Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to say Sorry in Hokkien?

Default Re: How to say Sorry in Hokkien?

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    ehhh ... let me see ... attach a white board to the rear of the car so that the brake lights can shine on it? drive a very short distance and brake, as you brake see if got sudden bright red reflection off the white board
    err brake lights will on regardless you are moving or stationary when u depress...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

simple lar, just need to find a wall, park infront with backside face the wall, you step the brake, engage reverse gear.. all can check.

if you don't like to use a wall, next time you go petrol station, just use your back side face the glass door and check lor.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    err brake lights will on regardless you are moving or stationary when u depress...
    soh desu ... i not driver mah

Was wondering just now, due to my limited hokkien vocabulary, i dunno how to say sorry in Hokkien, maybe if i learnt it, the guy would'nt be so pissed that i use english 'sorry' to reply him...
    "Sorli" is Hokkien. Even my grand mother knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    "Sorli" is Hokkien. Even my grand mother knows it.
    hmm den maybe he is waiting for tips...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Was wondering just now, due to my limited hokkien vocabulary, i dunno how to say sorry in Hokkien, maybe if i learnt it, the guy would'nt be so pissed that i use english 'sorry' to reply him...
    Just say "Solly hoh"

SOR LY AH.

I said pai seh, den sorry, den the person still frown & look so angry at me... and worse off... i din even know what i did wrong... so i thought might be he wanted to hear me say sorry in hokkien...

then you say Kua Simi?

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Tell me how you check your brake lights is working? without any help.

simple, suddenly brake very hard then if the guy behind hit you, mostly your brake light not working. in any case it is still his fault, and you will get new working brakelights.

Quote Originally Posted by JediForce4ever
    on the headlights then run to the back and check...coz when headlights are on....brake lights will turn on too...

orh that one means your brake cable jam liao, permanent braking.

Lightbulb Re: How to say Sorry in Hokkien?

it depends. it can be 'pai seh, uncle, wha qui ni ki tigers'. (crude translation in hokkien, sorry uncle, i open two bottles of tigers)

solly lah!

hmm, i said, pai seh, solli, den the guy frown at me...

anyway, the guy was riding a motorbike, den i dunno when did i ever cross his path, anyway, he was behind me, all the way, saw him trying to overtake my left or right, but kena stuck between the cars, finally at the traffic light, he came to my right, den dunno what he said, i show him a dunno sign, den he ask me to wind down window, so i wind down, den he said in hokkien, your car no stop sign? (ler eh chia bo stop sign eh ar)... den i was thinking wtf he saying... den was composing a way to reply in hokkien, and since i dunno wtf is wrong, and it doesn't hurt to say sorry to anything, so i told him, Pai Seh, Sorry ar... den the person still frown & gimme the tulan look, den dun move off, traffic turn green, so i moved, and he was like a slow tortise at the back... oh well... sometimes dunno y ppl think like i can understand hokkien...

it boils down to correct hokkien pronunciation, my friend....
    It's wrong to say 'sol-li'. The correct way is 'sor-lee'

he sure understand wan....

Quote Originally Posted by peppercrab1
    it boils down to correct hokkien pronunciation, my friend....
    It's wrong to say 'sol-li'. The correct way is 'sor-lee'

he sure understand wan....
    hmm i guess you are right too.. sor leee... heng i never say sore neee.... sure kena hantam 1...

aiyo..we all photographers mah.. set camera to timer mode on tripod behind car.... hit shutter button, run to car and press brake.. then can see liao...

Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes
    aiyo..we all photographers mah.. set camera to timer mode on tripod behind car.... hit shutter button, run to car and press brake.. then can see liao...
    better still, set flash to slave, den when press brake, auto flash liao...

in this dialect, neber need to apologize one.. right or wrong, we say 'knn'. when wrong, we 'knn' something else (blame anything but oneself). when right, we 'knn' the opponent.
    (just kidding.. inject some humour here) kekekeke...

li nang ka wah diam diam..
    sibei char! *lolZ*

hmm, i said, pai seh, solli, den the guy frown at me...

anyway, the guy was riding a motorbike, den i dunno when did i ever cross his path, anyway, he was behind me, all the way, saw him trying to overtake my left or right, but kena stuck between the cars, finally at the traffic light, he came to my right, den dunno what he said, i show him a dunno sign, den he ask me to wind down window, so i wind down, den he said in hokkien, your car no stop sign? (ler eh chia bo stop sign eh ar)... den i was thinking wtf he saying... den was composing a way to reply in hokkien, and since i dunno wtf is wrong, and it doesn't hurt to say sorry to anything, so i told him, Pai Seh, Sorry ar... den the person still frown & gimme the tulan look, den dun move off, traffic turn green, so i moved, and he was like a slow tortise at the back... oh well... sometimes dunno y ppl think like i can understand hokkien...
    of course the brake light is important, that's why it is a must on every car. If the light is not working, and the rider knock on your car, it is not really his fault coz most driver and riders are to be alerted with the brake light.

The scenario is likely the brake light isn't working well, and the riders almost hit your car as you stop, go and stop.. then when he talked to you, you keep the window up and give him a dunno sigh, it shows like u refuse to communicate with him, how you can hear him speaking with window up? and when he acknowledge you to wind down the window, and talked to you in hokkien, you just said sorry without trying to understand what is wrong..
    How you feel when you talked to..let's say a maid, who don't really understand your english, but keep saying sorry sir, i know sir.

The rider may don't speak english, but he is kind enough to let you know what is wrong, without really curse or insult with gestures ha.. it is so normal he frown and tulan.

Don't be a reckless driver, most ppl think that it is the brake light when you describe the scenario... the important thing is.. have you checked your brake light?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12