Thread: Color Profile not applied after restore from Standby/Hibernation

Default Color Profile not applied after restore from Standby/Hibernation

When Windows is restored from standby or hibernation state, color profile does not apply to the system. A restart is required instead. Is there any patch or solution to such problem?

Deregistered

Default Re: Color Profile not applied after restore from Standby/Hibernation

I posted this before as I encountered it on my acer laptop, nobody answered me Good luck.

Try...
    Right click on desktop - Settings tab - Advanced - Color Management Tab

If the color profile is wrong, use Add - to get your right profile and then Set as Default. By right, you laptop should be loading the correct profile even after it wakes up from standby.

Deregistered

Nope that doesn't work.

The color profile is saved by the software and many a times I verified on my Acer laptop the profile loaded as default is correct, but the colours are way off when it recovers from sleep and/or hibernate.

By right is what I agree too, but by left, it's not

Set as Default doesn't work unless a restart is issued. Any third party software to solve such problem?

Wow... that's a bummer...

yah im using Acer 1692wlmi. i have to restart also. threre was once i proceeded to PS my pics after hibernation. i didnt realise it. in the end...re do abt 100 pics.

Help anyone? ANybody got any third party software to recommend to apply color profile on the fly?

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by tunster
    Help anyone? ANybody got any third party software to recommend to apply color profile on the fly?
    As mentioned over ICQ... get a Mac

Anyway back to topic, I'm really interested to know if there's a solution for this.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    As mentioned over ICQ... get a Mac

Anyway back to topic, I'm really interested to know if there's a solution for this.
    Mac user stand aside lah, I'm asking for Windows solution...

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by tunster
    Mac user stand aside lah, I'm asking for Windows solution...
    Current solution told you liao lor, reboot, like I always did last time.

No problems on my IBM...I always use Hibernate/ Standby mode and the colour profile doesn't change
    eat. drink. shoot

Deregistered

No, what tunster meant was the color profile remains in the color management tab, but what happens after recovering from standby is that the colours revert back to without the color profile.

The color profile is still there, but the colors aren't what was profiled.

I have the exact same problem with Fujitsu Siemens laptop (Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller).

I calibrated the monitor and got a very good result. When I restart the computer and use it normally, everything works ok, but after hibernation and resume, the color management tab still displays the profile as applied and default, but actual colours displayed on screen are not affected by the profile.

I downloaded the new Windows XP Control Panel Color Applet. When I remove and readd the same profile, then I see the correct output again. So I have to do about 10-15 mouse clicks after every hibernation to force the profile to affect the output. This must be a bug in Win XP or Intel Graphics Controller software. I suspect the later, because when I open up Intel graphics controller properties and go to Color tab, it immediatelly seems to take away the effect of color profile .

Regards,
    Erko

Deregistered

I gave up trying to solve the issue, and if I need to see the correct colours, I do a reboot, else I just leave it be