Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help me guys i'm in a dilemma!!!

Default Re: Help me guys i'm in a dilemma!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    @sammy888, feels all too familiar to me...
    You and me both ! LOL
    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    fyi,

many members login ClubSNAP via mobile devices nowadays, signature won't show up in the ClubSNAP app. it can easily tell who are they by their sms type of posting, and footnote of the apps.

and for your formal and long posting, can tell you are the old school former.
    That's the BIG PROBLEM with the internet whatapp age.. and thus many miscommunication, mistakes and argument happens heh.

Don't think it's a period thing, all those who are my peers or older are lazy writers and hate to read long emails. LOL Now you see .. I can end it there and that's it. But you have no CONTEXT why I use long form to explain some of my advice or points. Anyhow.... I need the practice being a dyslexic. Think if you read some of my really old messages in CS I did explain why I choose long form heh.

If I want to be short and sweet to Marcus, I would just say, "If got money, buy, use it, If regret, don't say we did not warn you. Anyway Sell it on CS cheap cheap if regret to keep it"

Short enough? LOL

As for seeing my signature? well that is why I retype it again to make sure he saw it on his phone. I am old but I am still a geeky nerd.
    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    That's the BIG PROBLEM with the internet whatapp age.. and thus many miscommunication, mistakes and argument happens heh.

Don't think it's a period thing, all those who are my peers or older are lazy writers and hate to read long emails. LOL Now you see .. I can end it there and that's it. But you have no CONTEXT why I use long form to explain some of my advice or points. Anyhow.... I need the practice being a dyslexic. Think if you read some of my really old messages in CS I did explain why I choose long form heh.

If I want to be short and sweet to Marcus, I would just say, "If got money, buy, use it, If regret, don't say we did not warn you. Anyway Sell it on CS cheap cheap if regret to keep it"

Short enough? LOL

As for seeing my signature? well that is why I retype it again to make sure he saw it on his phone. I am old but I am still a geeky nerd.

it can be even shorter, BBB, MTL
    (Buy Buy Buy, Mia Tu Liao. *Just Buy it, Don't procrastinate it*)

but this phrase has been banned many years ago.

btw, your signature is a meaningful one, serve as an inspiration and reminder, really.

personally dislike seeing an inventory list as signature, it serve no purpose other than showing off.
    but too bad there isn't a function to turn off seeing such signature.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

There are working pros using Nikon and canon system. What is good enough for them is probably good for us.
    Question is not really if canon is better then Nikon or Nikon is better then canon.

You need to know and understand what you like about the canon system.

If it is the mechanical operation of canon system that you like better then Nikon, then going to canon is your answer.

But if it is the image quality which makes you think canon is better then nikon

Then the next question is, is it due to the color? If so then I think, you could buy some Lightroom preset that give you a nice choice of film simulation that could perhaps give you the color you want when you apply to your Nikon raw images. Much less expensive then switch system imho.

If it is due to dx vs fx, then you could check out Nikon line of fx camera which you could get it pretty decent priced in bns. Sometime the different between fx and ex could be smaller under different settings and especially if we ar not pixel peeping.

The difference in image quality could be also glass dependent. Maybe the canon glass you are using are better then the lens you are using on the d3200?

Personally, I can't tell if a picture is taken by canon or nikon without looking at the exif. Raw can be made to look the way you desire it.

Personally I can't if a picture is taken by fx or dx unless if it is a image is shot at low light where noise of a dx sensor shows.
    Last edited by DSolZ; 20th December 2015 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Chai View Post
    Wild life, sports, action-packed stuff. I guess all these need a kick ass 7Dmarkii or 5Dmarkiii to get the job done. Among 50 photos it can cover over half with correct focus point

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus
    For wildlife and sports, you will need decent long lenses too, 300mm or longer. These lenses can cost from $2000 up to $15,000. Plus a decent tripod stable enough to support the total weight. So be prepared to spend at least $4k or more.

Nikon has a cooler image,good for those photographer in 4 reasons climate.
    Canon ends with a warmer colour.
    Just set your Nikon to vivid,u're done

Lol

Borrowing what Kai said in one of his digitalrev videos, if you will keep thinking about FX after buying DX, just get FX

Quote Originally Posted by jjlimjohn View Post
    Borrowing what Kai said in one of his digitalrev videos, if you will keep thinking about FX after buying DX, just get FX
    yes agree

10,000 words of wisdoms from shi-fu here ... But one cool ad/poster of D750 from Nikon will reverse anything else that's been read and heard here

Quote Originally Posted by Berkins View Post
    10,000 words of wisdoms from shi-fu here ... But one cool ad/poster of D750 from Nikon will reverse anything else that's been read and heard here

Just read if you like **** and bull stories as special interest .. that might save you some headache and a few coins heh

"Well if what I buy is not right, I can always sell it off my hands" How many people had this thought in mind?

Thus, we have a buy & sell section in photographic forums and Brick & Mortar shops dealing in second hands gear.

You can spot a victim of regret buys most times. Their gear usually less then 6 months or shorter. Some too honest will admit it in their opening sales pitch. They emphasize more then most, how well kept it was, carefully used and asking price is almost same as brand new and to an extend refuse to lower it till they either redrawn the sale or resign to selling it at the realistic market price then their mind can accept. That can etch in their mind a bitter pill experience. Seasoned 'Vulture' buyers will swoop in for the kill on those kind of seller victims. Vultures types love telling unsuspecting BUY BUY BUY knowing if you regret, that gear will surface sometime soon in their shop or online.

But that's part of the learning curve. Don't hate that part or the player. .

Money no object? Fine. if it was a mistake? Learn and move on and try again. But don't repeat it. Life's tuition fee is sometime not cheap or must pay. . Not saying this is Marcus I am talking about. This is just in general. and can happen to anyone. Buy car, open door & close the door and then try selling at same price. heh

This is just another part of the photographic experience that will come into play for a good majority of camera owners. (note I say owners and not photographers) And one you need to think over or guide your buying decision.

Here's how it happens mainly in a photography shop. No sales person(s) will tell you anything bad about a product without good reason and lose a sale. Why? Because they want you to leave the store with a purchase.

Now, in a secondhand store, when you are trying to sell your gear to recoup cash, you will hear mainly bad comments about what you brought it. Why? So they can get a better margin reselling to another person. Shop rental not cheap and he has family to feed. Sob stories has no effect on them. Selling it yourself? That depends on who you encounter to sell your gear to. How good is your selling skills and technical know-how. Bargaining will include any kind of remarks including technical will come up to get you to lower the price further. If it is not a popular gear or you refuse to drop your price to something someone is willing to pay, each month passes, value drops. Worst is when a new succeeding model is rumored coming out. That will have an impact on your gear. Sometimes, ever a high end pro gear can be hard to sell.

Can you live with that reality if you make a bad buy? Leaving your gear to slowing deteriorate in a box or part with it and probably losing a chunk of what you paid for. Worst, not only you lose a chunk, you are still paying interest and installment for months or years to come? Think about that while looking at beautiful catalogs of really awesome cameras range and fantasizing how much great photos you will be taking after you buy it or flashing it around and rationalizing with a calculator in hand as you convince yourself to stretch from your original budget higher and higher.

So... read the many catalogs to compare. But I would suggest that you also visit to the Clubsnap buy & sell section to see what kind of prices gear are changing hand for depending on condition. You notice, you can only post your sale but no one can reply back in the thread but only thru PM. You know why that is so?

Formerly you can. But the amount of bickering, misleading information, low balling of prices, regretted bad transaction being argued heatedly ...etc It was terrible and CS did the right thing to impose stricter codes of conduct and distance itself from the buyer and seller. Their only function was to offer you a place to post your ad to sale or buy used gears. You do it on your own risk outside. So, buy or sell used gear is only for the experienced or brave of heart.

• So you want to change brand of gear? Not want to keep them? You have to sell them right? Keep, give away or sell?
    • Upgrade your gear to a higher end model? Thus old incompatible accessories or lens have to go right?. Keep, give away or sell?
    • Bought new body so need new lens, accessories ..etc to build up your all-inclusive basic setup yes? Now regret? Keep, give away or sell?

How you intend to sell ....so, as a set or separate? No many people want to buy a set or a set like what you picked out. Each piece you sell is a time sapper ( meeting up buyer, exchanging email, meeting location, after sales complains..etc) apart from deciding how much you willing to sell them for..

Step back, take a deep breath and think carefully.

PS. Depending on which ever store you visit or worst in a expo, the one who is serving you is quite likely a photographic idiot who was given sales training and can only talk like a light weight photographic consultant. Too many have I just talked to sales people and when i test them in casual conversations have no clue but what they are told or learn from whoever was the brand person for a camera gear. Even those that seem pretty good, their knowledge is not updated. Are there really good trust worthy sales people and stores? Yes but will they spend the whole day talking to you about it? NO. So free har? heh. Even me. But since I am between jobs, I can write long story here now.

So... Google and YouTube are your best friend and teacher on not only gears but also on various techniques of photography using gears and creativity. And it is FREE. Don't just invest money in gear. invest time to learn and practice as well.

That is the only way to get the most out of your invested gear.
    Last edited by sammy888; 21st December 2015 at 01:34 PM.

I use my nex shooting with all the full frame shooter know what?
    The subjects look at my cute cam most of the time lol
    End result my nex produces better than ff box.
    Lol

The subjects told me I'm the one n only guy with that tiny little cam looks light and comfortable to them hahahaha
    Last edited by mccm33; 21st December 2015 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mccm33 View Post
    Lol

The subjects told me I'm the one n only guy with that tiny little cam looks light and comfortable to them hahahaha

NO STRESS FOR THEM. FF Can see their flaws HAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by mccm33 View Post
    Lol

you're the Shi-fu!

Thank you for your kind advice, waiting for the markiii price to go down though, either x-t1 or canon markii already for now. Not sure if want wait for markiii to drop

Thank you for your kind advice, waiting for the markiii price to go down though, either x-t1 or canon markii already for now. Not sure if want wait for markiii to drop
    Why Fuji? I thought u want to shoot wild life? Fuji don't have very long lens. Xt1 focus is fast but not dslr fast ..not sure if it is idea for sports.
    If budget is a factor then why not get from bns. Fuji xt1 price is dropping in bns probably due to arrival of xpro 2 in Jan.
    Last edited by DSolZ; 21st December 2015 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DSolZ View Post
    Why Fuji? I thought u want to shoot wild life? Fuji don't have very long lens. Xt1 focus is fast but not dslr fast ..not sure if it is idea for sports.
    If budget is a factor then why not get from bns. Fuji xt1 price is dropping in bns probably due to arrival of xpro 2 in Jan.
    What's BNS

What's BNS

BNS = Buy and Sell sub-forum here in CS

Just in case CS = Clubsnap

Marcus, Christmas is over. Hope you got your camera Don't worry, you are not alone. I started with D5000 and move on the D300. Today, I am also looking into D7200 or D600/D610. Why not switch to Canon or go D4 maybe the questions in your mind.

In my opinion, which ever brand, the price will determine the quality of the camera you get. Otherwise how to sell the higher range models. Just take for example your D3000 and D4, which is a better camera? So, it is either Canon or Nikon not because they are better but because they are more common thus you can buy/sell/look for lens, 3rd parties products easily.

True it is the person behind the camera that makes the difference but without the right tools, it is also not possible in many situations. See an eagle at a 500 m, try to use your point a shoot camera or handphone to take a picture

But I have not given you any answers. Yes, I am also stuck with the same question like many others here. It is always about what is next. With technology, I am sure the DX sensor will match the FX but then they need to up the FX in order to sell. My guts feel, FX is the way forward and then work on your lens, of course skills. From my few years of photography experiences, nothing beats going out there to shoot no matter what gears you got.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    Marcus, Christmas is over. Hope you got your camera Don't worry, you are not alone. I started with D5000 and move on the D300. Today, I am also looking into D7200 or D600/D610. Why not switch to Canon or go D4 maybe the questions in your mind.

In my opinion, which ever brand, the price will determine the quality of the camera you get. Otherwise how to sell the higher range models. Just take for example your D3000 and D4, which is a better camera? So, it is either Canon or Nikon not because they are better but because they are more common thus you can buy/sell/look for lens, 3rd parties products easily.

True it is the person behind the camera that makes the difference but without the right tools, it is also not possible in many situations. See an eagle at a 500 m, try to use your point a shoot camera or handphone to take a picture

But I have not given you any answers. Yes, I am also stuck with the same question like many others here. It is always about what is next. With technology, I am sure the DX sensor will match the FX but then they need to up the FX in order to sell. My guts feel, FX is the way forward and then work on your lens, of course skills. From my few years of photography experiences, nothing beats going out there to shoot no matter what gears you got.
    Just came back fro my vacation from NewZealand, took my friends D3200 for a spin and the results are equally good. But the money you're forking out is for some advance settings and shooting low light. The D7200 is one of the best cameras out there for Nikon now. Yes i'm getting a Canon as i'm switching system already.

Christmas is around the corner and i've been wondering...

1. Should i switch gears from nikon system to canon however i still have my Nikon DX lenses laying around

2. If yes to question 1 then which camera should i get? Between a 6D or 7D Mark II ( if i have funds i'll get 5D MarkIII)

3. If no question 1 then should i upgrade to fullframe as my previous gear was D3200 or should i get something like a D7200?

4. Is second hand really that worth it for any cameras out there?

Please help me out here! Currently shooting with canon system because i'm borrowing my friends 6D and fell totally in love with canon system...

I shoot mostly landscapes, events D&D photos
    Just came back fro my vacation from NewZealand, took my friends D3200 for a spin and the results are equally good. But the money you're forking out is for some advance settings and shooting low light. The D7200 is one of the best cameras out there for Nikon now. Yes i'm getting a Canon as i'm switching system already.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast