus.( Lens film/sensor plane is shorter than PK).You may have seen online conversion of 58mm f1.2 to canon eos but need machine shop lathe to cut.In this case it's because minolta film plane is longer than canon by only 0.5mm. ( need to shorten distance by cutting).Your best bet is using M4/3 adapter ( minolta md to m43) and buy a used olympus with in body stabalisation like Nikonzen.Since m43 lens registration distance is shorter almost all old manual film camera lens can be used on M43 save for the 2X focal length doubling. 85mm = 170mm.
    Thx for the info...

Quote Originally Posted by one eye jack View Post
    Edit: Technically "all" lenses can be converted relative to target camera.Unless one is willing to butcher the lens ( if short register distance,subject to barrel design) by cutting lens barrel or if lens mount is thick (rare).Also aperture ring obstruction.

Longer distance need extention barrel.Unless you are experienced metal worker with lathe and milling machine you are not likely to do a good job.Some people use super glue to attach lensmount.Centering and alignment (90 degrees/squareness) issues are created.That's why M43 format or mirrorless formats
    are suitable.Sony full frame like A7 (without mirror box much like rangefinder camera).All you need is the adapter and can start using straight away but manual focusing only.Another tip if you have Tamron adaptall2 lenses,don't need to buy specific mount adapters just buy tamron adaptall2/m43 adapter and you can use all adaptall2 zoom lenses (not sure about primes) iregardless of which camera mount it came with as this is the common reference distance all adaptall2 mounts are measured from.Simply remove the camera mount by pressing the lever and twist then attach this "intermediate adapter".

For PK mount the only brand that has longer registration plane is Nikon but not anything nikon is good..haha.There are adapters for it (without lens, as it is longer but I may be wrong).

The others will be medium format lenses like Mamiya,645/RB67, Pentax 645,67 and Hasselblad which have adapters by Fotodiox ( not cheap,probably made in china?)As you are only using center area of the lens image quality should be good.It is also a good candidate for modifying to PC capability (perspective control if you are skillful since it has larger image circle, forget that I said this).
    Last edited by one eye jack; 5th March 2016 at 11:46 AM.

Now that Pentax flagship is here nothing else really matters much anymore. Now I can have a pair of full frame systems for manual focus lens shooting that match my glass. K1 & Df. Both smaller cameras btw. I used to circle Nikons and Pentax in the Sears Christmas catalogs when I was a kid. I have a great affinity and fondness for that era in cameras. Perfectly timed for the middle aged crazy/crisis photographer!
    Last edited by Nikonzen; 5th March 2016 at 12:26 PM.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

Marcus,

Here is another picture taken with FA 85 f/1.4, to spur you up for the week ahead.. Give you energy booster .

This time the subject is the ever popular and versatile Miss Rabbit .

Rabbit FA 85 f/1.4 by maverick_h, on Flickr

Marcus,

Here is another picture taken with FA 85 f/1.4, to spur you up for the week ahead.. Give you energy booster .

This time the subject is the ever popular and versatile Miss Rabbit .

Rabbit FA 85 f/1.4 by maverick_h, on Flickr
    It really shows what Pentax lenses can really do. Some ppl still say Pentax lenses lousy
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 36789101318 ... LastLast