Thread: strontium SD Cards for Canon/Nikon DSLR?

Default strontium SD Cards for Canon/Nikon DSLR?

Hi all

I cant find any articles regarding strontium SD Cards. So I would like to ask if strontium SD Cards can be used on Nikon or Canon DSLR?

Do refer me to the articles (if there are) which talk about strontium SD Cards or which SD is best for money.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by ErikaT View Post
    Hi all

I cant find any articles regarding strontium SD Cards. So I would like to ask if strontium SD Cards can be used on Nikon or Canon DSLR?

Do refer me to the articles (if there are) which talk about strontium SD Cards or which SD is best for money.

Regards
    Scandisk still the best

Their pricing is good
    Used a few before, no issues

Strontium cards usage wise are ok and are relatively cheaper as compared to the more established brands.

Whether they last though I'm not sure. I've Sandisk cards from almost 6 years ago and they are still working great and I'm sure some here have even older ones.

One thing to note is the speed wise Strontium cards seem to max it out at Class 10 (a very very general number here) while Sandisk , Toshiba etc have cards to to 280mb/s (UHS-II) with the Sandisk Extreme Pro (95mb/s) very bang for buck now.

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Scandisk still the best
    I vote for this too.
    For some brand, write speed is half of read speed and they are cheaper. You have to read the small print for the spec.

Default Re: strontium SD Cards for Canon/Nikon DSLR?

Quote Originally Posted by keithwee View Post
    Strontium cards usage wise are ok and are relatively cheaper as compared to the more established brands.

Whether they last though I'm not sure. I've Sandisk cards from almost 6 years ago and they are still working great and I'm sure some here have even older ones.

One thing to note is the speed wise Strontium cards seem to max it out at Class 10 (a very very general number here) while Sandisk , Toshiba etc have cards to to 280mb/s (UHS-II) with the Sandisk Extreme Pro (95mb/s) very bang for buck now.
    so getting Sandisk extreme pro 95mb/s is good enuff?

Quote Originally Posted by ErikaT View Post
    Hi all

Regards
    Strontium cards are pretty reliable and value for money. I've tried using them under various conditions and none failed me, yet.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

Default Re: strontium SD Cards for Canon/Nikon DSLR?

Quote Originally Posted by raycher View Post
    so getting Sandisk extreme pro 95mb/s is good enuff?
    Good enough for what? For casual picture taking even cards from 4..5 years ago are sufficient. For video taking you might want to get newer (=faster) cards. Do read the manufacturer's recommendations in the manual.
    EOS