Thread: [video] Watch People in Other Industries React Hilariously to Being Asked for Free Sp

Default [video] Watch People in Other Industries React Hilariously to Being Asked for Free Sp

Not sure if anybody post this before.... Moderator, please remove if this is a duplicate.

http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/watch-...ec-work-167945
    Nikon D90||Nikon 12-24mm f2.8||Nikon 17-55 f2.8||Sigma 50-150 f2.8||Nikon 35 f1.8

Blog Entries

Default Re: Free Services.

Thanks for the share. Photographers and designers need to wake up...

Weekend before last I installed some side curtain airbags in a vehicle for an old friend. He called wanting to know what he owed me...I said nothing bro. I was going over on that side of town anyway and it took me a half hour and was easy. Gratis bro. He said I will buy you lunch your choice. Right on. Have done much business with him in the past made lots of money off him. He got the freebie.

That being said "Arbeit macht frei" is BS. Nothing is free.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nikonzen View Post
    Weekend before last I installed some side curtain airbags in a vehicle for an old friend. He called wanting to know what he owed me...I said nothing bro. I was going over on that side of town anyway and it took me a half hour and was easy. Gratis bro. He said I will buy you lunch your choice. Right on. Have done much business with him in the past made lots of money off him. He got the freebie.

Your case is different Jeff. After some long sustained business, sometimes throwing in something for free is a great way to keep up the customer relationship... but doing free work with "promise" of future work is complete BS bro...

Maybe charging a cheap rate for services is even a bigger sin/mistake...
    Expand your mind or get left behind

Maybe charging a cheap rate for services is even a bigger sin/mistake...
    Both equally bad IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Your case is different Jeff. After some long sustained business, sometimes throwing in something for free is a great way to keep up the customer relationship... but doing free work with "promise" of future work is complete BS bro...
    Exactly, there is HUGE differences between building a business relationship, vs a predatory client killing a photographer by empty promises of more work and 'exposure'. Very often the next time these predators will hunt for a new gullible photographer. Right here in Clubsnap there is quite a number of account holders are doing these, some events companies, some moms who had been giving birth, some 'couples' from a neighbouring country (donno why always from that country, for political correctness cannot mention), they only login when they need to make free use of a photographer.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    OK mah .. I am sure got ppl who dont mind do graffiti for free and without getting into trouble with the law.

Pay peanuts u get monkeys