Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 56

Thread: C730UZ vs C2100?

  1. #1

    Default C730UZ vs C2100?

    Just wondering which will be good for my purposes. I'll be using it for macro work and occasional wildlife shooting, so the zoom might come in handy.

    The C2100 seems unavailable now so I'll have to buy a 2nd hand one.

  2. #2

    Default

    i would support c2100uz for its image stablizer. May come in very handy if u dun have a tripod with u.

  3. #3

    Default

    the C-730z is readily available so it shouldn't be a problem...
    but i think the C2100 is a bit old for mi.... and it's not easy to find... and for the price is high.... C730 is having the same CA problems with the C2100...

    you shooting wildlife might be a little troublsome when you must walk around with a tripod to shot... it would be alot easier if you have IS.... it's up to you

  4. #4
    Midnight
    Guests

    Default

    Originally posted by SianZronG
    C730 is having the same CA problems with the C2100...
    Eh? The C-2100UZ is considered to have one of the best lenses out there for prosumer-level digicams... if you examine sample photos, the CA is definitely minimal with this camera, at least certainly so when compared with the C-7xx series.

    Btw, to the original poster, if you ask me, the main consideration when deciding between the two cameras is this: more megapixels (C-730UZ) or image stabilization (C-2100UZ). I personally would go for IS, but your mileage may vary. Of course, as has already been stated, you have to be able to find a C-2100UZ for sale in the first place...

  5. #5

    Default

    The C2100 is one multi talented camera , this camera does not have age , as long it does everything that the most people need it will keep to be as valuable device for now and the future .

    The C-730 unfortunately it haves some bad control in the area of noise VS resolution , other than that is one fine camera ,but not totally complete as the C2100 .
    Olympus C2100 X3 - E100RS - C220
    IS/L lenses ALL :-D

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    Originally posted by syncmaster
    The C2100 is one multi talented camera , this camera does not have age , as long it does everything that the most people need it will keep to be as valuable device for now and the future .

    The C-730 unfortunately it haves some bad control in the area of noise VS resolution , other than that is one fine camera ,but not totally complete as the C2100 .
    the 2100 was supposed to be a flagship... while the 730 falls under the new "consumer through and through" ethics...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  7. #7

    Default

    Originally posted by denizenx


    the 2100 was supposed to be a flagship... while the 730 falls under the new "consumer through and through" ethics...
    consumer through and through ethics?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    everything is made from cost effective parts lor...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,057

    Default

    sacrifice some feature like min aperture, shutter speed, etc.. heavy menu dependence vs dedicated buttons etc... weak flash plastic body etc etc... LOL sounds like I hate olympus but no lah...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  10. #10

    Default

    Originally posted by denizenx
    sacrifice some feature like min aperture, shutter speed, etc.. heavy menu dependence vs dedicated buttons etc... weak flash plastic body etc etc... LOL sounds like I hate olympus but no lah...
    Yes i have to agree , that the new C7xx users does not have many reasons to feel proud about their cameras , but its not bad cameras .

    It looks that in our days the flagships had become a barely phenomenon .
    Olympus C2100 X3 - E100RS - C220
    IS/L lenses ALL :-D

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Hougang, SG
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    Originally posted by denizenx
    sacrifice some feature like min aperture, shutter speed, etc.. heavy menu dependence vs dedicated buttons etc... weak flash plastic body etc etc... LOL sounds like I hate olympus but no lah...

    Or get the E-20.

  12. #12

    Default

    Does olympus have any plans to come out with a successor to the C2100UZ? Is this the only model with an image stabilizer?

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Sausage, i would think the Olympus C2100Uz is alot better.

    I've handled it before and well, comparing it to the C7XX series (or in this case, my previous camera C700Uz) it is alot better and with IS (which is it's strong point), your shots with your zoom all the way @ 10x, it's a much safer bet when you do not have a tripod handy.

    The down side is it's size...

    Hope this helps.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  14. #14
    Midnight
    Guests

    Default

    Originally posted by Sausage
    Does olympus have any plans to come out with a successor to the C2100UZ? Is this the only model with an image stabilizer?
    As far as we know, Olympus has no plans to make any other digital cameras with IS technology. Apparently, the main reason for this is that since the IS technology is licensed from Canon, the lens system of this camera costs them a lot of money to put in, and it is said that they were losing money on the C-2100UZ after they slashed the price. The camera is effectively discontinued now, but it was definitely among the all-round best digicams ever produced thus far.

  15. #15

    Default

    it seems that no one is producing IS cameras also.... so we prosumers will be waiting for a while

  16. #16
    Moderator sebastiansong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,556
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    just out of curiosity but how much would a 10 month old 2100UZ be worth? I always have the feeling that no one would need it anymore since those who wan it would have already gotten one. Maybe I'll keep this and get a 602. My major complaint without 2100 is the need to get a flash bracket before you can use an external flash.

    however I do agree that the 700 series is more suited for ladies or basically people with smaller hands since it is very compact and the 10X zoom suffers greatly w/o IS. 2100 has the advantage of the weight and feel and allows greater margin for error

  17. #17

    Default

    Originally posted by sebastiansong
    just out of curiosity but how much would a 10 month old 2100UZ be worth? I always have the feeling that no one would need it anymore since those who wan it would have already gotten one. Maybe I'll keep this and get a 602. My major complaint without 2100 is the need to get a flash bracket before you can use an external flash.

    however I do agree that the 700 series is more suited for ladies or basically people with smaller hands since it is very compact and the 10X zoom suffers greatly w/o IS. 2100 has the advantage of the weight and feel and allows greater margin for error
    frankly 700 serise still too big for small hands.... ixus or C-50z might be for small hands....

    anyway you don't have to be a guy to carry a SLR around..... just for your info

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    Originally posted by SianZronG
    it seems that no one is producing IS cameras also.... so we prosumers will be waiting for a while
    there's an IS camera from Panasonic with 12x optical zoom....
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

  19. #19
    Midnight
    Guests

    Default

    Originally posted by sebastiansong
    My major complaint without 2100 is the need to get a flash bracket before you can use an external flash.
    Unless you're using the FL-40 dedicated flash, you can always just tether your flashgun using the appropriate cables and handhold your flash. That's certainly more convenient for those of us who are too lazy to mount a flash bracket (like me ).

  20. #20

    Default

    Originally posted by mpenza


    there's an IS camera from Panasonic with 12x optical zoom....
    that camera reminds mi of the C-2100 same 2.1MP sensor.... dosen't make much of a break though.... maybe a 4MP with this zoom and IS capabilities will work though....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •