Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Any Queen fans here?

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Jurong East
    Posts
    361

    Default Re: Any Queen fans here?

    I bought the Greatest Hits Platinum CDs and I must say, it is the most value for money CD Box Set I have ever bought in my life. I got it for about $55.

    The epics Bohemian Rhapsody and Innuendo are worth listening to. I love Don't Stop Me Now. It has that jumpy catchy feel to it. Greatest Hits I is the best of the three in my opinion, with hits like Flash, BR, Don't Stop Me Now, actually I love the entire album. Yay

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Some equitorial, tropical isle
    Posts
    2,398

    Default Re: Any Queen fans here?

    YEah.... I like "Don't Stop Me Now" too...
    Dont forget "Hammer to Fall", "Bicycle", "Under Pressure" and of course "I Want To Break Free" and "We Will Rock You"

    Very good value for money album.
    Freddie died of AIDS by the way.....

  3. #23

    Default Re: Any Queen fans here?

    Quote Originally Posted by ndroo
    Paul Rodgers is the current lead singer. Watch him perform in the DVD 'Queen - Return of the champions'. He used to sing lead for Free and Bad Company. He may not be Freddie for sure but he sure does justice to Queen's songs. I think he's just singing lead for Queen and not replacing Freddie.
    Yes I just checked out their official website...seems like they are touring in Japan now...

    Anyone has any idea if there are DVDs of Queen in stores now? Keen to get that 1992 tribute concert at Wembley...and probably others if available...
    Last edited by boroangel; 17th October 2005 at 01:39 PM.

  4. #24
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: Any Queen fans here?

    My favorites are Bohemian Rhapsody and I want to break free about during Queen's peak I was also listening to a group which I kindda turn the radio up whenever I hear them Fleetwood Mac.

    Try listening to them and see if you like?

    ../azul123
    Last edited by azul123; 17th October 2005 at 02:37 PM.

  5. #25
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Any Queen fans here?

    Quote Originally Posted by boroangel
    Yes I just checked out their official website...seems like they are touring in Japan now...

    Anyone has any idea if there are DVDs of Queen in stores now? Keen to get that 1992 tribute concert at Wembley...and probably others if available...
    I have not heard Queen's song for a few years. After seeing this thread, i dig up my dusty CDs and listen to it......'Show must go on', i think Freddie must have a hard time singing this just a few months before his death.

    The 92 tribute got lots of my fav bands performing. Metallica, GNR, Def Leppard etc. If my memory serves me well, Perfect 10 was broadcasting the concert live back in 92. I know they did played it on air but forgot if its 'live' or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAeRo
    I bought the Greatest Hits Platinum CDs and I must say, it is the most value for money CD Box Set I have ever bought in my life. I got it for about $55.

    The epics Bohemian Rhapsody and Innuendo are worth listening to. I love Don't Stop Me Now. It has that jumpy catchy feel to it. Greatest Hits I is the best of the three in my opinion, with hits like Flash, BR, Don't Stop Me Now, actually I love the entire album. Yay
    Dun have this. Mine is only a 2 disc version. less songs. Dun have Don't stop me now.
    Last edited by afbug; 17th October 2005 at 03:14 PM.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Any Queen fans here?

    Quote Originally Posted by azul123
    My favorites are Bohemian Rhapsody and I want to break free about during Queen's peak I was also listening to a group which I kindda turn the radio up whenever I hear them Fleetwood Mac.

    Try listening to them and see if you like?

    ../azul123
    Yeah, I love all the Queen standards. The way I listen to a band is to play till I'm saturated, then I start looking at their lesser-known stuff, and at any one time, my favourite song may not be the song I consider their overall best. Hee.

    Ah, Fleetwood Mac. Their power incarnation with Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie. "Dreams" is a favourite, I could kill The Corrs for desecration, heh. I love their stuff. "Gypsy", "As Long As You Follow", "Big Love", "Sweet Little Lies"...

    Lindsey is quite an innovative guitarist and, in fact, this incarnation of Fleetwood Mac splits its songwriting between the above-named three. Stevie and Lindsey have pretty interesting works as solo artistes. Christine has the sweetness, Stevie the broken heart, and Lindsey the intellect.

    I'm too young to know all this, ARGH!

  7. #27
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Any Queen fans here?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaywalk
    Yeah, I love all the Queen standards. The way I listen to a band is to play till I'm saturated, then I start looking at their lesser-known stuff, and at any one time, my favourite song may not be the song I consider their overall best. Hee.

    Ah, Fleetwood Mac. Their power incarnation with Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie. "Dreams" is a favourite, I could kill The Corrs for desecration, heh. I love their stuff. "Gypsy", "As Long As You Follow", "Big Love", "Sweet Little Lies"...

    Lindsey is quite an innovative guitarist and, in fact, this incarnation of Fleetwood Mac splits its songwriting between the above-named three. Stevie and Lindsey have pretty interesting works as solo artistes. Christine has the sweetness, Stevie the broken heart, and Lindsey the intellect.

    I'm too young to know all this, ARGH!
    Can you list some of FM's hits? I only know sweet little lies. Or are those you listed the best? I was never really into Fleetwood Mac. More into rock and metal. BTW, too young to know all this? Sweet 16?

  8. #28

    Default Re: Any Queen fans here?

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Can you list some of FM's hits? I only know sweet little lies. Or are those you listed the best? I was never really into Fleetwood Mac. More into rock and metal. BTW, too young to know all this? Sweet 16?
    Well, Fleetwood Mac has a long history, before their "power incarnation" they were a blues, then blues-rock band with another guitarist. I wasn't born then.

    I think "Sweet Little Lies" was probably their best-known hit. I'd say if you don't know those songs I listed (or maybe you'll know when you hear them), then you won't know those I haven't listed . OK, I'll try: "You Make Loving Fun", "Rhiannon", "Tusk", depending on which years you listened to the radio.

    As for Stevie Nicks, "I Can't Wait" is a fantastic, frenetic beauty. "Stop Dragging My Heart Around", a duet, received a fair bit of airplay, so you might know it.

    I'm not Sweet 16, though that reminds me of Billy Idol, haha.

    I love rock 'n roll, so put another dime in the jukebox, baby.

  9. #29
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Any Queen fans here?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaywalk
    Well, Fleetwood Mac has a long history, before their "power incarnation" they were a blues, then blues-rock band with another guitarist. I wasn't born then.

    I think "Sweet Little Lies" was probably their best-known hit. I'd say if you don't know those songs I listed (or maybe you'll know when you hear them), then you won't know those I haven't listed . OK, I'll try: "You Make Loving Fun", "Rhiannon", "Tusk", depending on which years you listened to the radio.

    As for Stevie Nicks, "I Can't Wait" is a fantastic, frenetic beauty. "Stop Dragging My Heart Around", a duet, received a fair bit of airplay, so you might know it.

    I'm not Sweet 16, though that reminds me of Billy Idol, haha.

    I love rock 'n roll, so put another dime in the jukebox, baby.
    MAny thanks for your info and reccomandation! I try to borrow a CD.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •