Thread: how much is the charge for the shoot?

Default how much is the charge for the shoot?

I would like to know how much does a photographer can charge to shoot product? e.g flowers, clothing with fake model)

And also for commercial ad as well... that inclusive of D.I. work as well...

Just curious of how they charge? Per items? Per hour? Or...??

Default Re: how much is the charge for the shoot?

He can charge any amount. Its your effort (and ur raw material cost) that's ppl are paying u for.

And remember, never do a commercial shoot for others and based on their LIES of 'no money' and lower ur cost or even give them a free shoot. At the end of the day, they'll be eating big fish, big meat and u'll be eating yourself.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

How much can your customer afford?

No use quoting for a high price when they can only pay peanuts.

Anyway, product shots depends on either by volume or by per item.

Volume product shots (about 8-12 items) quote by per day (8 hours) = $1,600(minimum)-$2,000 (Additional time is $150 per hour)

Per product shot price about $300.00-$350.00 per shot. (Minimum at least 3 items and max of 8 items) Per shot 3 angles only.

If only 1 item charge $450.00 but give 5 angles.

All prices above are at minimum quote for normal product shots. Anything more complicated that need props and so on, please charge to the customer accordingly. Don't let them take advantage.

COD.......Cash on Delivery. If not, you will not get your money so quickly once you handover the photos.

Contract muct be draft out for Copyright purposes. Images only to use for once only. Never surrender your copyright. Any reuse of images, the person must pay at least 10% Levy fees of the Advertisement budget of the company or each time your image is reuse.

Customer not happy with price and terms.....then asked them to find another photographer. If not, most photographers in Singapore will be taken advantage.

Thanks for the reply.. Anyway... how do I draft out the copyrights?? I never seen it before. Recently help my relative doing the flower shot... now i realise i been EATEN big time...

Thanks jsbn and Pro Image help.

U mind helpin me with the rights issue and guide me???

Quote Originally Posted by josho
    Thanks for the reply.. Anyway... how do I draft out the copyrights?? I never seen it before. Recently help my relative doing the flower shot... now i realise i been EATEN big time...

Thanks jsbn and Pro Image help.

U mind helpin me with the rights issue and guide me???
    Chill my friend. That's ur relative u're toking. And my recent experience really made me bite my nails and squeeze my balls in anguish when not even a single cent came my way... all in the name of so-called 'credits' that never came.

To be honest, I'm pretty new as well, especially on the issue of copyright. U can ask Pro_Image on this matter. He'll know the market rates & workings.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."