Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 505

Thread: The Pentax K and M42 lens club

  1. #21

    Default Re: The Pentax K and M42 lens club

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Add to the K135/2.5 pool here.

    Generally fast, not very expensive, reasonably sized for the isolation they can give for portraits.

    Coupled with the still reasonable size of this lens, I find that its perhaps the best compromise between portability/encumbrance as well as having a full body portrait focal length and mid reach lens for landscapes (on FF).
    comparing the prices of k135 f2.5 against the A*135, i really think that k135 is really a value for money lens..sharpness is good on this lens and i am sure it will shine on ff..however, this remain the only lens which i had bought and sold twice..the first time i bought it..i regretted and bought it again..however having already the DA*50-135 and with no ff in sight then, i decide to sell it again the 2nd time..with the potential launch of ff, i think this lens will likely to see a comeback in demand..hopefully Pentax/Ricoh will update this lens with auto focus


    IMGP7666 by Unforgiven28, on Flickr


    28 by Unforgiven28, on Flickr

    7 by Unforgiven28, on Flickr

    26 by Unforgiven28, on Flickr

    23 by Unforgiven28, on Flickr

  2. #22

    Default Re: The Pentax K and M42 lens club

    i think any discussion about pentax ff ready lenses cant do without the FA77..the compactness and the IQ of this lens is truly unique to Pentax..the size of this lens mean that it almost always in my camera bag..this is one real Pentax lens that shines both on ff and on crop...together with the other 2 princesses, 31 and 43, i will say that the trio will be the perfect kit for most people on ff


    IMGP0788 by Unforgiven28, on Flickr

    IMGP0787 by Unforgiven28, on Flickr

    IMGP1160 by Unforgiven28, on Flickr

    IMGP7216 by Unforgiven28, on Flickr

    IMGP1510 by Unforgiven28, on Flickr

  3. #23

    Default Re: The Pentax K and M42 lens club

    FA*24 is small and I really like the contrast. There are people who mentioned that it is soft at the corner, but since I'm using it as a portrait lense, it does not have a great impact. Even though I think it is a bit overpriced, I still think it is really under rated by most.




  4. #24

    Default Re: The Pentax K and M42 lens club

    FA*85 is another small lense. While I do not use it as often as the FA*24, it is still portable enough for me to carry it around for portraiture shoots. Color and contrast wise, it does pale in comparison to the FA*24. However given the sharpness and the dreamy bokeh, it still provides a lot of fun factor.








  5. #25

    Default Re: The Pentax K and M42 lens club

    Quote Originally Posted by Yamakasi View Post
    comparing the prices of k135 f2.5 against the A*135, i really think that k135 is really a value for money lens..sharpness is good on this lens and i am sure it will shine on ff..however, this remain the only lens which i had bought and sold twice..the first time i bought it..i regretted and bought it again..however having already the DA*50-135 and with no ff in sight then, i decide to sell it again the 2nd time..with the potential launch of ff, i think this lens will likely to see a comeback in demand..hopefully Pentax/Ricoh will update this lens with auto focus
    samples

    I actually think its right off the bat better than many old 135mm of the same vintage.
    Better contrast, better colors (richer) and sharper off center (both at f2.5)
    Very all rounded 135mm option.

    Less funky bokeh in more situations than some of the fast 135mm options I've tried in fact.

  6. #26

    Default Re: The Pentax K and M42 lens club

    Quote Originally Posted by moronfans View Post
    FA*85 is another small lense. While I do not use it as often as the FA*24, it is still portable enough for me to carry it around for portraiture shoots. Color and contrast wise, it does pale in comparison to the FA*24. However given the sharpness and the dreamy bokeh, it still provides a lot of fun factor.

    I need to find more time to do some more model portraits.

    More with the legendary FA*85/1.4.
    Its certainly one of the lenses that I am keenly waiting to get full functionality back on the Pentax FF.

    FA*85 (on FF)
    Graziella #1 - Provia100F by jenkwang, on Flickr

    Mayara #4 - Fall by jenkwang, on Flickr

    Rabbit -Lady in Summer #1 by jenkwang, on Flickr

  7. #27

    Default Re: The Pentax K and M42 lens club

    All hv great lens and great skill...great enjoyment in this forum...powerrrr

    My little contribution....A50 f1.2 my only piece left now...

    Year of Wild horses...

  8. #28

    Default Re: The Pentax K and M42 lens club

    Quote Originally Posted by Yamakasi View Post
    i think any discussion about pentax ff ready lenses cant do without the FA77..the compactness and the IQ of this lens is truly unique to Pentax..the size of this lens mean that it almost always in my camera bag..this is one real Pentax lens that shines both on ff and on crop...together with the other 2 princesses, 31 and 43, i will say that the trio will be the perfect kit for most people on ff
    I agree wholeheartedly. There is some magic in the 77...
    Name:  7375395044_9574ed1674_c.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  168.8 KB

  9. #29

    Default Re: The Pentax K and M42 lens club

    Can you even comment about Pentax lenses without using the word "compact"? Quite hard right?

    I love shooting both film and digital on trips. Film is used alot less these days though and lacks the space priority in my camera bag. I therefore want something compact (there's that word!) and light. You can't go wrong with an A 24-50 F4 lens with it's compactness (there's that word again!), decent IQ and versatility going from landscape to portrait. Did i mention it's compact?


    Film: Kodak Ektar 100
    Camera: Pentax Super Program
    Lens: Pentax A24-50mm 1:4

  10. #30

    Default Re: The Pentax K and M42 lens club

    Quote Originally Posted by moronfans View Post
    FA*85 is another small lense. While I do not use it as often as the FA*24, it is still portable enough for me to carry it around for portraiture shoots. Color and contrast wise, it does pale in comparison to the FA*24. However given the sharpness and the dreamy bokeh, it still provides a lot of fun factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    I need to find more time to do some more model portraits.

    More with the legendary FA*85/1.4.
    Its certainly one of the lenses that I am keenly waiting to get full functionality back on the Pentax FF.

    FA*85 (on FF)
    Erm.. FA*85 consider a small lens??? Compare to FA77, ermm.. it look big. lol. maybe it's metal hood. LOL
    One of my favourite lens, but sad to say mine has lost its AF function. I had so so so many shots with it....

    On K5 - for a friend wedding


    At esplanade outdoor stage.


    At one of Pentax event - organised by the distributor..


    Wide open on K5iis



  11. #31

    Default Re: The Pentax K and M42 lens club

    FA*85 on FF
    It's really shines well..
    During last year motorshow, time for us to go for this year eh..






    One close up:

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    107

    Default Re: The Pentax K and M42 lens club

    M42 Industar Helios 44-2
    Got it cheap off ebay, not the sharpest but has a wonderful spiral bokeh
    Looks real dreamy when used wide open, deadly sharp when stopped down

    Wide Open

    Stopped Down

  13. #33
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: The Pentax K and M42 lens club

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzper View Post
    M42 Industar Helios 44-2
    Got it cheap off ebay, not the sharpest but has a wonderful spiral bokeh
    Looks real dreamy when used wide open, deadly sharp when stopped down

    Wide Open

    Stopped Down
    Nice!
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  14. #34

    Default Re: The Pentax K and M42 lens club

    Quote Originally Posted by GSiGuy View Post
    Can you even comment about Pentax lenses without using the word "compact"? Quite hard right?

    I love shooting both film and digital on trips. Film is used alot less these days though and lacks the space priority in my camera bag. I therefore want something compact (there's that word!) and light. You can't go wrong with an A 24-50 F4 lens with it's compactness (there's that word again!), decent IQ and versatility going from landscape to portrait. Did i mention it's compact?

    Indeed.
    Right sized, well balanced performance best describes Pentax lens philosophy for me, not some ego boosting big/heavy/paper spec chart topper.




    Quote Originally Posted by ranchy View Post
    Erm.. FA*85 consider a small lens??? Compare to FA77, ermm.. it look big. lol. maybe it's metal hood. LOL
    One of my favourite lens, but sad to say mine has lost its AF function. I had so so so many shots with it....
    Er.... Moronfans say one.
    I like to use mine with a smaller hood which does make it a bit smaller and easier to manage.
    Fantastic lens nonetheless.

  15. #35

    Default Re: The Pentax K and M42 lens club

    Plus one vote to FA77ltd.

    A magical lens.
    The combination of the sharpness, contrast, colors and drawing style just makes an image pop more often imo.


    DSC0120120140113ILCE-7 by jenkwang, on Flickr



    20131017-IMGP5111-77 mmPENTAX K-30 by jenkwang, on Flickr



    DSC0222220140803ILCE-7 by jenkwang, on Flickr

  16. #36
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,525

    Default Re: The Pentax K and M42 lens club

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Indeed.
    Right sized, well balanced performance best describes Pentax lens philosophy for me, not some ego boosting big/heavy/paper spec chart topper.
    Primarily because of small group of you bros I have decided to hold my M42 and K stuff but also for these reasons you state. I snagged the Pentax 110 stuff because of you bros and I ordered micro 43 adapters for all three mounts a couple days ago. Next is a cheap Oly body and in a few weeks I'll be ready to come play with you all.

    I am officially now going to be packing a Pentax manual focus system in addition to Nikon system. If all goes as planned I will have Df soon and then I will only need one more body...the Pentax FF hammer.
    Last edited by Nikonzen; 9th January 2016 at 08:42 AM.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

  17. #37

    Default Re: The Pentax K and M42 lens club

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikonzen View Post
    Primarily because of small group of you bros I have decided to hold my M42 and K stuff but also for these reasons you state. I snagged the Pentax 110 stuff because of you bros and I ordered micro 43 adapters for all three mounts a couple days ago. Next is a cheap Oly body and in a few weeks I'll be ready to come play with you all.

    I am officially now going to be packing a Pentax manual focus system in addition to Nikon system. If all goes as planned I will have Df soon and then I will only need one more body...the Pentax FF hammer.

    We always welcome more ppl to join the fun/club.

  18. #38

    Default Re: The Pentax K and M42 lens club

    Quote Originally Posted by ranchy View Post
    FA*85 on FF
    It's really shines well..
    During last year motorshow, time for us to go for this year eh..




    From your results, if we decide to go again this year, I will surely bring this lens.

  19. #39

    Default Re: The Pentax K and M42 lens club

    Something for a slow Sat afternoon.



    For the record by jenkwang, on Flickr

    A50/2, keeping it simple.
    Small to the point of almost a pancake.
    I feel that its a very handy lens for travels with its small size and good sharpness stopped down for detail work.
    Do watch out for the hexagonal OOF highlights though.

  20. #40
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: The Pentax K and M42 lens club

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    From your results, if we decide to go again this year, I will surely bring this lens.
    It's from the 14th to the 17th of Jan 2016 @ Suntec
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •