Thread: fire walking festival, today

Default fire walking festival, today

Hi guys, anyone is awared that today is fire walking festival for indians? i think there will be some fire walking activities at Little India.

Anyone knows about the schedule? and the location of temples?
    Thank you.

Phildate
    Guests

Default Re: fire walking festival, today

I think it will be finished already - it started in the early hours and was due to finish around 11am. It was at the Indian temple on South Bridge Road.

LENS, confirmed that the firewalking is over. I called them up just now. Anyway, here is the link.

Was there this morning from 12am - 4 am .....pretty wasted as crowd control was tight and the fire-walking was barricade from the public. . Unless you've a media pass , can forget about getting some sizzling fire walking ,ash flying shot.

was there also... basically nothing u can do... the previous years, the fire bed was outside, this year, i think it was inside the temple...

ok thanks all, i thought it will be in today midnight ha. Is it their tradition for this activities to take place at night? it sounds pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by poohbear
    Was there this morning from 12am - 4 am .....pretty wasted as crowd control was tight and the fire-walking was barricade from the public. . Unless you've a media pass , can forget about getting some sizzling fire walking ,ash flying shot.
    yah man