Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chan Brothers! What should I do?

Default Re: Chan Brothers! What should I do?

I understand how you feel. It's not about the free gift or freebies, but the principle of the matter, that you felt cheated.

You could, and should, lodge a complaint with the manager of Chan Brothers. Whether they would entertain you would depend on their service levels and how committed they are to customer service. However, it is perfectly normal in Singapore if they were to keep to the original deal, as there is no black & white from the tour consultant. You only have his word for it.

You can continue to pester the tour consultant, but it should not cause you to not enjoy your trip. Just go for the trip at the end of the day, enjoy yourself and take some nice photos to show us at clubsnap. After all, you paid for the trip already, right?

Quote Originally Posted by blive
    I understand how you feel. It's not about the free gift or freebies, but the principle of the matter, that you felt cheated.

You could, and should, lodge a complaint with the manager of Chan Brothers. Whether they would entertain you would depend on their service levels and how committed they are to customer service. However, it is perfectly normal in Singapore if they were to keep to the original deal, as there is no black & white from the tour consultant. You only have his word for it.

You can continue to pester the tour consultant, but it should not cause you to not enjoy your trip. Just go for the trip at the end of the day, enjoy yourself and take some nice photos to show us at clubsnap. After all, you paid for the trip already, right?
    Paid the deposit liaoz...

Hey you nick reminds me of this thread!! No wonder i find your nick kinda familar....boro...

My signature will tell you who my heart is with.

hehe...what a coincidence.........

My sympathies man. I know how it feels. Kena something like that before. Like book 2 weeks before NATAS then when NATAS comes, discover that price of package is slightly more only but get Samsonite Trolley bag, MP3 player etc...

but hey...think about these:

1. Salesman only obliged to lower your sales prices (i.e. refund) if the next fair offers the SAME package @ a lower rate. Premiums not included.

2. Also, if the subsequent fair is not organised by Chan Bros then they have NO CONTROL over the premiums to award customers.

3. Besides....do you know where their office is? Some Cheena building somewhere in CHinatown where you feel like you'd just step back in time. Somemore, if you drive, kena ERP and damn tough to find carpark. Sometimes, suay-suay kena traffic warden because did not change coupon (due to long queue upstairs). Somemore, if want to avoid crowd on weekend then have to 'ciak-cua' (eat snake) and come hopefull to settle matters fast (never happens by the way).

So...not worth it lah for $10. Save it up and enjoy your trip. For all you know, sekali you push your weight around and manager black-mark you then on the trip give you lousy seat on aircraft (next to toilet, crying baby, jet engine or a combination of ALL) then lagi worse right? UNLESS...

...the premium is a cool LUMIX digital cam, then....

(last sentence thrown in to keep with the theme of this forum!)

Bon Voyage

Quote Originally Posted by Picard

So...not worth it lah for $10. Save it up and enjoy your trip. For all you know, sekali you push your weight around and manager black-mark you then on the trip give you lousy seat on aircraft (next to toilet, crying baby, jet engine or a combination of ALL) then lagi worse right? UNLESS...

Bon Voyage
    Actually I think the freebies cost more than $10........For the seats go earlier and check in then ask for the seats yourself lor.......but in the event that the consultant is not in cahoots with the manager (which I doubt cos they should know whats going on, hes very lao jiao there lehz).....also dont wanna make things difficult for him...everyones just trying to make a living...I suspect its more of a management issue/decision and its kinda a loophole for customers who book early...I mean...like the management know that this kind of thing is gonna crop up so they push out offers in travel fairs offering freebies rather than lower tour packages...a loophole which I overlooked when I booked...

Quote Originally Posted by boroangel
    Have a dilemmna here which I would like to hear your opinions...

About 2 to 3 weeks ago I went down to Chan Brothers Travel to book a tour package to China. While there, we asked about the number of people who had booked on that day and the tour consultant said that they have another upcoming travel fair (which was on last sat and sun) and more people will join up. Knowing that usualyl travel fairs give better deals, we wanted to wait for the fair before we book but he assured us that we will get the same deal as the fair if prices were lower etc. SO we booked.

For the travel fair we came to know that they were giving out freebies such as coffee maker or a mini fridge although the price of the package was just $10 more than what we paid. So I called the consultant this morning and he said no more freebies liao...I said WHAT? and he replied that he will go talk to his manager and call me back. Now still waiting for his reply.

I have to see what he says before I decide what steps to take...btu I was thining if he says he cant do anything...I should go talk to his manager...if they still wont make up that freebie maybe ask for cash rebates? What if they still say cannot? Complain to CASE?

Ok some may think I am cheapskate but the point is we are being penalised for actually booking earlier? And we had wanted to book at the fair but he assured us that we will get an equal deal to what was offered during the fair. Comeon...a mini fridge cant cost $10????

Very peeved now to be honest
    Goodness, gracious me.

For the sake of an extra $10, a couple of freebies and u're hopping in anger? I'd suggest u expend that energy elsewhere, like shooting great photos.

I'm not damn sure what the fuss is with a coffee maker or a mini-fridge which I guess would be useless to u.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Goodness, gracious me.

For the sake of an extra $10, a couple of freebies and u're hopping in anger? I'd suggest u expend that energy elsewhere, like shooting great photos.

I'm not damn sure what the fuss is with a coffee maker or a mini-fridge which I guess would be useless to u.
    Yup...dont need them actually...

But still have a feeling of being cheated...

I book my trip at Natas and got a lot of freebies during the fair......I never bother to check out any other promotions after making payment....and I came back from my trip last weekend...I thouroughly enjoy the trip with nothing screw up To me the reputation and service of the agent is the most important.....I would say forget about the whole thing and look forward to your tour

Aiyah, so troublesome. Go F&E. Everything u settle urself.

If there's anyone u're kicking ass, it'll u urself since no one but u can screw up things.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12