Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How long did you save before you bought your DSLR

Default Re: How long did you save before you bought your DSLR

Quote Originally Posted by kit_fisto
    How long did you save before you bought your DSLR?
    30 years since the day I was born.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    30 years since the day I was born.
    Wow, assuming u saved $1 per day...

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Wow, assuming u saved $1 per day...
    10957.5... btw 50c is forecasted...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

eighteen years.

When I decided to get a DSLR after shooting film for a while....I looked for freelance job(in Advertising), once the deal was clinched, I bought my 10D immediately....with Sigma 12-24mm & 28-70 f2.8mm.

Spent everything that I make from the freelance job plus top-up a few hundred dollar....crazy lah...ha ha...

I sold my two Scott MTBs to get mine.

wah..all for the passion of photography! well i guess i'll do the same if i were u. its money well spent eh

saving since i came to singapore to study last year. no food outside university, no movies, no taxi, no extra expenses for all of last year.
    saving money from scholarship and have purchased a laptop (required for study) and a DSLR recently.
    oh yes, spent some money on a 15 day vietnam trip

kashi

still saving....... alamak canon 5D >$6,500

Lightbulb Re: How long did you save before you bought your DSLR

many moons ago, i waited patiently for my year-end bonuses and during lunch time, i went to bee loh to buy a mamiya rb67. came back with a big bag and stuffed it under my desk. could not wait to get my hands on it until i got home. the anticipation was killing.

ok, in fact i saved 2 yrs of pocket money, no lunch no recess, i take breakfast at home, and dinner at home, and in school, if i am hungry, i would sit at the school garden under the tree, and read a novel. let my mind be distracted and not feel hungry all the time, and if bo pian, i will drink water, drink until full den go toilet again.

for 2 years, and later took up some freelance assisignments and a part-time job. and purposely chose a job which i was unfamilar with. so i could learn a new skill. and worked part-time for 6mths. and learnt a new skill.

so tats explains hw i got my first dslr, and the later part of my equipments all came from assignments and "no lunch no teabreak" movements.

so now. i am on the next 6 years of "no lunch no teabreak" movement for my next upgrade. 6 more years.... .

i got my dslr by exchanging the luxury of having lunch with friends, and tea sessions with classmates and lecturers. so yah.. its a good trade off actually. its worth the hell i have been through, and i wouldnt mind gg on another 6 years for my next upgrade of lens..aha

a more simple way is to sell your house furnitures when your parent aint around.
    Cash converter now alot of branches.

Now i still saving,still using coolpix 3700.
    And yes,i molest it when i 1st bought it,the anticipate is very strong.

Saved up for 15 years

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    ok, in fact i saved 2 yrs of pocket money, no lunch no recess, i take breakfast at home, and dinner at home, and in school, if i am hungry, i would sit at the school garden under the tree, and read a novel. let my mind be distracted and not feel hungry all the time, and if bo pian, i will drink water, drink until full den go toilet again.

for 2 years, and later took up some freelance assisignments and a part-time job. and purposely chose a job which i was unfamilar with. so i could learn a new skill. and worked part-time for 6mths. and learnt a new skill.

so tats explains hw i got my first dslr, and the later part of my equipments all came from assignments and "no lunch no teabreak" movements.

so now. i am on the next 6 years of "no lunch no teabreak" movement for my next upgrade. 6 more years.... .

i got my dslr by exchanging the luxury of having lunch with friends, and tea sessions with classmates and lecturers. so yah.. its a good trade off actually. its worth the hell i have been through, and i wouldnt mind gg on another 6 years for my next upgrade of lens..aha
    I dont think I can have that much determination. The most I ever suffered was to buy my $300 watch. Everyday only can eat $1.50, dinner at home, no movies, no buying other stuff for about 1 mth+. I dun think I can tahan again man.

Sell my Tudor watch to buy one. No regret.

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    U should register yrself in the next "Speak good English Campaign"
    Should be write good English loh :P
    Great photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field.
    Portfolio | Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by kit_fisto
    I dont think I can have that much determination. The most I ever suffered was to buy my $300 watch. Everyday only can eat $1.50, dinner at home, no movies, no buying other stuff for about 1 mth+. I dun think I can tahan again man.
    who says... Nothing is impossible. the word Impossible is made of of Im Possible. so ur the possible. Who says u cant ? when u say u cant do it, it means u are halfway through of breaking your own dreams of owning a DSLR.

tell urself. its nothing. such small sacrifices for a DSLR is worth it. tahan. and when u get the dslr in ur hands, u will treasure it more than anything else..

trust me u can do. trust urself in doing it. Self-confidence.

hahaha thanks man, really hope I can get one soon.

yeah... i seriously encourage pple to get their own dslrs, rather den to depend on their parents.. like most csers here dun like rich kids with big toys jus to show off. and the pics they show turn out like crap.

and i realli like pple who is willingy to work for their equipments. but bo pian. rich kids here are realli spoilt ones.

work hard for ur equipment, thats where u learn to treasure them. and treat them with care.

spoit brads...

I saved for 2 years, work part time while studying. Sold off prosumer cam to prepare for better future ahead with dslr.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast