Thread: Recommend a printer

Default Recommend a printer

Can anyone recommend me a printer that can print on CD/DVD. Looking for Canon and Epson only. Not too expensive but prefer individual ink catridge. Thanks.

Default Re: Recommend a printer

Epson R210.

I use Epson before but always must do head cleaning. Ink finish fast leh. What about Canon? Anybody experience Canon?

I use a Canon i905D. No problem with ink clogs and etc. Only prob is that the inks will fade unless you print it on their Photo Paper Pro. Tried a couple of papers, ink will fade very fast. Curious abt their ChromaLife100 though.

Quote Originally Posted by HippingHippo
    I use a Canon i905D. No problem with ink clogs and etc. Only prob is that the inks will fade unless you print it on their Photo Paper Pro. Tried a couple of papers, ink will fade very fast. Curious abt their ChromaLife100 though.
    Hmm that's interesting. Never heard about this before. Thanks for sharing.

yo bro, a friend of mine is using EPSON Stylus Photo RX630, pretty good IMO.
    she showed me one of her fav wedding photo in 8R, i tot it was printed by lab until she told me she scan & print all by herself! wow!!

*hint*
    sitex coming up end Nov.
    Last edited by scud; 15th October 2005 at 10:25 PM.

if u don need to LCD screen on rx630 get the 510 ..
    I am using it .. + CIS system ..

AM printing like mad ..

Quote Originally Posted by scud
    yo bro, a friend of mine is using EPSON Stylus Photo RX630, pretty good IMO.
    she showed me one of her fav wedding photo in 8R, i tot it was printed by lab until she told me she scan & print all by herself! wow!!

*hint*
    sitex coming up end Nov.
    Got the hint bro. Thanks for the tip. Using Epson now and find the clogging unbearable.

The Epson R210 or R310 is pretty impressive in quality. However, the print head is really a problem. That depence on luck already.

Canon does give a very low running cost. Colour more vibrant and you can change the print head. But the printout still look very ink jet (especially they are using Dye ink).