Thread: Comments needed for a night shot

Default Comments needed for a night shot

HI .. again a beginner on learning curve
    feel free to comment anything you think can be improved.
    The image seem like become a bit blur after resize.

Default Re: Comments needed for a night shot

Quote Originally Posted by Laopan
    HI .. again a beginner on learning curve
    feel free to comment anything you think can be improved.
    The image seem like become a bit blur after resize.

I think the mosque would look better if it wasn't cut off at the bottom. I'd rather cut off the minaret and focus on the dome instead.

The street lamp in the foreground is quite dominant and draws attention away from the mosque.

The tilting of the camera also results in unpleasant perspective. This can add a dynamic look, but for a religious building I'd rather err on the conservative side. This could be corrected in postprocessing, be it on the computer or in a "wet" darkroom.

Default Re: Comments needed for a night shot

i think different kinds of buildings require different perspectives both literally and figuratively .
    imho mosques dont look great when the perspective is exaggerated. in this case i would have gone further back and shot the mosque head on rather than from one side. i would also leave out the lamp post as it creates a second focal element in your photograph. this is especially true because of its large size.

i also think that you could either have shot this a bit earlier to capture the setting sun or much later at night on a tripod to get the starry skies. this would make the photograph more interesting.

do you have any other shots of this taken from a different angle?

kashi