Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any expert here good at Baking?

Default Re: Any expert here good at Baking?

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz
    dun liddat ler, not tt their job v glam. jus approach them 2 ask mah, but keep in mind tt not every staff tt knowledgeable. if they r tt gd in baking they'd likely b working somewhere else already. since u there might as well ask, dun waste ur trip there.

u got any leftover 4 me?
    Yesterday bake Cheesecake.. got lots of leftover.. throw into dustbin liao..
    because water get into the cake ..

water in cake prob because you underbake your cake.. and too much magarine. next time go the one at sembawang or aljunied. they got inhouse chef at times annd their staff are ingredients knowledgeable too...

try brownies la... hee hee any takers ??

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Lyn
    water in cake prob because you underbake your cake.. and too much magarine. next time go the one at sembawang or aljunied. they got inhouse chef at times annd their staff are ingredients knowledgeable too...

me, me!! volunteer taster!!

Quote Originally Posted by Haze
    bake again? ur oven must b v seasoned!!

Cheesecake need to bake 1 meh?
    the cheesecake that my wife makes, only need to dump inside freezer over night, don't need to bake 1.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    the cheesecake that my wife makes, only need to dump inside freezer over night, don't need to bake 1.
    some recipes need 2 bake, some dun need. i prefer de oven baked ver.

How did you get water into the cake? Most cheesecake recipes don't call for water.

What brand of cream cheese did you use? Some have a higher water content than others. Uhhh, sorry to ask this, but you did use cream cheese and not cream cheese spread right?
    Last edited by deadpixel; 25th October 2005 at 09:16 AM.

Cheesecakes don't usually have margarine either, except for their biscuit base or crust. Also, cheesecakes should only be baked till the center looks and feels "dry". If baked too long, you will get a HUGE crack through the center of the cake. Very ugly!

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Oooohhh. That's a gelatin cheesecake. The ones you get from cafes and restaurants are usually baked. Be careful not to keep gelatin cheesecakes for more than 3 days, especially if they contain raw eggs, even if they are kept in the fridge or freezer.

I dun think i underbake or but too much magarine.
    It's the Aluminum foil that i wrap around the bake tin to prevent water from the tray going in torn -____- i too rough liao..

Ya i want to try brownies ;D

bake again? ur oven must b v seasoned!!
    well.. until now.. i can make a few successful cookies..
    cake always fail --___--

Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel
    How did you get water into the cake? Most cheesecake recipes don't call for water.

What brand of cream cheese did you use? Some have a higher water content than others. Uhhh, sorry to ask this, but you did use cream cheese and not cream cheese spread right?
    I used the "bathing method" to bake the cheesecake wow.
    Creamcheese from Poon Huat lor :P..

Cheesecakes don't usually have margarine either, except for their biscuit base or crust. Also, cheesecakes should only be baked till the center looks and feels "dry". If baked too long, you will get a HUGE crack through the center of the cake. Very ugly!
    My receipe is here
    http://cake.allrecipes.com/az/KillrChsck.asp

Bathing method is here
    http://allrecipes.com/advice/coll/al...cles/157P1.asp

Oooohhh. That's a gelatin cheesecake. The ones you get from cafes and restaurants are usually baked. Be careful not to keep gelatin cheesecakes for more than 3 days, especially if they contain raw eggs, even if they are kept in the fridge or freezer.
    why cannot keep more then 3 days? will spoil?

I ate 2 weeks old gelatin cheesecake...

well.. until now.. i can make a few successful cookies..
    cake always fail --___--
    blame ur oven, stupid oven??...

Don't use the bathing method. There really isn't any need for it if you control your oven temperature properly. Get yourself an oven thermometer.

Just remember to keep within minutes of the recommended timing and shut down the oven once the center stops looking wet and isn't sticky. You should then run a thin knife around the sides of the springform pan to seperate the cake from the sides of the pan and then leave the cake for another hour in the oven to "cool" and firm up.

Running the knife to seperate the cake from the pan will ensure that the cake does not crack around the edges as it cools and shrinks away from the pan.

Pooh Huat's cream cheese are ok, they're half the price of Philadelphia so you'll save a lot if you bake often, but they are a little harder and their flavor is also somewhat different. I find Philadelphia's flavor a little better.

Not spoil, and this only applies to gelatin cheese cakes with fresh eggs.

Eggs may contain salmonella (a type of bacteria) that can cause severe food poisioning that sometimes leads to death in very young children, old folks and the physically weak.

Read about it here: Salmonella Infections

The most common incidences are from people who eat homemade mayonnaise, ice creams, cheesecakes and other desserts that call for raw eggs.

One way around this is to use pasteurized eggs, which are available from some baking supply shops and from gourmet supermarkets.

blame ur oven, stupid oven??...
    i love my oven

i love my oven
    oic, sorry.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast