Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LEICA Q - A vision to behold! PHOTOS Added!

Default Re: LEICA Q - A vision to behold!

Let's go crazy!

Have to admit that an articulated LCD would have helped greatly, but that deviates from the Leica philosophy even further.

ISO 200, 0.8 seconds, f/5.6 Seated cross-legged, with camera cupped in hands, elbows resting on thighs.

ISO 200, 1.6 seconds, f/8 Seated cross-legged, with camera cupped in hands, elbows resting on thighs.

ISO 200, 3 seconds, f/11 Seated cross-legged, with camera cupped in hands, elbows resting on thighs. Neck is really aching by now.

ISO 200, 6 seconds, f/16 At this point, I gave up!!! I think 3 seconds was the best compromise between sharpness and me not going totally crazy.

After trying repeatedly to hand-hold the Leica Q for 6 second blocks of exposure, my eyes were bugged, my neck ached badly and I was bent over like the hunchback of notre dame. So I stretched myself out to shoot more conservative exposures, but the earlier series really took it out of me.

One of my Misses!!!

ISO 200, 1.6 seconds, f/9 Hand-held with elbows resting on some sort of platform at the end of the bridge. I trashed a LOT of shots here.

Ok, not happy. Let's redeem myself ... at least once.

ISO 200, 1.6 seconds, f/9

Then I called it quits from these crazy exposure times ... I though so anyway.

Some easier shots ...

ISO 200, 1/15, f/2 I played cheat. I placed the camera on the grass.

ISO 400, 1/6, f/1.8 Off-Hand.

ISO 800, 1/5, f/3.2 Off-Hand. I could get used to easier exposures!

To end off, a short MP4 video of the light performance, and also a daylight shot demonstrating the Leica Q's OIS.

Video was hand-held, hence the jerkiness. Leaning body against scaffolding. The wind-filter was also very impressive at cancelling out noise. This was just beside the Singapore River.

And some motion-blur. I think I missed the turtle and my focusing spot was on the hub. I was dizzy.

ISO 100, 0.3 seconds, f/16

After all that, let's have a little bite:

Tiong Bahru Boneless. Even though it's a casual snap-shot, it's beautifully rendered by the Leica Q with it's superlative Leica Summilux 28mm f/1.7 ASPH lens.

ISO 200, 1/200, f/3.2

And to top a nice meal off, some traditional Chinese Cookies, but not from Chinatown. I asked Kenneth Goh of 'Guai Shu Shu' (https://kwgls.wordpress.com/) if he could do something for my review, and he baked this specially! I could not shoot with natural light at Kenneth's place (I used LEDs - URRGH!) as Kenneth was busy creating another recipe for his very successful blog, but the upside was a dozen beautifully fluffy, and delicious 'Sio Pows'! It doesn't look as light and fluffy probably because I used a knife to cut it open, and that 'compressed' the flour a bit.

I must offer my thanks and appreciation to Leica AP, especially Lee, Maya and Ruth (the Yoga girls) and Kenneth for all their help in this review!
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 25th November 2015 at 04:26 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12