Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44

Thread: This is so unfair.

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: This is so unfair.

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    Just wondering, if you had time to go to other shops for a reprint of those which really cannot make it, why don't you reject the entire batch and do the entire reprint from the other shops?
    the prints were all pain in full inline with the retail printing industry's practise and there's no way in hell that that they're going to refund it.

    After eikin told me about, I just wish that I was there that day!!!
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  2. #22
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: This is so unfair.

    Sorry what do you mean by "all pain in full inline".

    If I understand you correctly, you're saying that the industry's practice is not to refund for badly printed prints (assuming that veritical banding is considered as badly printed prints)?


    Quote Originally Posted by yqt
    the prints were all pain in full inline with the retail printing industry's practise and there's no way in hell that that they're going to refund it.

    After eikin told me about, I just wish that I was there that day!!!

  3. #23
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: This is so unfair.

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    Sorry what do you mean by "all pain in full inline".

    If I understand you correctly, you're saying that the industry's practice is not to refund for badly printed prints (assuming that veritical banding is considered as badly printed prints)?
    I think yqt is saying all paid in full inline with the retail printing industry's practise.

    and I doubt they did offer a re-print for eikin, and let alone a refund for this job.

    simply tell eikin take it or leave it.
    Last edited by catchlights; 17th October 2005 at 12:27 PM.

  4. #24

    Default Re: This is so unfair.

    ok, if that is the industry practice, I cannot argue, but I do not believe any industry can or will hava practice that supports delivering sub-standard/defective products? Something should be done.

    We should publicise the name of the shop to start.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  5. #25
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: This is so unfair.

    The industry practice of accepting payment in full before proceeding is nothing really wrong - after all they are trying to make sure they are in funds before expending costs in ink and materials (paper) and to avoid a customer-MIA situation.

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    I think yqt is saying all paid in full inline with the retail printing industry's practise.

    and I doubt they did offer a re-print for eikin, and let alone a refund for this job.

    simply tell eikin take it or leave it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    ok, if that is the industry practice, I cannot argue, but I do not believe any industry can or will hava practice that supports delivering sub-standard/defective products? Something should be done.

    We should publicise the name of the shop to start.
    However, as what Deadpoet said, it would be wrong to deliver sub-standard or defective products, whether or not payment was received upfront.

    If the quantum of monies paid is not negligible, I suggest eikin seek redress in the Small Claims Tribunal or CASE. Both are relatively cheap measures of redress. There is no excuse for substandard work and I'm not sure the shop can just ignore the fact that the prints were faulty - its a rather clear case if there are vertical bands.

    Also, I support the publication of the name of the shop - if all the facts quoted are true and accurate, there should be no repercussions to publication. In fact, if I feel sufficiently aggrieved, I would even drop an email to the shop to tell them of this post and that their unconscionable now would impact on them as far as future jobs from the photographic community is concerned.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: This is so unfair.

    we just finished the event yesterday and everyone at the community centre is tired. i'll probably try to get someone authorised enough to get something done in the next few days. (and my preparation for an important interview on wednesday was all ruined by this )

    we didn't reprint the entire batch due to time constraint, we can only pick 4 worst ones for reprinting at the other shop (printing the entire batch will mean i can only collect today, but the event was yesterday)

    and also due to time constraint we simply cannot wait at the shop and argue. we took whatever we can, technically it seems to me that we have already accepted compensation of sorts from the shop, that's why i am not putting the shop name up publicly.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: This is so unfair.

    i don't have the prints with me now, when i have time after wednesday i'll take a few pictures of the prints and post here for everyone to see the kind of horrid prints the shop is capable of.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Some equitorial, tropical isle
    Posts
    2,398

    Default Re: This is so unfair.

    Yes, just post the name already. How is Spore ever gonna improve quality of service with shops giving shoddy excuses that heads are clogged. If its clogged then get it serviced! What kind of dumb excuse is that??

  9. #29
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: This is so unfair.

    What "compensation of sorts" did you receive from the shop? the S$10/print rejected? How much did each print cost?

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    and also due to time constraint we simply cannot wait at the shop and argue. we took whatever we can, technically it seems to me that we have already accepted compensation of sorts from the shop, that's why i am not putting the shop name up publicly.

  10. #30
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: This is so unfair.

    Even if the clogging of heads does lead to banding, that is no excuse for delivery poor quality.

    Its like saying "My oven is faulty and therefore your pie is burnt because the timer is spoilt - too bad"

    Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    Yes, just post the name already. How is Spore ever gonna improve quality of service with shops giving shoddy excuses that heads are clogged. If its clogged then get it serviced! What kind of dumb excuse is that??

  11. #31

    Default Re: This is so unfair.

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    we just finished the event yesterday and everyone at the community centre is tired. i'll probably try to get someone authorised enough to get something done in the next few days. (and my preparation for an important interview on wednesday was all ruined by this )

    we didn't reprint the entire batch due to time constraint, we can only pick 4 worst ones for reprinting at the other shop (printing the entire batch will mean i can only collect today, but the event was yesterday)

    and also due to time constraint we simply cannot wait at the shop and argue. we took whatever we can, technically it seems to me that we have already accepted compensation of sorts from the shop, that's why i am not putting the shop name up publicly.
    What do you mean get someone "authorised" enough? If you don't want to do anything, why did you complain on CS? Just to whine and get some sympathy? You are wasting our time.

    We all agreed that you and your club were wronged. We all want to help, at this very moment, you are the one standing in the way of being helped.

    We ask which shop, you are not telling. You said you had accepted compensation, well, that does not mean you were not wronged. Did you sign a waiver that upon receipt of compensation, you have to keep your mouth shut? If you did, why are you posting here.

    Don't give excuses, this has nothing to do with your interview Wednesday. Don't past the responsibility to others. Just give the name of the shop? Or was this all just a figment of your imagination? By the way, please don't take pictures of the print and post it here. We don't care if you don't care!
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  12. #32
    Senior Member jOhO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,485

    Default Re: This is so unfair.

    how were the prints from the other shops? much better? (i assume so, if not you would have mentioned)

    becos with bandings, it sometimes occurs depending on the software or format the file is saved in. on screen it looks great, but print out already the banding is there (as in the colour graduation isn't smooth)

    but i guess in this case, if you're talking about print head faulty, the bandings would be solid lines that didn't get printed on and the paper itself shows thru.. right?

    anyway yeah, do post the name, anyway for me i never go to anyone else except the fella that does work for my ex-coy. i guess it's "guan xi" i know him quite well, so would rather give him the business.

  13. #33
    Senior Member poohbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    1,163

    Default Re: This is so unfair.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    What do you mean get someone "authorised" enough? If you don't want to do anything, why did you complain on CS? Just to whine and get some sympathy? You are wasting our time.

    We all agreed that you and your club were wronged. We all want to help, at this very moment, you are the one standing in the way of being helped.

    We ask which shop, you are not telling. You said you had accepted compensation, well, that does not mean you were not wronged. Did you sign a waiver that upon receipt of compensation, you have to keep your mouth shut? If you did, why are you posting here.

    Don't give excuses, this has nothing to do with your interview Wednesday. Don't past the responsibility to others. Just give the name of the shop? Or was this all just a figment of your imagination? By the way, please don't take pictures of the print and post it here. We don't care if you don't care!
    Aiya relax lah DP ....

    I'm the one with eikin on that day. Now my turn to comment.......

    1st - We are willingly to let go the name. Just PM me or eikin. The reason is simple, if you are printing or interested to print at BBC, it's valid to know the name of the shop. HOwever to those who don't do any printing at BBC. No point telling them the shop name also since they are not going there.

    2nd - We spent 1 hour plus arguing abt the quality of the prints, telling the boss how bad the quality is as compared with his sample put up on the wall ....In fact I asked to refund us the money so that we can do some reprint at Brash Basar complex urgently. He told us this : It's like u order bak kut teh , but u find the taste not good after eating it , but u still have to pay what. kaoz ~! what an anology The arguement it's not getting anywhere and we dun have much time left.... so the only way is to reach to an agreement. After much compromising, he agreed to slash 10 bucks off the original price of $55 per print rejected.

    3rd - As a print shop in the industry, how can one provide such quality. The reprints done at Peace Center was much much better less the obvious banding, and half the cost. Honestly when I saw the samples they had up on the wall, I really wouldn't mind paying for it. To that , the boss say it's because the sample prints were printed from a new print head .....and that he couldn't possibly change the print head just because of the obvious banding.

    4th- This thread was meant to share the bad exprience we had. If anyone thinks that we are bashing the shop, we can't do anything also.

  14. #34
    Senior Member poohbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    1,163

    Default Re: This is so unfair.

    *edited* I retracted my statement.
    Last edited by poohbear; 17th October 2005 at 03:38 PM.

  15. #35
    Senior Member poohbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    1,163

    Default Re: This is so unfair.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    What do you mean get someone "authorised" enough? If you don't want to do anything, why did you complain on CS? Just to whine and get some sympathy? You are wasting our time.
    Actually , we are doing something instead of whining and wining sympathy , we are warning the community. In fact, eikin has stress many times to PM for the shop name in previous post.

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: This is so unfair.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet
    What do you mean get someone "authorised" enough? If you don't want to do anything, why did you complain on CS? Just to whine and get some sympathy? You are wasting our time.

    We all agreed that you and your club were wronged. We all want to help, at this very moment, you are the one standing in the way of being helped.

    We ask which shop, you are not telling. You said you had accepted compensation, well, that does not mean you were not wronged. Did you sign a waiver that upon receipt of compensation, you have to keep your mouth shut? If you did, why are you posting here.

    Don't give excuses, this has nothing to do with your interview Wednesday. Don't past the responsibility to others. Just give the name of the shop? Or was this all just a figment of your imagination? By the way, please don't take pictures of the print and post it here. We don't care if you don't care!
    i never ask anyone here to help me, neither do i need to tell you what exactly i will do with this matter. my aim here primarily is to warn people, because alot of people here do large format inkjet printing. i'm not here to please you, you can say what you want, this is a free forum anyway. You can also choose to believe or disbelieve in what i say, if you don't care anyway, why post so much? oh well ...

  17. #37
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: This is so unfair.

    Well anyhow, the way I see it, at S$55 per print, I would recommend you take your case to the Small Claims Tribunal or case. I'm assuming that you are doing quite a number fo prints - even if its only 10, S$550 is pretty much sufficient to justify the time to lodget a claim.

    If you require help, do let us know.

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    i never ask anyone here to help me, neither do i need to tell you what exactly i will do with this matter. my aim here primarily is to warn people, because alot of people here do large format inkjet printing. i'm not here to please you, you can say what you want, this is a free forum anyway. You can also choose to believe or disbelieve in what i say, if you don't care anyway, why post so much? oh well ...

  18. #38
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: This is so unfair.

    I think that you should tell him this:

    "If a shop hands out free samples of bak kut teh in those little cups/bowls and say "Free Trying, very nice!" and after you eat the samples, its really good, so you decide to go into the shop to order a bowl of bak kut teh.

    When you try the bowl which you had to pay for, the soup is tasteless and watery, the meat is tough like rock and there are bone fragments in the mix, do you still want to pay?"

    This is called reversing his analogy back onto him

    Quote Originally Posted by poohbear

    He told us this : It's like u order bak kut teh , but u find the taste not good after eating it , but u still have to pay what. kaoz ~! what an anology

  19. #39

    Lightbulb Re: This is so unfair.

    sound, sound. bravo!

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    I think that you should tell him this:

    "If a shop hands out free samples of bak kut teh in those little cups/bowls and say "Free Trying, very nice!" and after you eat the samples, its really good, so you decide to go into the shop to order a bowl of bak kut teh.

    When you try the bowl which you had to pay for, the soup is tasteless and watery, the meat is tough like rock and there are bone fragments in the mix, do you still want to pay?"

    This is called reversing his analogy back onto him

  20. #40

    Default Re: This is so unfair.

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    i never ask anyone here to help me, neither do i need to tell you what exactly i will do with this matter. my aim here primarily is to warn people, because alot of people here do large format inkjet printing. i'm not here to please you, you can say what you want, this is a free forum anyway. You can also choose to believe or disbelieve in what i say, if you don't care anyway, why post so much? oh well ...
    you don't need to please me, but you really pissing me off. If you really want to warn the general public, post the name of the shop!
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •