Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: XI WAKE UP

  1. #21

    Default Re: XI WAKE UP

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    Your reasoning is simplistic ......

    They may stay if they find Singapore suitable? Then what ?

    Where is the conviction if all we want is anybody (you call creme of the crop) to become another one of us.....and all that talk about defense and what-have-you is nothing but a big farce .....it is money that could have been put to better use. Anyway if you choose to believe then by all means ........
    I agreed with you. It sound simple. But this is how many business transactions are done.

    Play golf, Drink coffee,...

    When my overseas friends come to Singapore, they look for me. Likewise when I am overseas, I look for them. This is call friendship and in business terms, networking!
    You get thing done easily if you know the guy well.

    When a smart guy stay in Singapore, he can contribute to Singapore. We need talent. He don't have to become a Singapore citizen as long as he contributes to Singapore in any positive ways.

    Do you that there are many CEOs in Singapore who are not Singapore citizens?

    Any suggestions as to where and how we should spend our money?

    My 2-cent!
    Last edited by Yappy; 18th November 2015 at 08:50 AM.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,802
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: XI WAKE UP

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    I agreed with you. It sound simple. But this is how many business transactions are done.

    Play golf, Drink coffee,...

    When my overseas friends come to Singapore, they look for me. Likewise when I am overseas, I look for them. This is call friendship and in business terms, networking!
    You get thing done easily if you know the guy well.

    When a smart guy stay in Singapore, he can contribute to Singapore. We need talent. He don't have to become a Singapore citizen as long as he contributes to Singapore in any positive ways.

    Do you that there are many CEOs in Singapore who are not Singapore citizens?

    Any suggestions as to where and how we should spend our money?

    My 2-cent!
    Yes, there are many CEO's who are not Singaporeans, But over the course of the last 10-15 years, we have seen many MNC's and their expats exiting Singapore. Why?

    Spend the money where Singaporeans can acknowledge and will benefit most ...... so simple, even the Government knows this. However they mostly apply this only once every 4 or 5 years.
    Last edited by Zenten; 18th November 2015 at 10:16 AM.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post

    Yes, there are many CEO's who are not Singaporeans, But over the course of the last 10-15 years, we have seen many MNC's and their expats exiting Singapore. Why?

    Spend the money where Singaporeans can acknowledge and will benefit most ...... so simple, even the Government knows this. However they mostly apply this only once every 4 or 5 years.
    Your argument is too naive......

  4. #24
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,546

    Default Re: XI WAKE UP

    One big reason Singapore is so unique and so important is geography. Seems to me this would be the most important aspect to make use of for Singaporeans (and only Singaporeans my opinion) in general. A laser focus on the implications of that unique geographical status. The Indian Ocean is going to become more important than ever before. The SCS is vital to the entire world. East Asia has a head of steam again and not under any colonial yoke either. History brothers. You guys are the hinge on the door...the little red dot in the center of it...Not for sale! You better believe it.

    I'd never in a million years want to be someone like Xi or Ma or Obama or LKY or Kennedy or anyone...no way Jose...
    Last edited by Nikonzen; 18th November 2015 at 11:32 AM.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,802
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: XI WAKE UP

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Your argument is too naive......

    Yes, I think so too .....
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  6. #26

    Default Re: XI WAKE UP

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    Your reasoning is simplistic ......

    They may stay if they find Singapore suitable? Then what ?

    Where is the conviction if all we want is anybody (you call creme of the crop) to become another one of us.....and all that talk about defense and what-have-you is nothing but a big farce .....it is money that could have been put to better use. Anyway if you choose to believe then by all means ........

    Be a skillful sailor or be a good solider.
    It seems being surrounded by sea, most singaporeans like to be sailors.

  7. #27

    Default Re: XI WAKE UP

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    Yes, there are many CEO's who are not Singaporeans, But over the course of the last 10-15 years, we have seen many MNC's and their expats exiting Singapore. Why?

    Spend the money where Singaporeans can acknowledge and will benefit most ...... so simple, even the Government knows this. However they mostly apply this only once every 4 or 5 years.
    The MNCs give you a base.

    Yes agreed, they come and go. Why should I say when I do not make money. So make it attractive for them to stay.

    Do you know that many amohs want to stay in Singapore?

    They maybe here for 10 years(after the incentive is over) but the type of experience they bring along is money cannot buy.

    Singaporeans are very smart, many of them, after working for MNC start their own companies. It is a win-win situation. using the similar model, Singapore also has her own MNC.

    Many MNC leave for lower business cost but many stay and many are still around. Apple, Shell, Seagate, HP, Panasonic, Sony, 3M, CISCO are some of the examples.

    A small state like us and we have so many MNCs, don't you think it is worth spending the monies?

    We are rich now and we talk big. But 50 years a go, we depend on foreign investment. We started very small, everything come, garment, shoe manufacturing, electronic assembly even wig making factory started a factory in Singapore.

    Many of the SMEs are started by the Hong Kee... not Singaporean.

    It doesn't matter what industries as long as they provide employment to the people.

    That is how Singapore begin!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •