Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Cleaning a camera, how much and where?

  1. #1

    Default Cleaning a camera, how much and where?

    cos this camera is quite old.. when i look thru the viewfinder, can see some blackie dots... confirm it's not the lense, but i took a cotton bud to gently clean the mirror, but no use... so where can i give this camera a through clean?

    the cam is Minolta X-700

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default Re: Cleaning a camera, how much and where?

    Originally posted by behyx
    cos this camera is quite old.. when i look thru the viewfinder, can see some blackie dots... confirm it's not the lense, but i took a cotton bud to gently clean the mirror, but no use... so where can i give this camera a through clean?

    the cam is Minolta X-700
    Black dots are usually not a lens or mirror problem, but very likely dust on the focussing screen. I am not so sure whether the X700 has a removeable one though.

    You can go to the usual places like Camera Workshop, etc to have it cleaned. Probably won't cost a lot.

    Regards
    CK

  3. #3

    Default Re: Re: Cleaning a camera, how much and where?

    Originally posted by ckiang


    Black dots are usually not a lens or mirror problem, but very likely dust on the focussing screen. I am not so sure whether the X700 has a removeable one though.

    You can go to the usual places like Camera Workshop, etc to have it cleaned. Probably won't cost a lot.

    Regards
    CK
    can i have their address and tel?
    so that i can call and enquiry.

    or do any of you are so kind enough to help me clean?? thanks!!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default Re: Re: Re: Cleaning a camera, how much and where?

    Originally posted by behyx


    can i have their address and tel?
    so that i can call and enquiry.

    or do any of you are so kind enough to help me clean?? thanks!!
    Camera Workshop is in Penisula Hotel. I don't have the tel. no, but I think you can easily look it up.

    Regards
    CK

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •