Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: A dedicated pro

  1. #1
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default A dedicated pro

    Seems to be hurting her back...


  2. #2
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: A dedicated pro

    Racing photographer Sharon Lee Chapman.

    Sharon uses three cameras and on this picture she has just collected two of her remote cameras from the track. The photo is from Australia where photographers are required to follow the same dress code as the public.
    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

  3. #3

    Default Re: A dedicated pro

    'Dedicated' is an understatement! Shows what some of things one must do to make the grade.
    Website: Curious

  4. #4
    Senior Member Dfive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore lah....
    Posts
    3,106

    Default Re: A dedicated pro

    Thats like 12KG ++ on her !!
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

  5. #5
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: A dedicated pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Dfive View Post
    Thats like 12KG ++ on her !!
    You do know a female can use the same weight or more in a bowling ball on a one hand throws. heh

    Twice that weight is still nothing for a human being of her/his size to carry on her if she is someone who does this as part of her chosen job. She looks like she knows how to carry and distribute that weight well enough to still stop and catch an opportunistic photo shot if she needs to on the move. Now that's professional. It's quoted she had just collected two remote cameras from another point hence having 5 cameras on her while she usually have 3. It's easy how we think if this was a male carrying all that gear, we think little of it. heh. Should read more about her and see her shots. Impressive.

    In my former office's warehouse we have ladies who carry and stack carton weighing easily 20-30kg on their own for most of the day's work. But then again I have seen guys her size who can't carry that and whine a lot too heheh.
    Last edited by sammy888; 25th October 2015 at 09:09 PM.
    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Seems to be hurting her back...
    She sure knows how to handle a big gun. Lol

  7. #7
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: A dedicated pro

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    You do know a female can use the same weight or more in a bowling ball on a one hand throws. heh

    Twice that weight is still nothing for a human being of her/his size to carry on her if she is someone who does this as part of her chosen job. She looks like she knows how to carry and distribute that weight well enough to still stop and catch an opportunistic photo shot if she needs to on the move. Now that's professional. It's quoted she had just collected two remote cameras from another point hence having 5 cameras on her while she usually have 3. It's easy how we think if this was a male carrying all that gear, we think little of it. heh. Should read more about her and see her shots. Impressive.

    In my former office's warehouse we have ladies who carry and stack carton weighing easily 20-30kg on their own for most of the day's work. But then again I have seen guys her size who can't carry that and whine a lot too heheh.
    Seriously distribution of weight is important.

    This is the reason why we keep balls between legs.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: A dedicated pro

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    She sure knows how to handle a big gun. Lol
    Please don't talk as if you have a big one too.

    Your size may work against you.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Nikonzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    2,544

    Default Re: A dedicated pro

    I've heard of one camera one lens but geezuz...
    Expand your mind or get left behind

  10. #10

    Default Re: A dedicated pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Seriously distribution of weight is important.

    This is the reason why we keep balls between legs.
    Grandmother Story!

    In the early days, boys do wear ear ring...????

    Do you know why?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •