Hello there fellow CSers! Well recently I assisted my cousin in shooting an Engagement. We are both amateurs and freelancing at this. I was called upon the last minute to assist him in the shoot. So this was what happen. I will tell you, this is one hell of a story you will find ridiculous. I will put in point form in accordance to the sequence of events. Your help and advices are much appreciated.
- Communication was not directly to the client but thru a 3rd party who is so called the coordinator.
- Mutual agreement was $XXX inclusive of 100 Edited Photos & One Album.
- This is only coverage for the Girl's Side.
- On the day of the shoot, we were told at the last minute that we were required to go over to the Guy's Side to shoot also.
- At at the same point of time, we were told to pull some strings and produce 200 Edited Photos instead since we are covering for both sides.
- At that point we decided to sound off and suggested the idea of a Thumb drive instead of an album because we want them to have the freedom of playing with their photos.
- We started at 3pm and ended at 9pm. 6 HOURS ENGAGEMENT (More like a wedding)
- Both me and my cousin are totally worn out.
- I suggested to my cousin that I would like to edit all the photos from his camera and mine so as to speed up the process since im on leave for a few days.
- After the shoot, the coordinator came to us to re discuss the mutual agreement and about the price.
- Since we had to cover for the Guy's side too and after knowing that the requirement has been jacked up plus the number of hours we were there to do the job, we too decided to jack up the price abit to $XXX. WE WERE PAID THE FULL AMOUNT ON THE SPOT (BECAUSE THEY TRUST US).
- Coordinator agreed and we told them since we covered for both sides, it will take us roughly 1 week to finish Editing the photos since I was going to edit everything
- However during the conversation, my cousin sounded off and told me he did not want to trouble me so he decided to edit the photos himself.
- We informed the coordinator again about the changes and told them we need 2 weeks.
- 3 days after the shoot, the coordinator called us up and told us AGAIN to pull some strings and produced 2 ALBUMS on top of the thumb drive.
- We decided to be lenient and agreed to the request since I could get a very cheap deal for albums.
- 1.5 Weeks has passed and we were 3/4 way through. We received a phone call from the coordinator asking its been more than 1 week, where are the photos.
- We were shocked and told them it was 2 weeks not 1 week. They forgot we mentioned to them about this matter.
- They told me my cousin is hard to contact. But I told them, he's a paramedic and apparently he's very busy everyday. He does not have his phone 24/7.
- They told me that the replies my cousin gave is half hearted and he did not take the initiative to contact them and update the progress. (FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WE HAVE FULL TIME JOBS.)
- They told me they have lost trust in my cousin because his behaviour.
- Since they were the 3rd party, they were pressured by the clients. And this is what led to them making false promises.
- To cover their butt, they told the client we had shot roughly 400 odd photos in total (which is true), and 300 PICS ARE OF GOOD QUALITY AND SHALL BE GIVEN AS THE FINAL PRODUCT (totally not true and not in the agreement)
- So what happened next is, they turn the gun to us saying "YOU PROMISED 300 PHOTOS IN ONE WEEK."
- Obviously I told them since when? But they were in denial so. I didn't wanna butt heads so I just shut up and try to complete the task.
- Phone rang again and this time, "CAN YOU GIVE US ALL THE PHOTOS? EDITED AND NON EDITED ONES"
- Since I wanna end this hectic piece of job, I said no problem we can give to you.
After the end of this job, I plan to stamp something on their head, telling them that all these was a total BS. I need help in telling them that in a "nicer" and indirect way. Your help and advice will be of such great assistance.
I SEEK YOU GUYS TO NOT SCREENSHOT THIS AND POST TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA WEBSITES OR PAGES. THIS POST IS TOTALLY SAFE HERE IN CLUBSNAP BECAUSE THE PEOPLE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THIS PAGE.
P.S: Mutual Agreement $XXX was $200 and the jacked up price $XXX was $350. You guys decide.