Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winter Clothing

Default Re: Winter Clothing

Quote Originally Posted by exhibitj
    Thanks skinnylatte and all!
    From the response, i guess that i shld be getting my winter wear there!

I'll be going to Seoul and Jeju, then to some ski-resort. I heard from my friends that it's vv cold in the city (Seoul) during the Christmas period, average high ard 1~2 deg. Would a normal jacket over 2 layers of clothes suffice?
    Was there for xmas few years back.

Jeju is not that cold but other place can go -25 deg if you going up mountain or even near to mountain area...

A pair of good shoe and sock is very important or you will feel cold even on coach

Quote Originally Posted by boroangel
    Last time I was at a ski resort there then got 2 aunties (around 50+) sitting at the Mac there and eat...warau their brown leather trenchcoat....then machiam like superstar yet not out of place...bery bery nice...

Sianz manz...was supposed to go F&E to Korea and then do driving trip in Jeju but because of budget have to go China...must be so shiok driving along the coast on Jeju and stopping at your own time to take photos...

Threadstarter, do post pics of Jeju next time...cant find them in here...
    Sure will post photos when i return from the trip!

I always like the idea of a F&E trip, own time own target, anytime feel like stopping to take photo anywhere, no restrictions to do so~!

Quote Originally Posted by soyabean
    hi.
    december in seoul is quite cold. brrr...
    i am from korea and that's part of reason why i am in singapore now

as everyone suggested, it would be better to get winter clothes there.
    dongdaemoon market is good. it's open basically all day & nite
    - retail during day, wholesale at nite.
    but it's crazy place and you would have to bargain, bargain.

another place you could try is 'express bus terminal' subway stop underground arcade.
    it's a long long stretch of small shops(almost long as orchard road)
    and you can find good bargains there.
    at the far end of stretch, there are few shops that sells US labels like 'gap' 'abercrombie&fitch' for $1, $3 or $5. think they are factory over-runs and slight irregulars but quite good. just have to dig thru piles of clothes among so many fiesty aunties... pure exercise.

best bet is to buy pait of long-johns you can wear inside rather than getting bulki coat you will never wear again. Cold weather in Korea is not feeling cold outside of your body but rather it creeps inside your body... strange it might seems.

have good time in korea and let me know if you need any help on where you want to visit aside from touristy area. there are many places in seoul that are not just concretes and shopping!
    Hi Soyabean, thanks alot!

Like to ask, how's the shopping in Jeju, cos i'll be heading straight there once I arrive in Incheon and I don't think i have time to do shopping in between the transfer domestic flight to Jeju. Maybe in the airport? Or in Tapdong Street in Jeju? Heard that it is like Seoul's Dongdaemon market!

Sure will post photos when i return from the trip!

I always like the idea of a F&E trip, own time own target, anytime feel like stopping to take photo anywhere, no restrictions to do so~!
    So I suppose you are doing F & E too? Have you planned how to get around Jeju? I did quite a lot of research on it and you can rent a car and do the numerous driving routes around Jeju, along the coast etc. Signboards there are all written in Mandarin, Korean and English. Having a car also allows you to get up early and drive for places like Sunrise Peak for sunrise shoots. Do note that its left hand driving, so different from Singapore ...if you are an experienced driver should be ok...

Anyway, do check out the KNTO website and Virtual Tourist for more information.

sorry i can't help you much with jeju.. i haven't been there myself and hard to say!
    they will definetely have shopping but it won't be like seoul for sure.
    plus jeju's winter is not as cold as other places in Korea.

If you haven't looked at this site, check it our
    http://welcome.jeju.go.kr/

rgds

try the winter wear store in one of the shophouse along South Bridge Road (Fook On Building) passed by before, large selection, prices look reasonable and affordable also. somewhere after Boat Quay and before One George Street along the main road.
    Last edited by eikin; 30th October 2005 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    try the winter wear store in one of the shophouse along South Bridge Road (Fook On Building) passed by before, large selection, prices look reasonable and affordable also. somewhere after Boat Quay and before One George Street along the main road.

Thanks eikin! Will head down to take a look soon!

Just saw some Timberland winter wear at one of their stores! Very classy and stylo but also very expensive. Hopefully over at Korea have such designs and quality, but much cheaper!

Quote Originally Posted by boroangel
    Last time I was at a ski resort there then got 2 aunties (around 50+) sitting at the Mac there and eat...warau their brown leather trenchcoat....then machiam like superstar yet not out of place...bery bery nice...

Sianz manz...was supposed to go F&E to Korea and then do driving trip in Jeju but because of budget have to go China...must be so shiok driving along the coast on Jeju and stopping at your own time to take photos...

Threadstarter, do post pics of Jeju next time...cant find them in here...

Have a look at here: http://forum.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=170403

P/S: the Korean Ajummas are indeed vv fashionable, like what skinnylatte said. I was impressed!

Have a look at here: http://forum.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=170403

P/S: the Korean Ajummas are indeed vv fashionable, like what skinnylatte said. I was impressed!
    So did u do F & E and drive around Jeju?

Didnt do F&E in Jeju. Maybe next time when i can understand their road signs!

MRattu
    Guests

Here are some directories from where you can find the information about traders, buyers, sellers and wholesalers are as follows:

Wholesale Batteries |Stock Brokers Directory | Canadian Wholesalers and Dropshippers Directory |
    Australia Wholesalers and Dropshippers

Quote Originally Posted by MRattu View Post
    Here are some directories from where you can find the information about traders, buyers, sellers and wholesalers are as follows:

Wholesale Batteries |Stock Brokers Directory | Canadian Wholesalers and Dropshippers Directory |
    Australia Wholesalers and Dropshippers
    ????? Dude.... 1 year late.

Blog Entries

you mean 2 years late

thread closed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12