View Poll Results: Wad is the craziest setup u'd ever encountered?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2 bodies wif: 1 std-zoom, 1 Hammerhead, 1 mount flash & batt-packs on all flashes on each setup

7 53.85%
  • 1 single body wif: 1 std-zoom, 1 Hammerhead, 1 mount-flash, no battery packs. Full stop

3 23.08%
  • Prosumer wif mount flash + battery pack + Slave Flash

0 0%
  • Prosumer wif mount flash + battery pack

0 0%
  • Prosumer

1 7.69%
  • Advanced P&S with manual controls + Slave flash

0 0%
  • Advanced P&S with manual controls

0 0%
  • Full automatic P&S + Slave flash

1 7.69%
  • Full automatic P&S

1 7.69%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the craziest setup u'd ever personally encountered...

Default What is the craziest setup u'd ever personally encountered...

For major event/wedding official/backup photographers u'd seen?

Take note that the word 'craziest' can swing 2 extreme ends. So take note.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Default Re: What is the craziest setup u'd ever personally encountered...

none of the above. The most interesting one I encountered was a guy carrying 3 bodies, 2 sling on his shoulder, 1 camea in his hand. He rotate the 3 cameras.

another interesting setup I encountered was a guy taking using twin lens camera with an external light meter.

Sorry, if they sound normal to you all. But I have never seem this type before.

i saw one fella with 2 slr and a hammerhead mounted simultaneously on a self made wooden frame..
    sigh.

Using top of the line cameras and shoot for free.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Using top of the line cameras and shoot for free.
    why is that crazy ?
    i find it quite normal.
    Nikon 4 & lots of hollow chunky glass

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    For major event/wedding official/backup photographers u'd seen?

Take note that the word 'craziest' can swing 2 extreme ends. So take note.

i can't say that they are crazy...i think some ppl are just K.S.Or may be they just taking the back-up/2nd camera for a walk..

This was not at an event, but rather while I was out shooting skylines for a client with an 8x10" technical view camera.

It was an amateur in a suit (nationaliy supressed) with a 1DSmkII and a swag of L series glass who didn't even know how to turn the camera on without referring to the manual. Nor could he even setup the tripod let alone mount a lens. After a bit of a chat I gleanded he had only owned a Minolta P&S film camera before the upgrade to the Canon.

I nearly pee'd myself laughing when he told me in all seriousness that he was going to shoot a wedding the following weekend!
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    This was not at an event, but rather while I was out shooting skylines for a client with an 8x10" technical view camera.

It was an amateur in a suit (nationaliy supressed) with a 1DSmkII and a swag of L series glass who didn't even know how to turn the camera on without referring to the manual. Nor could he even setup the tripod let alone mount a lens. After a bit of a chat I gleanded he had only owned a Minolta P&S film camera before the upgrade to the Canon.

I nearly pee'd myself laughing when he told me in all seriousness that he was going to shoot a wedding the following weekend!
    there u go...
    it's international!
    pro photog = dslr body. brain not needed.
    sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by b18
    why is that crazy ?
    i find it quite normal.
    You doing this all the time? ok, not a word from me any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    none of the above. The most interesting one I encountered was a guy carrying 3 bodies, 2 sling on his shoulder, 1 camea in his hand. He rotate the 3 cameras.

another interesting setup I encountered was a guy taking using twin lens camera with an external light meter.

that really depends where he point his light meter at.. cos if he using incidental or reflected on himself, and then shoot the model with the setting, den he is qualified as crazy... else, u may call me crazy as well...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Christ! Now THAT'S ABSURD! NOT CRAZY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo

Sorry Paul, I don't think these are less "normal" to me.

For type 1, if the photographer is shooting film camera with prime lens only, yes, 2 bodies for color and 1 for b/w.

For type 2, if the photographer wants to shoot 120 format at the same time, a TLR is the cheaper and best quality choice, and since most TLR don't have a built in meter, so handheld meter is needed.

I have seen people using Xpen, Holga, Mamiya 7, Hasselblad (CM), TLR, Leica M and R etc shooting weddings, so I find nothing is unusual to me.

Maybe the only thing that puzzle me is someone using a camera during wedding and not sure how to operate it. (I’m referring to he/she is here to shoot a wedding, not as a guest)

Deregistered

Fortunately, that guy was carrying a 1DS MK II so that confirm can't be me!

never encounter it with my own eyes... but saw and read this on the net..

check it out..

http://www.sportsshooter.com/news/1198 and even claimed so by Dave Black himself at here: http://www.sportsshooter.com/news/1230..

hmmm.. how abt the setup in the making of The Matrix?
    Last edited by destiny_star; 23rd October 2005 at 09:35 PM.

Craziest?

I'd say it would be the main photographer running around with a 10D + Sigma 70-300 AMSII

Whereas the backup photographers are running around with
    1)1ds + 120-300/2.8(handheld btw)
    2)2 F5s + 17-35/2.8 and 80-200/2.8. Both with flash brackets IIRC.

I'm not dissing the sigma here but I found it really funny that people in my church would rather hire an external photographer to shoot their wedding instead of using the services of the readily available and friendly church photogs. For that wedding IIRC the main photog was paid and the backups were shooting for an ang pow or less.

I found this quite ironic and also very funny. I remember that day clearly as some of us were sniggering at the main photog, who seemed to be edged out on occasions by the backup photogs. Pretty amusing stuff.
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

Quote Originally Posted by Clown
    i saw one fella with 2 slr and a hammerhead mounted simultaneously on a self made wooden frame..
    What's wrong with that? I used to run a pair of Metz CT60-4's with telextenders on a custom fabricated metal bracket with my 800 and 1200 Nikkors when shooting birds / wildlife at dusk/dawn. Was also damned good for drag racing at night come to think of it.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

What's wrong with that? I used to run a pair of Metz CT60-4's with telextenders on a custom fabricated metal bracket with my 800 and 1200 Nikkors when shooting birds / wildlife at dusk/dawn. Was also damned good for drag racing at night come to think of it.
    thing is he was holding handholding that whole setup and walking around doing an event shoot..
    sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoned
    Craziest?

I'd say it would be the main photographer running around with a 10D + Sigma 70-300 AMSII

Whereas the backup photographers are running around with
    1)1ds + 120-300/2.8(handheld btw)
    2)2 F5s + 17-35/2.8 and 80-200/2.8. Both with flash brackets IIRC.

I'm not dissing the sigma here but I found it really funny that people in my church would rather hire an external photographer to shoot their wedding instead of using the services of the readily available and friendly church photogs. For that wedding IIRC the main photog was paid and the backups were shooting for an ang pow or less.

I found this quite ironic and also very funny. I remember that day clearly as some of us were sniggering at the main photog, who seemed to be edged out on occasions by the backup photogs. Pretty amusing stuff.
    I dun find it funny. It is not whether the camera is better, but impotant is what comes out. As mentioned by Ian, a person can own the best but that does not mean he know how to use it to the best! I was shooting a friends wedding as a 2nd photographer with my 20D(most of the time was the bro of the groom). The main photographer was using a 10D. My camera was "better" but the photos when compared, his was so nicely taken, my was crap :P what i want to say is that it is time that we dun judge a photographer by his equipements but by the results.
    Canon 20D, Canon 17-40L F4, Canon 50 F1.8, Tamron 28-75 F2.8, Canon 580EX

Quote Originally Posted by CLQ
    I dun find it funny. It is not whether the camera is better, but impotant is what comes out. As mentioned by Ian, a person can own the best but that does not mean he know how to use it to the best! I was shooting a friends wedding as a 2nd photographer with my 20D(most of the time was the bro of the groom). The main photographer was using a 10D. My camera was "better" but the photos when compared, his was so nicely taken, my was crap :P what i want to say is that it is time that we dun judge a photographer by his equipements but by the results.
    It's not judging by the equipment, but have you considered that the reason they have good equipment is because they are freelance photographers in their own right. It's just a blooming waste. Dark humour if you will.
    My Personal Folio (of random events and things)

Quote Originally Posted by Clown
    thing is he was holding handholding that whole setup and walking around doing an event shoot..
    Does he have arms like Arnold Schwarzenegger?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast