Thread: cokin P173 blue-yellow polariser

Default cokin P173 blue-yellow polariser

Anyone uses this with success? I like the surreal images it gives but half of the filter is blue and the other half yellow, so how to use it well? being polariser, need to rotate to get good polarising effect, yet when you turn, half the pic got blue the other got yellow rite? so are you stuck to always keeping the blue in the top half for the sky and yellow for the bottom half? ie. cannot rotate?

I thought you use this with a circular polarisor (this one is square right?).
    You rotate the polarisor and the effect changes from blue to yellow and all the steps in between...

I tot circular pol only refers to the way the lens is polarised and not it's actual physical shape? and yup I used to think you rotate and it'll( the entire pic) go from one end blue to the other end yellow and inbtwn shades (even shades thru out pic), but then I saw the actual filter and half is blue and the other yellow. so I don't think the whole pic will have the same colour effect?

Originally posted by hoppinghippo
    I tot circular pol only refers to the way the lens is polarised and not it's actual physical shape? and yup I used to think you rotate and it'll( the entire pic) go from one end blue to the other end yellow and inbtwn shades (even shades thru out pic), but then I saw the actual filter and half is blue and the other yellow. so I don't think the whole pic will have the same colour effect?
    Yep you're right about the shape thingy but I think you need to use the 2 in tandem to see the effect. Or I could be looking at the wrong filter here. What's your filter number?

Oops.. just realised it's the header of your post :P