Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: my study grant($2300 only) was approved but......

  1. #1

    Default my study grant($2300 only) was approved but......

    the CCNA course is $3000/++ . NICC is willing to sponsor me up to 70%($2300). I don't know if i should take out $700-$800 to attend the course. I dunno worth it or not leh......
    Last edited by ninelives; 22nd October 2002 at 11:40 PM.

  2. #2

    Default

    ccna $3000 ?

  3. #3

  4. #4

    Default

    keito, expensive hor?

    jason, NICC is something like infocomm. http://nicc.org.sg

  5. #5

    Default

    Originally posted by ninelives
    keito, expensive hor?

    jason, NICC is something like infocomm. http://nicc.org.sg
    Ah so no bond/contract. I say GO for it!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    168

    Default

    NTUC with Ngee ANN only 2k++ leh

  7. #7

    Default

    Originally posted by kawan
    NTUC with Ngee ANN only 2k++ leh
    NTUC ?? nee ann ?? they are not up to standard if you ask me. sorry but that's a fact. only 2 computer schools are authorize by CISCO, the others are not.

    sigh,if i can use the fund to buy a G lens.......

  8. #8

    Default

    are certifications absolutely necessary?

  9. #9

    Default

    nine, seriously think u should consider self-study. At most buy the simulator package.

    If CCNP course, then can consider.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Originally posted by Shadus
    nine, seriously think u should consider self-study. At most buy the simulator package.

    If CCNP course, then can consider.

    he wouln't
    as the school is more important..
    self study is the worse case for cisco recognition..

  11. #11

    Default

    Originally posted by kawan



    he wouln't
    as the school is more important..
    self study is the worse case for cisco recognition..
    dun get the punt or...joke?
    err...wht school more impt? I nvr knew certification got school considerations heehee....

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    L2TPYSG
    Posts
    4,058

    Default

    Originally posted by chaotic
    are certifications absolutely necessary?
    very... the certs sometimes more impt than the person's project resume..
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Originally posted by Shadus

    oh yes it does,
    imagine you got your CCNA cert with a NTUC logo on it..
    as compare to one that have NUS chop
    (maybe I'm talking about the attandance cert, but not the CISCO cert)
    it makes different sometime..

  14. #14

    Default

    Originally posted by Shadus


    dun get the punt or...joke?
    err...wht school more impt? I nvr knew certification got school considerations heehee....
    put it this way, would u spend your money on a trainer/school who are authorise by Cisco or one who does not? You know, this trainer has to meet a requirment before they are allow to teach. When you are authorize to teach, it mean you have met the requirement by CISCO.

    those cheap cheap school may skip lot of chapters. the trainer might have CCNA but they might not being approved by CISCO. Hence, their price is normally 50 & cheaper.


    Few already experienced that.

  15. #15

    Default

    Originally posted by ninelives


    put it this way, would u spend your money on a trainer/school who are authorise by Cisco or one who does not? You know, this trainer has to meet a requirment before they are allow to teach. When you are authorize to teach, it mean you have met the requirement by CISCO.

    those cheap cheap school may skip lot of chapters. the trainer might have CCNA but they might not being approved by CISCO. Hence, their price is normally 50 & cheaper.


    Few already experienced that.
    now i'm totally confused.
    I look at my certs. No chop about which school leh. Just Oracle chop. Or MS chop. anyway, i do self study, how to chop?

    err...just a bit info.
    For oracle, 1st paper i attended a class in taipei (a school there).
    2nd paper is local, conduct by Oracle themselves
    The rest is self study.
    The final cert, no indication of school leh...just "Oracle"

    MS ah.... just self study.

    As for CCNA & CCNP, intend to self-study next yr. Moreover, i've a real setup to practise it wif, dun see a need to pay to get taught. u mean CISCO will indicate which school i attend?!
    Last edited by Shadus; 23rd October 2002 at 09:32 AM.

  16. #16

    Default

    oh, and by the way, most company i know dun acknowledge attendence certs at all.

  17. #17

    Default

    Originally posted by kawan



    he wouln't
    as the school is more important..
    self study is the worse case for cisco recognition..
    that's strange, the CCNA cert all looks alike & issued by CISCO.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •