Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Great'

Default Re: 'Great'

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    duh.... take pic of the 'great' part... what else u wanted to show the technicians?
    how to take, when my cam is spoilt huh? use hp cam ar?
    Have you read IT???

Quote Originally Posted by esmondng
    Wah i tot where got so good one. My driving instructor horrible last time. Whole lesson nv teach anithing. Just say "drive loh". Then keep talking about gals and asking me to look at gals we drive past!!!! Weren't i suppose to be looking at the road??? Wahahaha....
    I believe that your instructor wasnt a committed and serious one. Sure he love teaching those girls
    Have you read IT???

hmm i dun mind getting paid to be a photography instructor thou... will bring her to the most ulu places in singapore...
    Ulu ar? Hmmm more conducive place to learn bahz.
    Have you read IT???

take MRT to commonwealth station, the building is just by the main road behind the church.

should be going down tomorrow, after i finish my last 1/2 roll of film...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Eh? I thought you bought a digital body? So are you still using film or digital or a mixture of both?

Quote Originally Posted by yeocolin
    Eh? I thought you bought a digital body? So are you still using film or digital or a mixture of both?
    bought a D7D den a D7... shooting only slides...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

bought a D7D den a D7... shooting only slides...
    Good old slides!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum
    Good old slides!
    anyway i am a film idiot... hehe... i only know 2 slides... provia & velvia... now my 4th roll only...

anyway i am a film idiot... hehe... i only know 2 slides... provia & velvia... now my 4th roll only...
    Well, if you can almost pin-point every exposure when shooting slides (of course not those with a few f-stops difference lar). Shooting digital will be almost chicken feet. Me still a long way to reach that standard man!

I mainly shoot provia for my own works. Ilford for the occasional black and white and negatives for my assignments for other people. Just love my D7 and still learning to use it, relearning some of the lesser used features and learning to improve my pictures.

Keep each other informed if you find somebody offering quality bulk roll provia for sale.

I mainly shoot provia for my own works. Ilford for the occasional black and white and negatives for my assignments for other people. Just love my D7 and still learning to use it, relearning some of the lesser used features and learning to improve my pictures.

Keep each other informed if you find somebody offering quality bulk roll provia for sale.
    Just curious to ask. What kind of colour & lighting of the day is best captured with Provia? Or you use it mainly in a studio? Care to share? Thanks.

Well, if you can almost pin-point every exposure when shooting slides (of course not those with a few f-stops difference lar). Shooting digital will be almost chicken feet. Me still a long way to reach that standard man!
    dunno is it me or wat, i find that its easier to shoot with slides than digital...

dunno is it me or wat, i find that its easier to shoot with slides than digital...
    Digital does not capture white texture as good as film does. Just take the wedding gown for example. The white's usually turns out in wash out colour (but that depends on situations). Almost no details at all when using flash. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Or is there any other way to capture it properly?
    Last edited by Spectrum; 3rd November 2005 at 01:25 PM.

Digital does not capture white texture as good as film does. Just take the wedding gown for example. The white's usually turns out in wash out colour (but that depends on situations). Almost no details at all when using flash. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Or is there any other way to capture it properly?
    use high/low key effect? (zone matching)

anyway, on slides i normally shoot outdoor landscape, the colors look nicer, the clouds have gradients, something digital dun have...

Quote Originally Posted by lil_princess
    Ulu ar? Hmmm more conducive place to learn bahz.
    which conducive environment u prefer? let me know, i dun mind going the extra mile...

public holiday got open meh?

which conducive environment u prefer? let me know, i dun mind going the extra mile...
    dunno leh.... anyway hapoy holiday!!!!
    Have you read IT???

Quote Originally Posted by lil_princess
    public holiday got open meh?

dunno leh.... anyway hapoy holiday!!!!
    see the time i posted... technically is tomorrow lor...

anyway, sianz, today din even touch my shutter button...

Just curious to ask. What kind of colour & lighting of the day is best captured with Provia? Or you use it mainly in a studio? Care to share? Thanks.
    Provia is quite a general purpose professional slide, so can use in a broad spectrum of purposes. I haven't found any purpose which provia don't handle well.

It doesn't matter what film you use for colour or lighting of day. Most film are daylight film, so you would expect colour cast when used in various artificial light (eg. green cast in fluorescent lamp). As usual, shoot at dawn/dusk for spectacular landscape etc. The rules of film (eg. reciprocity failure), daylight/tungsten balanced film etc all still have to be obeyed irregardless of what film you use.

Some would discourage extra saturated colour film for portraiture use, such as Velvia. Macro photographers would use velvia for that extra punchy colours. They may also rate velvia50 as iso40 to furthur push the saturation.

Provia is quite a general purpose professional slide, so can use in a broad spectrum of purposes. I haven't found any purpose which provia don't handle well.

It doesn't matter what film you use for colour or lighting of day. Most film are daylight film, so you would expect colour cast when used in various artificial light (eg. green cast in fluorescent lamp). As usual, shoot at dawn/dusk for spectacular landscape etc. The rules of film (eg. reciprocity failure), daylight/tungsten balanced film etc all still have to be obeyed irregardless of what film you use.

Some would discourage extra saturated colour film for portraiture use, such as Velvia. Macro photographers would use velvia for that extra punchy colours. They may also rate velvia50 as iso40 to furthur push the saturation.
    so Velvia more saturated than Provia?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast