Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 50

Thread: Paris under attack

  1. #1
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Paris under attack

    https://news.yahoo.com/live-blog-fat...214128710.html

    Random violence killed at least 40. Hostages taken.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,544

    Default Re: Paris under attack

    It is tit for tat because of Jihadi John I bet. Likely a confirmation that the Brit was indeed turned to charred parts. I imagine GB and USA might have an event this weekend. Madness. Not even worth talking about really. Want to get it on get it on then...
    Expand your mind or get left behind

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,182

    Default

    Friday the 13th for them btw. Recently France bomb terrorist country, this kind of happening expected. Eventually, one day, whole world left with half of the population due to wars and natural disasters also possible.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  4. #4
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    https://news.yahoo.com/live-blog-fat...214128710.html Random violence killed at least 40. Hostages taken.
    Not random, pre planned.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,544

    Default Re: Paris under attack

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Not random, pre planned.
    It is obvious to me. France does not and have not for a very long time allowed any citizen to have assault rifles and definitely not explosives. The fact these guys do smells funny too if you ask me. I would say WW3 is off and running now wouldn't you agree? I mean with Russian airliners blown out the of the sky, stabbings in the Levant along with the other horrors going on there, and now this which surely invites some sort of response. Also airliners going down in Ukraine and mysterious crashes in Asia. And to top it all off we have this idiot Carson over here saying China is on the ground in Syria too. Buckle up gentlemen I think we are fixing to go into hyperdrive.

    BTW USA violated a major missile treaty twice last weekend...Russia leaks nuclear torpedo drone...

    These renegade leaders cannot continue to just go around destroying sovereign countries without having any consequences. Really sorry situation that untold numbers of innocent people have been killed, maimed, and displaced by all this crap. Humans never learn.
    Last edited by Nikonzen; 14th November 2015 at 09:46 AM.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

  6. #6
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,544

    Default Re: Paris under attack

    The big question concerning these Paris attacks specifically is who in the heck is orchestrating it and what is the message being conveyed???
    Expand your mind or get left behind

  7. #7
    Senior Member Dfive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore lah....
    Posts
    3,106

    Default Re: Paris under attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikonzen View Post
    The big question concerning these Paris attacks specifically is who in the heck is orchestrating it and what is the message being conveyed???
    Just watch CNN and BBC....and watch the posts on The Guardian New Site - All the info is there first.
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,544

    Default Re: Paris under attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Dfive View Post
    Just watch CNN and BBC....and watch the posts on The Guardian New Site - All the info is there first.
    I give little credence to any of that or else I would go insane...I am just watching the wind blow and the water flow.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

  9. #9
    Senior Member Dfive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore lah....
    Posts
    3,106

    Default Re: Paris under attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikonzen View Post
    I give little credence to any of that or else I would go insane...I am just watching the wind blow and the water flow.
    Fly to Paris see it live then...

    Its all unfolding still and for sure attackers are still loose out there.

    The fact they knew one location had NIL security checks in place makes this a very organised attack.

    For now my thoughts are those that died - the innocent ones.

    For those in Paris - stay safe when you wake up this morning.

    And for anyone out there who is associated with ISIS - Go and f'ing die in a hole!
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,544

    Default Re: Paris under attack

    A little diversion for your reading pleasure...and perhaps a few indirect answers as well...Merchants of Death

    Yes...tragic about those people...consequences.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

  11. #11
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Paris under attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikonzen View Post
    The big question concerning these Paris attacks specifically is who in the heck is orchestrating it and what is the message being conveyed???

    You know. I know but you and I can not say it or we are shout down as bigot, racist and the big "I" word. This is not the end for the longest time but beginning and too sensitive to talk in CS to get anywhere. Futile. So long no one dare to start a real discussion without bias, allowed by any country on a world stage to speak up, protected from promised of violent (fatwa) or simply shout down by kiasu politicians, self interest corporation and radical SJWs/ religious leaders who will use the victim card angle.. this will never go away.

    Google is your friend people. Just check on Sweden, Holland and Germany alone... to view stories that are croping up more and more. This was not so much about Jihad John. The preparation has been long and not something you do over night or due to news about JJ's 'death by drone'. Ready made bombs for all occasions when you least expect. Paris was a good example to send a reminder of their intent. When the Parisian magazine that dare stand up to the radicals with caricatures in the end decided to give up doing it, that signal a stance of weakness which the radical did cheers when the news came out and they did say the world can expect more as they press their cause forward..

    No better place to do this to confirm that they are STILL winning. And doing it this close to home and not in the middle east. Who dare to say anything without worrying about the promise of violent and actually carrying it out? that is the only reason of all the religious ideology, how many can you think of that people dare to question without worrying of being shouted down or killed?

    I have seen glimpses of it when I was in Europe the last couple of years and it is growing. No one intimidate me more then them over the white folks i interact with.

    I have an analogy... You can take the girl out of the go-go-bar scene but you can't take the go-go bar mentality out of the girl. * get off my rant box*

    ;P
    Last edited by sammy888; 14th November 2015 at 04:08 PM.
    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

  12. #12

    Default

    I say just use the f##king chemical and bio warfare, including mustard gas, orange agent, smallpox virus on all ISIS strongholds and let them die!

  13. #13
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Paris under attack

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    I say just use the f##king chemical and bio warfare, including mustard gas, orange agent, smallpox virus on all ISIS strongholds and let them die!
    You can't lah...you think war is fair and everyone play gentleman? heh.. They hide themselves among women and children thru out settlements. They also use hospitals to heal their own using innocent doctors and staff. Your stain of involvement is already mixed into that big jar of water.you can not now decide to just pull out your own stain water from the mixed liquid. It takes a very pragmatic and very cold strategy to solve this problem now but who will dare do this but a sociopath? We dare not even called a spade a spade left along want to take action heh.

    It's the same with the immigrants and refugees... they are now in your country and all over the place. Some are already 2nd generation citizen who do not embrace the culture of the land but choose to stay closed minded and fight to preserve hard core ideology and just will not assimilate and tolerate others who differ from them. How are you going to pinpoint out the bad apples to throw back into middle east? Especially if they are an European citizen who have their rights and they use those rights to anchor themselves where they are. There is no need to worry about an invading army marching towards you to attack. They are already inside your borders. I remember a time when we see news of refugees that need help, they are weak, barely any food to eat that why will eat anything, with many too sick that a lot of help to get them in was required.

    These lots you keep seeing in so many news, are young fit strong well built looking male mainly. Many they found have abandon their passports and other papers that show they are not even from Syrian for example but they join the crowd to get into these rich European union. They refuse to stay in other middle east country but choose to move higher up thru various countries to target the rich ones with great welfare schemes they can abuse. Smart to also play the victim card to blame their predicament due to the western war on middle east, the colonial army days of slavery, German nazis crime...etc. All the old war and history to justify why they are here, they need help, money, not normal food but good food, not plain water but better stuff you find in supermarket.

    It is going to take a lot of blood to solve this and there will be more spilled before it gets better. The glue is religious doctrine. Which in Singapore even discussing and have opposing view can be considered a hate crime. I think we should be happy we do not have to face this yet. But I have always keep one eye on this issue for years. Political pressure is what other nations are using to force and taunt other countries to take in refugees. It's a case of, if I have to suffer thru it, you better take some to suffer along with me too mentality. That also mean not drawing light to negative news about them like rapes and forced use of German homes to house the refugees.

    So we can only dance at the edge of the discussion or risk it being shut down here too heheh.. Problem about that is, shut down or not, it is a real problem that is over the other side today. It is at your beach front tomorrow.
    Last edited by sammy888; 14th November 2015 at 04:56 PM.
    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,544

    Default Re: Paris under attack

    A little about JJ. Every where news is gloating about we have them contained, we have them on the run, we got him, we blew him to charred pieces. If you read almost every one of these stories it says "he was killed down the street from IS headquarters by three drones" They have a HQ building still standing? Who they worried about killing if they hit building? Kerry...McCain...Lavrov???
    Last edited by Nikonzen; 15th November 2015 at 12:06 AM.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

  15. #15
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Paris under attack

    The Paris Attacks: Europe Continues to Bleed

    https://youtu.be/9XLx4-VMoy8

    https://youtu.be/GiQuCdv3A98
    Last edited by sammy888; 15th November 2015 at 04:01 AM.
    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Paris under attack

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    You know. I know but you and I can not say it or we are shout down as bigot, racist and the big "I" word. This is not the end for the longest time but beginning and too sensitive to talk in CS to get anywhere. Futile. So long no one dare to start a real discussion without bias, allowed by any country on a world stage to speak up, protected from promised of violent (fatwa) or simply shout down by kiasu politicians, self interest corporation and radical SJWs/ religious leaders who will use the victim card angle.. this will never go away.

    Google is your friend people. Just check on Sweden, Holland and Germany alone... to view stories that are croping up more and more. This was not so much about Jihad John. The preparation has been long and not something you do over night or due to news about JJ's 'death by drone'. Ready made bombs for all occasions when you least expect. Paris was a good example to send a reminder of their intent. When the Parisian magazine that dare stand up to the radicals with caricatures in the end decided to give up doing it, that signal a stance of weakness which the radical did cheers when the news came out and they did say the world can expect more as they press their cause forward..

    No better place to do this to confirm that they are STILL winning. And doing it this close to home and not in the middle east. Who dare to say anything without worrying about the promise of violent and actually carrying it out? that is the only reason of all the religious ideology, how many can you think of that people dare to question without worrying of being shouted down or killed?

    I have seen glimpses of it when I was in Europe the last couple of years and it is growing. No one intimidate me more then them over the white folks i interact with.

    I have an analogy... You can take the girl out of the go-go-bar scene but you can't take the go-go bar mentality out of the girl. * get off my rant box*

    ;P
    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    You can't lah...you think war is fair and everyone play gentleman? heh.. They hide themselves among women and children thru out settlements. They also use hospitals to heal their own using innocent doctors and staff. Your stain of involvement is already mixed into that big jar of water.you can not now decide to just pull out your own stain water from the mixed liquid. It takes a very pragmatic and very cold strategy to solve this problem now but who will dare do this but a sociopath? We dare not even called a spade a spade left along want to take action heh.

    It's the same with the immigrants and refugees... they are now in your country and all over the place. Some are already 2nd generation citizen who do not embrace the culture of the land but choose to stay closed minded and fight to preserve hard core ideology and just will not assimilate and tolerate others who differ from them. How are you going to pinpoint out the bad apples to throw back into middle east? Especially if they are an European citizen who have their rights and they use those rights to anchor themselves where they are. There is no need to worry about an invading army marching towards you to attack. They are already inside your borders. I remember a time when we see news of refugees that need help, they are weak, barely any food to eat that why will eat anything, with many too sick that a lot of help to get them in was required.

    These lots you keep seeing in so many news, are young fit strong well built looking male mainly. Many they found have abandon their passports and other papers that show they are not even from Syrian for example but they join the crowd to get into these rich European union. They refuse to stay in other middle east country but choose to move higher up thru various countries to target the rich ones with great welfare schemes they can abuse. Smart to also play the victim card to blame their predicament due to the western war on middle east, the colonial army days of slavery, German nazis crime...etc. All the old war and history to justify why they are here, they need help, money, not normal food but good food, not plain water but better stuff you find in supermarket.

    It is going to take a lot of blood to solve this and there will be more spilled before it gets better. The glue is religious doctrine. Which in Singapore even discussing and have opposing view can be considered a hate crime. I think we should be happy we do not have to face this yet. But I have always keep one eye on this issue for years. Political pressure is what other nations are using to force and taunt other countries to take in refugees. It's a case of, if I have to suffer thru it, you better take some to suffer along with me too mentality. That also mean not drawing light to negative news about them like rapes and forced use of German homes to house the refugees.

    So we can only dance at the edge of the discussion or risk it being shut down here too heheh.. Problem about that is, shut down or not, it is a real problem that is over the other side today. It is at your beach front tomorrow.

    After all these long posts do you have the time to do anything else?
    Last edited by Sion; 15th November 2015 at 06:37 AM.

  17. #17

  18. #18
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Paris under attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    After all these long posts do you have the time to do anything else?
    This actually is one of my pet pursuit for decades. So no.. it is not time consuming. just play a bit of catch up every now and again. It is worth keeping up with along with some other causes I believe in as it has far reaching influence in work and play. Just because no one dare to speak about it openly does not mean things are not happening. 140+ ppl found that out the hard way.

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tack-West.html
    Last edited by sammy888; 15th November 2015 at 08:50 PM.
    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Paris under attack

    A long read, and more than a little alarming...

    What Isis really wants

    http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...ticle-comments

  20. #20

    Default Re: Paris under attack

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    After all these long posts do you have the time to do anything else?
    I think he is prepared to share. It is Ok to more and precise.

    Pse continue Sammy... I like it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •