Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: C730UZ vs C2100?

Originally posted by ItBYTES

one of my friend is using S602Z.. here's what I observed after my Bintan trip with him:
    [1] S602Z has lower power consumption, so the batteries last so much longer than C2100
    [2] the noise reduction in S602Z is good for longer exposure
    [3] C2100 gets hot easily, S602Z is relatively cool and thus less (or no) hot pixel problem

back to the topic of the thread, another friend of mine is using C720, the chromatic abberation is quite bad in broad daylight shots, and it is tough to get a clear picture at full zoom without tripod...

given the choice, I would choose C2100... (or E10)
    I read the above. but it will help if I do not have a DC and am considering between the 2 (2100 vs 602) cameras. But for someone who already has the 2100, it just does not appear to be sufficient reason to change.

Just my gut feel about this and believe that I am right.

ItBYTES
    Guests

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
    why would u choose the c2100uz after all the cons u listed above?
    opps... sorry, I wasn't clear in my posting.. I was comparing between C7XX with C2100 when I say if I were to choose again... not taking S602Z into account...

Originally posted by kaipium
    But for someone who already has the 2100, it just does not appear to be sufficient reason to change.
    This magic words is actually the reason , that the owners of the C2100 , they sleep peacefully and they have stop wondering about the new cameras .
    The C2100 over all , is a fine product ,that some one could keep it for long long time ..

If this 2.1MP baby can take pictures like this one ,i do not care about the rest ..
    Its just the camera with one common UV on it , no other tricks.

Olympus C2100 X3 - E100RS - C220
    IS/L lenses ALL :-D

Originally posted by syncmaster

Its just the camera with one common UV on it , no other tricks.

I thought there also appears to be a star filter involve.......?

Just some comments on this. I've a friend who uses the C700. He tells me that when he uses the 10x zoom, quite a lot of his pics turn out blurry (due to hand shakes I guess).

I use a Olympus C2100 and seldom have this problem.

Though the camera is on the bulky side, I do like the zoom very much.

I thought there also appears to be a star filter involve.......?

Star filter ?
    Any way ,the reflections of the sun in the water cause it ,and the picture was taken as experiment .

I had move to one point that the reflected light of the sun ,was creating one light carpet ,from the spot that i was until the far-est spot that the eye could see in the watter .
    The reflections that was close to my spot turn as stars .
    The camera had compensate the expose ,so the reflections that was further did not show up , and also because of the compensation in the expose , the background turned darker too .

I thought u need a "star filter" to create the "star effect" for the brights reflections in the water?

Pls correct me if I am wrong cos I am a real newbie to this. THanks.

Its ok ..
    I do not know about stars filters , the only thing that i do know is that my camera is one star by it self

You don't actually have to use a starlight filter to get the "star effect"

This is one of my very first pic taken with my C2100 no filter used

hi just wanna say that 1 x extra optical zoom is abt 4x resolution.
    i.e. 35mm - 70mm, at 70mm the resolution is like a 35mm image upsized 200%...

and dun get the panasonic fz1... went to see the yamada's shots wah lau the CA is like 3d comics...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

the c-2100uz is very capable of producing the star effect
    i cant even force it not to

the c-2100uz is very capable of producing the star effect
    i cant even force it not to
    hahahaha good one ....
    What could be the explanation of it !! That the C2100 it haves many parts in the lens system .. and because of the many glass parts , the star effect becomes so easy to happen due the reflections ?

thats one good thing about 602
    but it doesnt have AF assist, monochrome LCD display, remote control shutter release.....
    I never realized the C2100 has a monochrome LCD display.. is this used for focusing?

That comments was about the Fuji , and not for the C2100 !!

The C2100 owners , they see everything in color ,on their cameras .

I was wondering if many other cameras had the buffer feature of the c2100 that allows you to shoot a number of frames continously. I think it's a good idea, but I'm wondering how it works. If the buffer is memory, why does the camera manage to write the photo data to the buffer so much quicker than to the smartmedia card?

Originally posted by Sausage
    I was wondering if many other cameras had the buffer feature of the c2100 that allows you to shoot a number of frames continously. I think it's a good idea, but I'm wondering how it works. If the buffer is memory, why does the camera manage to write the photo data to the buffer so much quicker than to the smartmedia card?
    U can compare that buffer to a cache/ram, and the smartmedia as the hard disk. Of course a buffer is much much faster than a smartmedia card.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123