Thread: Japan: Sunset Ave

Default Japan: Sunset Ave

well, actually this was at Tokyo, Shinjuku. I was heading to see tokyo sunset & night view. along the way, the orangy sun nicely lights up the pavement.

Nice, lovely light.

Oh, yes. Gorgeous light...

Got to quibble about the black patch at the top and the distracting streetlamp (?) at the top right hand corner.

I didn't realise that until I got back. after digitalcam LCD screen doesn't covers 100%

its a grab shot, I was rushing to view the sunset at the central metropolitian building. but decide to take a shot when I saw the shadow cast & nice lovely sunlight. unfortunately, the sunset at the top was very disappointing.

Originally posted by Richard
    Oh, yes. Gorgeous light...

Got to quibble about the black patch at the top and the distracting streetlamp (?) at the top right hand corner.

ask a question:

let say i am crossing a traffic light whereby there's alot of people to and fro, then i have a model standing in front of me, how do i take with the model focus, while all the other people beside are sort of like motion blur?

pls guide me. thanks

Originally posted by zOOm
    I didn't realise that until I got back. after digitalcam LCD screen doesn't covers 100%

its a grab shot, I was rushing to view the sunset at the central metropolitian building. but decide to take a shot when I saw the shadow cast & nice lovely sunlight. unfortunately, the sunset at the top was very disappointing.

brother, just crop it in adobe photoshop and it would be perfect.

wah ... why pose a so difficult question to a newbie like me

let me guess ...
    1. single shot
    - choose to take in the undercast day (no sun) or prepared to underexposed ev-2.0 to prevent overexposure
    - manual focus on the lady
    - open aperture big big
    - adjust for slow shutterspeed like 1 - 2secs (depends whether the people walking or running)
    - press the shutter

2. using double exposure (SLR)
    take the photo of the lady and then take the second exposure for the crowd

3. double exposure (digital methods)
    take photo of lady & blurred crowd separately
    blend both photos in photoshop

these are just my silly theories; you think these methods will work?

Originally posted by behyx
    ask a question:

let say i am crossing a traffic light whereby there's alot of people to and fro, then i have a model standing in front of me, how do i take with the model focus, while all the other people beside are sort of like motion blur?

pls guide me. thanks
    Last edited by zOOm; 26th October 2002 at 12:43 PM.