Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Cant decide which camera to get for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    You have not shot enough film yet.
    Well thats probably true. But its more with damage being non permanent. I think theres many like me, cant stand a speck of imperfection on my electronic gadgets

To make a pinhole lens is not as easy as you might think. You need to know what format you want to shoot, than decide the focal length of the pinhole camera you want make, after this you need to calculate the size of the hole you need to make.
    You also need to find a material for making a pinhole lens, which is very thin yet very strong, you also need make sure the hole you made is close to prefect circle. It is a very serious project, it is not primary school art and craft project.
    Sounds like less of a pain, and more fun to do it via trial and error.

Default Re: Cant decide which camera to get for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by LeoTheSolar View Post

THREAD EXPIRED. CHRISTMAS DAY JUST PASSED LOL.
    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

Well thats probably true. But its more with damage being non permanent. I think theres many like me, cant stand a speck of imperfection on my electronic gadgets
    My last roll of film was shot 10 years ago, have done with it, after shooting film for more than thirty years on small, medium and larger format. Never want to look back again.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Fyi, I have done many research and experiment over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post

THREAD EXPIRED. CHRISTMAS DAY JUST PASSED LOL.
    Can carry on for CNY.

Can carry on for CNY.
    Next christmas also can =)

Quote Originally Posted by coolhirako View Post
    Next christmas also can =)
    By then can get a better camera at a cheaper price

Fyi, I have done many research and experiment over the years.
    Not doubting that. Just each to their own preference i believe.

I just got my EM1 today @ 2100 standard bundle 16GB card extra battery

Guy where will be good place to buy a good bag for it? Sim Lim or Funan ? what will be the bag price ranging?

And do i required a cleaning kit? what should i look for in the kit? oh and the LCD on the EM1 should i go place a screen protector over it? will it make the touchscreen less sensitive after that? For SD card why do we go for Class 10 and above? because of the transfer speed to our computer is it? Sorry to post all this noob question...

and what is the battery grip for? should i also buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by raycher View Post
    and what is the battery grip for? should i also buy it?
    Battery grip is for easier vertical image shooting and better camera grip handling but em1 that original handler is good ao i think battery grip is not necessary.
    As for camera bag, Ona series or Billingham my choice , price range 150+ till 400++ . Go see n try it ...

I just got my EM1 today @ 2100 standard bundle 16GB card extra battery Guy where will be good place to buy a good bag for it? Sim Lim or Funan ? what will be the bag price ranging? And do i required a cleaning kit? what should i look for in the kit? oh and the LCD on the EM1 should i go place a screen protector over it? will it make the touchscreen less sensitive after that? For SD card why do we go for Class 10 and above? because of the transfer speed to our computer is it? Sorry to post all this noob question...
    As for the screen protector question, I feel that there is no need for a screen protector, but if you need the piece of mind, go for it but I highly doubt it will affect the sensitivity of the touchscreen.
    As for your memory card question, class 10 is recommended as it helps you when you do continuous shooting on your EM1, allowing you to shoot more before the buffer needs to stop

For bags and screen protector, try TK Photo at Funan or Cathay at Peninsula Plaza. They have the widest selections. A decent one for your m43 Olympus would probably be about $80-$150 from brands like ThinkTank, Lowepro, Kata, Manfrotto and Crumpler. The Ona and Billingham rnges are the more luxury priced ones.

Quote Originally Posted by rainduet View Post
    As for the screen protector question, I feel that there is no need for a screen protector, but if you need the piece of mind, go for it but I highly doubt it will affect the sensitivity of the touchscreen.
    As for your memory card question, class 10 is recommended as it helps you when you do continuous shooting on your EM1, allowing you to shoot more before the buffer needs to stop
    i Look at best bargain scandisk got a SDHC extreme pro 95mb/s and a microSD extreme 90M , are they both under class 10? so which should i go for?
    Should i got 32GB or 64GB?
    Last edited by raycher; 28th December 2015 at 02:11 PM.

i Look at best bargain scandisk got a SDHC extreme pro 95mb/s and a microSD extreme 90M , are they both under class 10? so which should i go for?
    Should i got 32GB or 64GB?
    Get a SD not micro SD

i Look at best bargain scandisk got a SDHC extreme pro 95mb/s and a microSD extreme 90M , are they both under class 10? so which should i go for? Should i got 32GB or 64GB?
    Yes, both are class 10. You should get the SDHC as your camera takes a SD card, not a micro SD card, unless you have a adapter to use the micro SD card. I'd advice you to get 2 32GB cards instead of a single 64gb card as it will be more reliable using 2 cards and 2 cards will be handy if one card fails.

Quote Originally Posted by rainduet View Post
    Yes, both are class 10. You should get the SDHC as your camera takes a SD card, not a micro SD card, unless you have a adapter to use the micro SD card. I'd advice you to get 2 32GB cards instead of a single 64gb card as it will be more reliable using 2 cards and 2 cards will be handy if one card fails.
    I second this. If you wait til you fill up that 64GB card before transferring to your computer and backing up, if the card fails before you get a chance to transfer you'll have lots of lost memories.

Quote Originally Posted by swifty View Post
    I second this. If you wait til you fill up that 64GB card before transferring to your computer and backing up, if the card fails before you get a chance to transfer you'll have lots of lost memories.
    Thank you guys i go get the memory card later ^^

i Have the camera, battery , memory card now need to get a good bag to pair with it and can prepare for my taiwan and danang trip to take pictures^^ any thing i miss out that i should get with the EM1 machine?

Thank you guys i go get the memory card later ^^

i Have the camera, battery , memory card now need to get a good bag to pair with it and can prepare for my taiwan and danang trip to take pictures^^ any thing i miss out that i should get with the EM1 machine?
    A lightweight support (e.g. Clamp, Gorilla pod, Tripod etc..)
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast