Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really Right Stuff Equipment

Default Really Right Stuff Equipment

anyone here uses RRS camera plates? i've seen from many reviews that their L plates are the best there is, allowing for quick change to portrait shooting using the Arca-Swiss QR system. Anyone uses their plates?

Also, i'm quite interested in their ballhead the BH-55. First of all because it is cheaper than Arca-Swiss and about the same price range of KangrinPoche ballhead. Anyone has experience with this before? Also, a reason which really made me consider this ballhead, is that the owner of Luminous-Landscape uses this instead of his old Arca B1 which he has retired.

Default Re: Really Right Stuff Equipment

I use a quite a number ofl RRS plates and they are very good. Then again there's no real difference in practical terms with Kirk plates which I also use quite a few of.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

i use few items from them including the camera plate as well, in term of design i like them compare with others, one thing i hate is the shipping price is fix USD $35.
    ubans.com

so you guys order the plates online? i'm thinking of getting their L plates because Wimberley does not make L plates, and i shoot in portrait frequently.

xl1: shipping price is USD 35 even if u order many plates? or is that the shipping for 1 plate?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    I use a quite a number ofl RRS plates and they are very good. Then again there's no real difference in practical terms with Kirk plates which I also use quite a few of.
    Which would you say is better overall, RRS or Kirk. I was looking at getting a couple of Kirk's "customized" L-plates, and also Lens collars, and also their ball-head. Thanks.

Deregistered

Anybody knows what's a good RRS/Kirk plate that can support camera body and/or 70-200 type of glasses? Currently using a P-5 but not good enough for big glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Anybody knows what's a good RRS/Kirk plate that can support camera body and/or 70-200 type of glasses? Currently using a P-5 but not good enough for big glasses.
    I thought P-5 is for body only? 70-200 f2.8 have to use the P-20...
    eat. drink. shoot

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    I know, that's why I'm looking for a generic plate that can support both.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    I know, that's why I'm looking for a generic plate that can support both.
    If you buy one for each (body + lens) then no problem. Personally I like the "customised" part of the RRS/Kirk plates, so I try to have 1 plate for each body + each lens that has a foot.

Eh, but difficult when you have to bring with you a hex screw to move the P-5 between the body and lens during a shoot right?
    Leicanaut & Nikonaut @ http://nangka.org/events

Quote Originally Posted by maritimus831
    so you guys order the plates online? i'm thinking of getting their L plates because Wimberley does not make L plates, and i shoot in portrait frequently.

xl1: shipping price is USD 35 even if u order many plates? or is that the shipping for 1 plate?
    USD35 is a general (more-or-less amount) shipping charge. you might be able to get away with that price for a small ballhead and a few plates. But if you start ordering more than normal, of course the price will go up a little lah. They'll let you know before charging the card.

Do I smell a MO here?
    Leicanaut & Nikonaut @ http://nangka.org/events

anyone here uses RRS camera plates? i've seen from many reviews that their L plates are the best there is, allowing for quick change to portrait shooting using the Arca-Swiss QR system. Anyone uses their plates?

Also, i'm quite interested in their ballhead the BH-55. First of all because it is cheaper than Arca-Swiss and about the same price range of KangrinPoche ballhead. Anyone has experience with this before? Also, a reason which really made me consider this ballhead, is that the owner of Luminous-Landscape uses this instead of his old Arca B1 which he has retired.

Hey, rrs is 2x kangrinpoche!! Just got mine Kang... 2A with 4A and 6939 plates plus 5A plates for long lens and it cost less than RMB2700++, about USD330. BH55 is already 1.5x this!

Quote Originally Posted by swhyge
    Hey, rrs is 2x kangrinpoche!! Just got mine Kang... 2A with 4A and 6939 plates plus 5A plates for long lens and it cost less than RMB2700++, about USD330. BH55 is already 1.5x this!
    where u buy from? is it MO? what are the specifications of Kangrinpoche NB-2A?

RSS's L-Plate is the best if you shoot in portrait alot, which I do, and I do swear by it. Expansive, but it's precision made. Will it make my picture better, an absolute no, but I like it. Btw, it adds structural integrity to my Canon 20D with verticle grip. The whole camera feels sturdier with the L-plate.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by kennethw
    Which would you say is better overall, RRS or Kirk. I was looking at getting a couple of Kirk's "customized" L-plates, and also Lens collars, and also their ball-head. Thanks.
    I have no real preference between the two. Both brands are study, well designed and beautifully built and finished, they both last and last. I can't comment on the ballheads but those folks I know personally who've got Kirk heads swear by them as being an excellent head.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

where u buy from? is it MO? what are the specifications of Kangrinpoche NB-2A?

I bought at their agent at Shanghai yesterday, shop is opp. the railway station. NB-2A is upto 35kg, I think.

(I did offer to get few sets for members here in another thread, only moc** contacted me.)

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    P-30 better bet eventhough P-20 is recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by brian
    USD35 is a general (more-or-less amount) shipping charge. you might be able to get away with that price for a small ballhead and a few plates. But if you start ordering more than normal, of course the price will go up a little lah. They'll let you know before charging the card.

Do I smell a MO here?
    if anyone is organising a RRS MO I'm interested... been thinking of getting a L-plate for my cam.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry
    if anyone is organising a RRS MO I'm interested... been thinking of getting a L-plate for my cam.

I am also thinking of getting the L plate thru VPost. Want to join me?

hey i need 350D L-plate! anyone ordering?

i also need FB-A, last order i was using Vpost to ship to singaopre, only 1 normal camera plate, the shipping only SGD$13, not bad.
    ubans.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast