Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Desire; Slim Fit

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 3rd Rock
    Posts
    1,269

    Default Desire; Slim Fit

    While shooting for "Window Shopping" theme, a plump lady showed up in the frame.


  2. #2

    Default Re: Desire; Slim Fit

    I hope you don't take it personally, but I find the photograph rather insensitive, and unnecessarily derogatory and insulting. The intent might be cheeky, but the message comes out too strong and in your face, juxtaposed with the glamourous poster model, enhanced by the B&W touch - end result is not so cheeky anymore.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 3rd Rock
    Posts
    1,269

    Default Re: Desire; Slim Fit

    Quote Originally Posted by shinken
    I hope you don't take it personally, but I find the photograph rather insensitive, and unnecessarily derogatory and insulting. The intent might be cheeky, but the message comes out too strong and in your face, juxtaposed with the glamourous poster model, enhanced by the B&W touch - end result is not so cheeky anymore.
    Was pointed out by a photojournalist friend of mine that “Photography in fashion is to sell a dream”. Regardless of our body shape and age, most people have desire to be slim and beautiful. Who is it to blame? Fashion magazines or our desire???
    Last edited by billpepsi; 23rd October 2005 at 11:08 AM.

  4. #4
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,601

    Default Re: Desire; Slim Fit

    nothing wrong here. i find it fairly neutral, since from the photo, there can't be a positive ID of the lady in it.

    the title could have been a little different though.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Choa Chu Kang
    Posts
    220

    Default Re: Desire; Slim Fit

    I think it's ok... Except, the person in the photo doesn't look like she is looking at the mannequins... would fit the caption more if she were looking at it...

    Keep shooting.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 3rd Rock
    Posts
    1,269

    Default Re: Desire; Slim Fit

    Quote Originally Posted by raid
    I think it's ok... Except, the person in the photo doesn't look like she is looking at the mannequins... would fit the caption more if she were looking at it...

    Keep shooting.

    Tx. Yeah, something on the floor seems to interest her.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Desire; Slim Fit

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffhiew
    Tx. Yeah, something on the floor seems to interest her.
    The specs give away the direction of her sight - should be removed. The pic does tell a powerful story of modern women and their desire. I do not find it derogatory at all. This is a today's reality.

    But do not get me wrong that I subscribe to this value.

    For me - A bit skinny or a has bit of fat;no sweat. A healthy body and mind is beauty at its best.
    Last edited by tOGGY; 29th October 2005 at 10:55 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •