Thread: Tips for Phuket Trip???

Cool Tips for Phuket Trip???

Hi! I'm going to phuket this weekend... If I may ask for some tips to get a good shot of the sunset, silhouette & outdoor portraiture... Any tips would be greatly apprecaited.
    What kind of filter should I need to get a dramatic shot of the skies.. thansk..

Default Re: Tips for Phuket Trip???

Hi! forgot to mention my camera... I am using EOS350D (kit lens) with EF 1.8 & sigma dg macro 70-300mm.

I just want to ask for general tips of aperture value to use for landscape, silhoutte & outdoor
    portraiture. & also what filter sholud I buy.. thanks..

Suggest you use "A" (Aperture Priority) mode. Set to f/8-f/16
    for landscape under sunny day.

Don't forget to use fill-in flash when taking portraits, if subject
    facing against the sun to avoid dark in face.

Enjoy your trip!

Quote Originally Posted by juncferrer
    Hi! I'm going to phuket this weekend... If I may ask for some tips to get a good shot of the sunset, silhouette & outdoor portraiture... Any tips would be greatly apprecaited.
    What kind of filter should I need to get a dramatic shot of the skies.. thansk..
    Bring a light tripod and a polariser. Will improve your shots for sunset.

wear good outdoor shoes and get a camera backpack that can strap a tripod. cuz the sunset view from promthep sunset viewpoint is damn nice. will have to climb down the rocky path to the rocky shoreline if u want to have better photo opportunities..
    but for street shoots, use a compact digital or film.. much easier to get good closeup shots of people and street scene. a dslr with fast lens can work too but u wont get much of a bargain if u also wanna shop with a huge camera around ur neck.
    enjoy~~
    sigh.

Hi All, Thanks for all your tips... it really helps a lot..

Just came back from my trip & experienced some difficluties in using FILL-IN flash..
    As how I understood it.. I'll set my flash on while taking pictures with shadowed part of the subject... However, I noticed that my EOS350D sets only the shutter to a slow 1/200..
    hence, Im having difficulty adjusting my aperture to wide... because my shots tend to get overexposed.

thanks again..