Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: --- Budget DC ---

  1. #1

    Default --- Budget DC ---

    I have a budget of $300 - $400 (need not to be new DC) would appreciate if any Cser care to recommend a decent DC for an amateur to start snapping

    I always have good impression on Canon for its color and build quality but Iím open for other brand many thanks!

  2. #2

    Default Re: --- Budget DC ---

    Quote Originally Posted by wilddancer
    I have a budget of $300 - $400 (need not to be new DC) would appreciate if any Cser care to recommend a decent DC for an amateur to start snapping

    I always have good impression on Canon for its color and build quality but Iím open for other brand many thanks!
    What is a DC?
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: --- Budget DC ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    What is a DC?
    DC = digital camera

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    1,325

    Default Re: --- Budget DC ---

    Used FZ5?
    incywincyspider climbup the waterspout...

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: --- Budget DC ---

    FZ5 is slightly above his budget hor??..

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    270 degree of Singapore
    Posts
    6,741

    Default Re: --- Budget DC ---

    Probably you would like to put more down more details like what you like to shoot. Macro? Sceneries (wide angle)? Candid or birds (zoom, 3x or 12x)? Night or low light (good ISO)? Insects (Macro)? Beside Canon any preference on on brand? Etc...

    Then you choose which one you want from there.

    If you post WTB (want to buy) in "Buy and Sell" forum, state your requirement, you probably may get what you want cheaper from there than 1st hand.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

  7. #7

    Default Re: --- Budget DC ---

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz
    FZ5 is slightly above his budget hor??..
    hehe... new 1 it's abt 700+ don't mind if anyone can let go ard my budget

    Quote Originally Posted by zcf
    Probably you would like to put more down more details like what you like to shoot. Macro? Sceneries (wide angle)? Candid or birds (zoom, 3x or 12x)? Night or low light (good ISO)? Insects (Macro)? Beside Canon any preference on on brand? Etc...
    Wel.. will be mostly use for portrait shot, with my kindda budget cannot ask too much but my priorities will be good resolution and color, maybe ard 3 Ė 5 mp. hopefully wide range of ISO low noise at high sensitivity and with some manual control

    Rest like wide angle, long zoom, macro range, AF assist, batt lifeÖ. Will be additional compliment. Other preference of brand will be Nikon, Sony, Panasonic

  8. #8

    Default Re: --- Budget DC ---

    Look for canon A series like A510

  9. #9

    Default Re: --- Budget DC ---

    You could take a look at "The Camera Workshop". They have a couple of second hand digital cameras on sale there. Probably on consignment. They should range from about S$300 to S$500. It's on the glass cabinet nearest to the entrance of the shop.

    Some sites like Imaging Resource, http://www.imaging-resource.com/WB/WB.HTM, Digital Camera Resource Page http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/cameraList.php, Digital Photography Review http://www.dpreview.com/ & Digital Camera HQhttp://www.digitalcamera-hq.com/ should prove helpful.

    It's always good to know your stuff before walking into any shop. Thus no shop keeper will be able to fool you. There often are compromises in different digicams. But as Fatjp posted, the Canon A series are pretty decent and are well balanced.
    Last edited by GC1; 20th October 2005 at 04:17 PM.

  10. #10

    Default Re: --- Budget DC ---

    Thanks GC1 for the info
    need to cut down the list... maybe..

    new A410 or DSC S60
    used A510 or DSC W5

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    2,504

    Default Re: --- Budget DC ---

    is there a A410?

    hmm i suggest u go for a510/520

  12. #12
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,124

    Default Re: --- Budget DC ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiahfortythirtyone
    is there a A410?

    hmm i suggest u go for a510/520
    Yes there is. (3MP)

  13. #13

    Default Re: --- Budget DC ---

    Here are a few cameras that are on sale at the B&S. Some may have already been sold. But it's just to bring it up to your attention. The few sites just now are very useful. First, whittle the list down to the camera which you are interested in, then compare the camera among all the reviews and pick out the common good and bad points of each. I would suggest getting a camera which has at least 4MP. I did tons of research before buying my first digital camera several years back and that really paid off for me.

    Sony DSC W7 Black, S$450
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...=155413&page=2

    Sony F707, S$420
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=157004

    Canon A80, S$300
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=153291

    Panasonic LZ-2, S$400
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=152713

  14. #14

    Default Re: --- Budget DC ---

    Try used A70. I believe you can get it easily :P
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  15. #15

    Default Re: --- Budget DC ---

    Quote Originally Posted by GC1
    Here are a few cameras that are on sale at the B&S. Some may have already been sold. But it's just to bring it up to your attention. The few sites just now are very useful. First, whittle the list down to the camera which you are interested in, then compare the camera among all the reviews and pick out the common good and bad points of each. I would suggest getting a camera which has at least 4MP. I did tons of research before buying my first digital camera several years back and that really paid off for me.

    Sony DSC W7 Black, S$450
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...=155413&page=2

    Sony F707, S$420
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=157004

    Canon A80, S$300
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=153291

    Panasonic LZ-2, S$400
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=152713
    thanks for the detail! pm some of them already..

    Quote Originally Posted by megaweb
    Try used A70. I believe you can get it easily :P
    hehe... A70 saga it's every where in the forum
    think A80 is not effected.. but think i'll get those with Digic II..

    will raise a wtb or keep a close eye on the market

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    The 13th floor
    Posts
    546

    Default Re: --- Budget DC ---

    Canon A410 is Digic II, $265nett at Cathay Photo. But made in China.

  17. #17

    Default Re: --- Budget DC ---

    Quote Originally Posted by wilddancer
    thanks for the detail! pm some of them already..


    hehe... A70 saga it's every where in the forum
    think A80 is not effected.. but think i'll get those with Digic II..

    will raise a wtb or keep a close eye on the market
    Dun worry A70 now u can get free repair...best if u get from karang guni...cheap cheap...then send it to canon for free repair

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •