Thread: manfrotto non standard tripod mount (tri/momopod to tripod head)

Default manfrotto non standard tripod mount (tri/momopod to tripod head)

I have a manfrotto monopod and it fits a 352RC head no problem. I just bought a 322RC2 trigger head but its a differnet screw size and too big screw threads to fit on the monopod? do i need an adapter or something? whats up? same brand not compattible?
    Last edited by captnj; 13th October 2005 at 07:40 PM.

Default Re: manfrotto non standard tripod mount (tri/momopod to tripod head)

Quote Originally Posted by captnj
    I have a manfrotto monopod and it fits a 352RC head no problem. I just bought a 322RC2 trigger head but its a differnet screw size and too big screw threads to fit on the monopod? do i need an adapter or something? whats up? same brand not compattible?
    One is 1/4", another is 3/8", all head suppose to have 3/8" female threads unless is a small/mini head, there is a tripod adaptor #120 for convert tripod head screw from 3/8" to 1/4".

Hope this help.

btw, are you having the monopod #276? that's the only model have 1/4" screw, the rest have dual thread size screw.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    One is 1/4", another is 3/8", all head suppose to have 3/8" female threads unless is a small/mini head, there is a tripod adaptor #120 for convert tripod head screw from 3/8" to 1/4".

Hope this help.
    oh thanks. how much does one of those cost? and where can i find it?

regds
    jon

Quote Originally Posted by captnj
    oh thanks. how much does one of those cost? and where can i find it?

regds
    jon
    For this, you have to check with Cathy Photo.. or Ruby