Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: saving the earth?

Default Re: saving the earth?

I propose to have 3-day/week instead. 4 days no need to drive to work!!!!
    Last edited by Yappy; 6th November 2015 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post

Ok. How far can u walk in 3 days? I estimate u can probably walk until Malacca? Show me u can do it
    I am wondering. If a company got few floors below n the rest is apartment, will you stay there? Save on transport, more time to sleep as office just below, central air con which u no worries etc. I might consider if rental is cheap. Heh heh!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    I propose to have 3-day/week instead. 4 days no need to drive to work!!!!
    Sounds good but nothing gets done.
    Expand your mind or get left behind

Ok. How far can u walk in 3 days? I estimate u can probably walk until Malacca? Show me u can do it
    You want to walk with me to make sure I can do it?

I cannot do much but I tried. One pot of water, after finished cooking noodles, drain the noodles, use the water for cooking the vegetables. Then scoop up the vegetables, use the water to boil 2 eggs. Too bad no baked beans (half can) else use the water to heat it up in another container!

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    I cannot do much but I tried. One pot of water, after finished cooking noodles, drain the noodles, use the water for cooking the vegetables. Then scoop up the vegetables, use the water to boil 2 eggs. Too bad no baked beans (half can) else use the water to heat it up in another container!
    you are trying to save the water, that is not enough, you should put everything (noodles, vegetables, 2 eggs and the baked beans) into the pot and cook together, so you able to save the water and LP gas.
    since whatever things go into our mouth and come out from our rear together, so why don't we just cook everything together to save all the trouble of cooking everything separately?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    you are trying to save the water, that is not enough, you should put everything (noodles, vegetables, 2 eggs and the baked beans) into the pot and cook together, so you able to save the water and LP gas.
    since whatever things go into our mouth and come out from our rear together, so why don't we just cook everything together to save all the trouble of cooking everything separately?
    All cooks at different timing. Noodles will be fast but not as the vegetables. Then the eggs need another 5 mins for it to become Semi hard boilded and the bean, I could not put it in water, sure gone case. Plus I don't cook eggs (shell) with noodles, do you!? Since the water is hot still, I did save some LP gas too from reheating the water. Btw, more items in the water will be using more LP gas to heat up, don't you aware?

Btw, more items in the water will be using more LP gas to heat up, don't you aware?
    Boil 1 liter split into two equal pots (2x 500ml) compared to boil 1 liter in one pot. The latter takes less energy because of the lower surface where heat loss can occur.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Boil 1 liter split into two equal pots (2x 500ml) compared to boil 1 liter in one pot. The latter takes less energy because of the lower surface where heat loss can occur.
    I cooking two packs of noodles and also, the water not enough to cover the eggs! Then I need to wash two pots, waste more water in the end, ha ha! Btw, water taxes is higher than LP gas, isn't wiser to save water first?

Blog Entries

I cooking two packs of noodles and also, the water not enough to cover the eggs! Then I need to wash two pots, waste more water in the end, ha ha! Btw, water taxes is higher than LP gas, isn't wiser to save water first?

count count count ........Go out ta pau lah .......so simple .........
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    count count count ........Go out ta pau lah .......so simple .........
    Exactly. Bean counting spoils life.
    EOS

All cooks at different timing. Noodles will be fast but not as the vegetables. Then the eggs need another 5 mins for it to become Semi hard boilded and the bean, I could not put it in water, sure gone case. Plus I don't cook eggs (shell) with noodles, do you!? Since the water is hot still, I did save some LP gas too from reheating the water. Btw, more items in the water will be using more LP gas to heat up, don't you aware?
    you can put those ingredients need longer time to cook into the pot first, and add other ingredients take lesser time later.

you can also eat some egg shells, increase your daily calcium intake, don't have to spend money just to buy calcium tablets.

you can put the pot and plate on the floor around when you take a shower, than wash the them in the kitchen sink, you don't need to use as much water as you used to.

if you want to bring it to the next level, cook your lunch and dinner at your office pantry.

don't forget bring one or two 1.5L pat bottles whenever you go out, fill them up whenever you see any drinking water taps, you will save some money on utility bills too.

Here are some inspiration for money saving. LOL

Are you on government social welfare that u have to think about saving gas and water?

BTW, there is better efficient way of cooking than what u r doing.

I assume u r referring to instant noodles in your cooking.

First of all, vegetables get cooked the fastest. Not the noodles, not even instant noodles. Vegetables cooked too long, will lose all nutrients.

The most efficient and healthiest way to cook is:

Put noodles in first, even if its instant noodles

Let it cook for 1.5 mins. Then crack the eggs inside, lower the fire. Let cook for about 20 secs, depending on how "soft boil" u want the eggs to be.

Remember to only use room temperature eggs, not straight from the fridge, because it takes longer to cook a cold egg.

Then the very last item u shld put is the vegetables (I assume it's leafy green ones that u are referring to). The moment u put the vegetables inside, turn off the fire. Then u just stir the pot very lightly for 5-10 secs. And you are done.

U will get a perfect bowl of noodles, with soft boiled eggs and green vegetables cooked just nice. (Not overcooked overboiled vegetables)

Never let the fire cook the vegetables. It will only destroy the nutrients. The boiling temperature of the soup is enough to cook the vegetables.

Unless u want to cook carrots or other hardy vegetables, then that's another way of cooking them.

If u follow my method, u will save gas, no need to wash 2 pots, save water and u get a perfect bowl of noodles.
    Last edited by donut88; 25th November 2015 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    you can put those ingredients need longer time to cook into the pot first, and add other ingredients take lesser time later.

you can also eat some egg shells, increase your daily calcium intake, don't have to spend money just to buy calcium tablets.

you can put the pot and plate on the floor around when you take a shower, than wash the them in the kitchen sink, you don't need to use as much water as you used to.

if you want to bring it to the next level, cook your lunch and dinner at your office pantry.

don't forget bring one or two 1.5L pat bottles whenever you go out, fill them up whenever you see any drinking water taps, you will save some money on utility bills too.
    Wa! Don't tell that your whole family are doing that and maybe drink each other urine after purifying it? I save but not to what extend that you been thinking of.

Are you on government social welfare that u have to think about saving gas and water?

BTW, there is better efficient way of cooking than what u r doing.

I assume u r referring to instant noodles in your cooking.

First of all, vegetables get cooked the fastest. Not the noodles, not even instant noodles. Vegetables cooked too long, will lose all nutrients.

The most efficient and healthiest way to cook is:

Put noodles in first, even if its instant noodles

Let it cook for 1.5 mins. Then crack the eggs inside, lower the fire. Let cook for about 20 secs, depending on how "soft boil" u want the eggs to be.

Remember to only use room temperature eggs, not straight from the fridge, because it takes longer to cook a cold egg.

Then the very last item u shld put is the vegetables (I assume it's leafy green ones that u are referring to). The moment u put the vegetables inside, turn off the fire. Then u just stir the pot very lightly for 5-10 secs. And you are done.

U will get a perfect bowl of noodles, with soft boiled eggs and green vegetables cooked just nice. (Not overcooked overboiled vegetables)

Never let the fire cook the vegetables. It will only destroy the nutrients. The boiling temperature of the soup is enough to cook the vegetables.

Unless u want to cook carrots or other hardy vegetables, then that's another way of cooking them.

If u follow my method, u will save gas, no need to wash 2 pots, save water and u get a perfect bowl of noodles.
    I want semi hard boiled eggs la. Cook noodles first, follow by vegetable as water is hot and the vegetable might still contain some dirts. Then lastly for the eggs to become semi hard boiled (hard outside, inside still a bit watery). Yummy!
    For the beans, those can baked type (with tomato sauce). If I got leftover, I will empty the water into a container, put the can in it to heat/warm it up and no use of any gas.
    I been doing that always, save on water/gases, also doing my parts on saving energy.

I want semi hard boiled eggs la. Cook noodles first, follow by vegetable as water is hot and the vegetable might still contain some dirts. Then lastly for the eggs to become semi hard boiled (hard outside, inside still a bit watery). Yummy!
    For the beans, those can baked type (with tomato sauce). If I got leftover, I will empty the water into a container, put the can in it to heat/warm it up and no use of any gas.
    I been doing that always, save on water/gases, also doing my parts on saving energy.
    Then u put the egg in as the first item, followed by noodles and the vegetables as the last item.

Hey, if yr vege got dirt, where did u get the idea from, that boiling water will get rid of the dirt? Which school teacher teach you this?

The only way to get rid of vegetables dirt is to wash them properly first.

Then u put the egg in as the first item, followed by noodles and the vegetables as the last item.

Hey, if yr vege got dirt, where did u get the idea from, that boiling water will get rid of the dirt? Which school teacher teach you this?

The only way to get rid of vegetables dirt is to wash them properly first.
    Some time wash vegetables liao still got a bit of dirt la. You put eggs first, water dirty liao, how to cook the rest!? Esp the eggs might crack by accident and the water, cannot be use for other, not that nice for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12