Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using mirrorless for street photography.

Default Re: Using mirrorless for street photography.

Quote Originally Posted by keithwee View Post
    Batt life wise 1xx shots seems to be very low even for a battery vampire like the A7R.

I don really feel the need to switch off the camera whenever not in use though , most if not all cameras have 'sleep' modes u can enable to conserve power.

The A7rII to me is too 'big' and 'loud' a camera to use for street, and more suitable for shots where u need a lot of details (such as landscapes)

I'll may consider a GR / GR II or X100T or even some of the smaller MFT models instead.
    I thought of using the GR just that I have already boughf thd sony mighf as well make use of it...

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Chung View Post
    I thought of using the GR just that I have already boughf thd sony mighf as well make use of it...

That's true but given the issues all have a hardware component to it, your best bet is to hope that Sony gives you a firmware update that might improve the speed of operation and battery life.
    In the mean time, you can probably play around with the settings to enable better battery life and practice/shoot more such that you become more confident and have to chimp less.

Failing all that, just cut your losses and sell quickly before it looses more value. Do some research, test the models you shortlist to avoid future potential costly mistakes.
    If all Sony A7 series use the same batteries, buying more batteries is a good quick fix so you can keep the extras for future A7 series purchases. I find with mirrorless you always need an extra battery or three.

Quote Originally Posted by swifty View Post
    That's true but given the issues all have a hardware component to it, your best bet is to hope that Sony gives you a firmware update that might improve the speed of operation and battery life.
    In the mean time, you can probably play around with the settings to enable better battery life and practice/shoot more such that you become more confident and have to chimp less.

Failing all that, just cut your losses and sell quickly before it looses more value. Do some research, test the models you shortlist to avoid future potential costly mistakes.
    If all Sony A7 series use the same batteries, buying more batteries is a good quick fix so you can keep the extras for future A7 series purchases. I find with mirrorless you always need an extra battery or three.
    Lets see how long I can tahan the shuttle lag..

Quote Originally Posted by foreverlate View Post
    just buy more batteries the battery life only last me 110-140 shot per battery.
    That's very low. I have popped in a 100% battery and done timelapse for my A7r, shot around 300+ shots and still had at least 50% battery left. Granted I did not chimp my shots but all pre focusing was done with live view and I did spend a fair amount of time focusing my shots in low light. I find the 110-140 shots to be rather unsettling. Did you have OSS on?

My settings were Manual mode (ISO, AF, exposure and WB all manual), OSS off, power standby set to off, airplane mode on, live view auto switch between EVF and Live view.

Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    My settings were Manual mode (ISO, AF, exposure and WB all manual), OSS off, power standby set to off, airplane mode on, live view auto switch between EVF and Live view.
    This is a good idea. An active Wifi tends to search for available networks, which drains the battery quickly.
    EOS

Lets see how long I can tahan the shuttle lag..

will the slowest shutter lag at 0.359 second that's pretty fast.

I got the a7r because of the 36mp n no AA filter. I should have done more research.

Then all the more you should be or try to use your A6000 instead.
    Not sure why you didnt use your a6000...as you mention earlier on.

I would say.. a6000 will be better for street photography compared to A7r. Unless you had a7ii or a7rii.

Street photograph ?
    GR or Fuji x100 series la

Quote Originally Posted by TWmilkteaTW View Post
    Then all the more you should be or try to use your A6000 instead.
    Not sure why you didnt use your a6000...as you mention earlier on.

I would say.. a6000 will be better for street photography compared to A7r. Unless you had a7ii or a7rii.
    Yeah...im still wondering myself too... I dont have the $$$ for a7r ii...

Quote Originally Posted by coolhirako View Post
    Street photograph ?
    GR or Fuji x100 series la
    I like both cam...just dont wish to get more gears...

Quote Originally Posted by coolhirako View Post
    You on your cam whole day ?
    For mirrorless system , most will off the camera when not shooting...
    I leave it on and after awhile it will sleep

Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    That's very low. I have popped in a 100% battery and done timelapse for my A7r, shot around 300+ shots and still had at least 50% battery left. Granted I did not chimp my shots but all pre focusing was done with live view and I did spend a fair amount of time focusing my shots in low light. I find the 110-140 shots to be rather unsettling. Did you have OSS on?

ya steadyshot always on. I also have airplane mode on.
    Last edited by foreverlate; 2nd January 2016 at 01:42 AM.
    A7RII| FE 24-70mm ZA | FE 16-35mm ZA | FE 24-70mm GM | FE 50mm | FE 70-200mm GM

Quote Originally Posted by foreverlate View Post

I leave it on and after awhile it will sleep

ya steadyshot always on. I also have airplane mode on.
    Sleep mode in a7 camera doesnt mean saving battery life lol...

Have you checked that your pre-AF is OFF? My pre-AF and OSS is almost always OFF.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12