Pick your way past the gamer-oriented ads, and you find LG, HP, and Dell are all selling ultrawide monitors they say are for people who actually have to get work done. (Designers, animators, digital artists, video and motion graphics people are collectively “content creators” in current marketing-speak.) But are ultrawides a Thing, or just a gimmick? Can you actually get real work done on them? Is this really, as CreativeBloq claimed when the LG model first appeared, “a designer’s dream”? The LG 34″ Ultrawide Whether we’re doing print design, web development, motion graphics or video, many of us rely on multiple monitor setups. When I made the switch to dual monitors there was no going back. The extra screen real estate made working so much faster and easier that switching back to a single monitor was unthinkable. Or so it was at the time. When LG, HP, Dell, and others came out with a new species of monitor sporting a seemingly absurd aspect ratio of 21:9, I wasn’t immediately impressed. Seriously? Did I really need a Cinemascope monitor (other than for watching some of the titles on Netflix)? Ultrawide monitors sat on my “Ignore” pile until I actually saw a [...]
The post An Ultrawide Monitor Could Transform Your Workflow appeared first on CreativePro.com.

More...